The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The same rubbish was said by the same people after we beat wolves and after we beat chelsea. Why do the abysmal draws and poor losses get ignored?

We've won 7 games this season.

We were 1 loss away from setting a club record for consecutive home losses.

We were minutes away from setting a club record for consecutive home games without a win.

The majority of our performances have been boring, negative rubbish.

Why after all this should I or any other unhappy villa fan do a complete u turn because we managed to win yesterday?

I would happily take 17th place if it meant this clearing in the woods was sacked at the end of the season. Why would any fan accept their club becoming a bottom half team?

I wonder how some people's opinion of Mcleish would be if doug had hired him

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've won 7 games this season.

We were 1 loss away from setting a club record for consecutive home losses.

We were minutes away from setting a club record for consecutive home games without a win.

The majority of our performances have been boring, negative rubbish.

Why after all this should I or any other unhappy villa fan do a complete u turn because we managed to win yesterday?

I would happily take 17th place if it meant this clearing in the woods was sacked at the end of the season. Why would any fan accept their club becoming a bottom half team?

I wonder how some people's opinion of Mcleish would be if doug had hired him

Your post is somewhat confussing!

I don't get this we we're minutes away from setting a club record, erm we scored and won the game so it really doesn't come into play.

No one wants you to do a u turn, but you like many fans are happy for us to fail so he gets sacked, you've said it in your own post!

Are you sure Rodger would want to come to Villa in the current situation?

I doubt he would, he said he's trying to build his career not ruin it!

joking aside I think he would, as much as our current situation is poor, we'd still be a step up from swansea!

I am not so sure he would mate, though love the way his team play and agree he may be great with the crop of lads we have coming through as think that is his forte

The message boards have been going crazy. Dreadful manager, relegated twice with Blues, finished third with Rangers... Forget the fact that he got Blues to their highest League finish in over fifty years and a League Cup, a bigger achievement than Villa have managed in the last 16 years. Forget the fact that he won the Scottish Premier League twice with Rangers - sure it was only against Martin O'Neill's Celtic and sure he signed a bunch of players on Bosman free transfers. Sure if he had money he would have misused it I'm sure. Forget the fact he won seven out of ten matches at Scotland, including one away to France in Paris, sure Scotland have proven how good they were since. Forget the fact he took Rangers to the last 16 of the Champions League, further than any other Scottish side. Forget getting Hibernians in Europe, who are second last in the League now. It's not important... He got Blues relegated twice and finished third with Rangers. Although his predecessor Paul Le Guen lasted only a few months in the job, what with no money to spend that McLeish had to contend with, sure it was probably McLeish's fault they did so badly under Le Guen.

We don't care where he came from. Those 500 or so protesting outside the ground, before he was even appointed, no we all gave him a chance. What did the banner say? "No McLeish at Aston Villa".... No, that's not why we don't like him, it's the style he plays. Were people booing at his first home game at Villa Park against Blackburn? Ah, it was only a few. Sure every other manager has had a few boos on their first game I'd say. And it's four months since we've won at home. That is unacceptable. It doesn't matter that fans haven't been getting behind the team, who needs home support these days!

And it's been so so boring... Way too many draws! I mean that draw against QPR, awful stuff. We had 23 shots in that game. Nearly fell asleep. And it's definitely McLeish's fault we only scored two. Sure under Martin O'Neill we were always playing positive end to end football. It's only a matter of time before we lose 7-1 to someone. Even at the weekend, what was McLeish thinking telling the players to take shots on Paul Robinson in that form. Why oh why didn't we appoint Andre Villas Boas or Rafael Benetiz in the summer? Randy Lerner, hang your head in shame. How dare you consider cutting costs after pumping €260 million into the club. You've only half done the job! If you had appointed a decent manager, Ashley Young, Stuart Downing, Brad Friedel, James Milner, Gareth Barry would surely have stayed. And don't start me on the injuries. There's only one person I'm blaming for them, McLeish!

What we need is to get our fingers out as fans. Sign petitions, wave anti-McLeish banners at matches. We've had enough of a manager we've never accepted, never encouraged and consistently berated. He's just not doing the job he should be doing. Look at our eleven remaining fixtures, we're bound to lose eight or nine of them and probably go down. I know we've only lost nine of the previous 27 but we're bound to go downhill from here. Sure we're in a relegation battle don't you know. Only eight points clear of some quality teams like Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and QPR. Sure they are picking points at an increasing rate , 0.8 a game. If they continue like that they'll finish on 31 points, and we may not get those two points to see us safe. There's only one way to escape relegation, sack McLeish now!! You aren't a true fan if you even think for a moment we should give him a chance to build his own team.

Did I mention he got Blues relegated twice and finished third with Rangers?

http://astonvilla.ie/entry.php?b=33

a decent article about Eck

I don't get this we we're minutes away from setting a club record, erm we scored and won the game so it really doesn't come into play.

Why would you ignore the fact we hadn't won at home the previous 7 games? Why would you ignore the fact that we were close to setting a new club record?

Winning shows we won a game but it doesn't wipe away the shit before it.

If Heskey scores in the next game will we forget all the games he didn't score? Will his poor goal scoring record mean nothing?

The message boards have been going crazy. Dreadful manager, relegated twice with Blues, finished third with Rangers... Forget the fact that he got Blues to their highest League finish in over fifty years and a League Cup, a bigger achievement than Villa have managed in the last 16 years. Forget the fact that he won the Scottish Premier League twice with Rangers - sure it was only against Martin O'Neill's Celtic and sure he signed a bunch of players on Bosman free transfers. Sure if he had money he would have misused it I'm sure. Forget the fact he won seven out of ten matches at Scotland, including one away to France in Paris, sure Scotland have proven how good they were since. Forget the fact he took Rangers to the last 16 of the Champions League, further than any other Scottish side. Forget getting Hibernians in Europe, who are second last in the League now. It's not important... He got Blues relegated twice and finished third with Rangers. Although his predecessor Paul Le Guen lasted only a few months in the job, what with no money to spend that McLeish had to contend with, sure it was probably McLeish's fault they did so badly under Le Guen.

We don't care where he came from. Those 500 or so protesting outside the ground, before he was even appointed, no we all gave him a chance. What did the banner say? "No McLeish at Aston Villa".... No, that's not why we don't like him, it's the style he plays. Were people booing at his first home game at Villa Park against Blackburn? Ah, it was only a few. Sure every other manager has had a few boos on their first game I'd say. And it's four months since we've won at home. That is unacceptable. It doesn't matter that fans haven't been getting behind the team, who needs home support these days!

And it's been so so boring... Way too many draws! I mean that draw against QPR, awful stuff. We had 23 shots in that game. Nearly fell asleep. And it's definitely McLeish's fault we only scored two. Sure under Martin O'Neill we were always playing positive end to end football. It's only a matter of time before we lose 7-1 to someone. Even at the weekend, what was McLeish thinking telling the players to take shots on Paul Robinson in that form. Why oh why didn't we appoint Andre Villas Boas or Rafael Benetiz in the summer? Randy Lerner, hang your head in shame. How dare you consider cutting costs after pumping €260 million into the club. You've only half done the job! If you had appointed a decent manager, Ashley Young, Stuart Downing, Brad Friedel, James Milner, Gareth Barry would surely have stayed. And don't start me on the injuries. There's only one person I'm blaming for them, McLeish!

What we need is to get our fingers out as fans. Sign petitions, wave anti-McLeish banners at matches. We've had enough of a manager we've never accepted, never encouraged and consistently berated. He's just not doing the job he should be doing. Look at our eleven remaining fixtures, we're bound to lose eight or nine of them and probably go down. I know we've only lost nine of the previous 27 but we're bound to go downhill from here. Sure we're in a relegation battle don't you know. Only eight points clear of some quality teams like Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and QPR. Sure they are picking points at an increasing rate , 0.8 a game. If they continue like that they'll finish on 31 points, and we may not get those two points to see us safe. There's only one way to escape relegation, sack McLeish now!! You aren't a true fan if you even think for a moment we should give him a chance to build his own team.

Did I mention he got Blues relegated twice and finished third with Rangers?

http://astonvilla.ie/entry.php?b=33

a decent article about Eck

No its not, its complete shite.

Whatever way you want to dress it up. It aint gonna work for him at Villa.

You can pretend it will. You can pretend it may come good. Do what you want.

The Holte end will never chant this blokes name, and with the dross he serves up, nor should they.

Why would you ignore the fact we hadn't won at home the previous 7 games? Why would you ignore the fact that we were close to setting a new club record?

If Heskey scores in the next game will we forget all the games he didn't score? Will his poor goal scoring record mean nothing?

Im not ignoring anything. But saying we were minutes away is all ifs and buts as it never happened. Imagine if we were minutes away from setting a new home record for number of wins, I bet you'd say well it hasn't happened so he's still shit.

I just think it's about time we got behind the manager and the team, why do you think we were minutes away from a new record at home?

And nice to see you ignored the comment about wanting the manager to fail.

One reason I want him gone is I dread who he will buy in the summer. I dont want him to build his own team at Villa. The Blues team was awful, so will we be. He's hardly proved he has an eye for a player.

Answer me this, what if he builds his team and we still win **** all, then they sack him. We will be in a whole world of plop. We will be back to the drawing board trying to sell shite players again. Transition! **** I hate that word

You never know, Cameron Jerome and David Weir might do well for us... :puke:

One reason I want him gone is I dread who he will buy in the summer

Given and Keane were very good signings and Hutton is doing well now. Just the Zog signing hasnt really worked out but still early days

Im not ignoring anything. But saying we were minutes away is all ifs and buts as it never happened. Imagine if we were minutes away from setting a new home record for number of wins, I bet you'd say well it hasn't happened so he's still shit.

I just think it's about time we got behind the manager and the team, why do you think we were minutes away from a new record at home?

:lol: its not ifs and buts. Saying we were minutes away shows we hadn't won in the previous 7 games and needed a last minute winner to stop the record. If we were close to breaking the record for most wins and didn't get It you still couldn't ignore the consecutive wins before it.

Like i said, would you ignore heskeys record as a goal scorer if he scored next week? Of course you wouldn't because it would be stupid to just take one game to form an argument.

Why do i think we nearly set a new record? The title of this thread might give you a clue.

And yes i've reached a point where if it meant him going i would happily see us finish 17th. Because under a decent manager i'd be confident of building something good again and becoming a competitive team.

Instead i'll have to watch boring football, watch us lose or draw many games and have to read your posts on here telling us to get behind him for the following year.

I'll take short term failure with the promise of change over a guaranteed future of mediocrity.

The Holte end will never chant this blokes name, and with the dross he serves up, nor should they.

You are completely right, but even if they were to chant his name, it would be no indicator of the quality of football. After all they chanted the Messiah's name, and his long ball football was particularly shite at home.

It really depends on what happens in the remaining game, all the indications are that unless their is complete meltdown then Lerner will keep faith with McLeish. I think it was an awful and frankly quite insulting appointment. I don't hate McLeish, I just don't rate him and seriously think he lacks the nouse to do anything at a club like ours, he doesn't understand the club or the fans.

That said, there is no doubt the negative atmosphere affects the club and the performances, it does at any club, i've avoided becoming embroiled in booing etc myself, that said I don't blame those that have as it was the only real means of letting the chairman know what the fans wanted and how unhappy they were.

If he keeps his job in summer amongst all the current discontent then that is time to draw a line under the protesting against his position. It will be the first time in a while now that we've started a season with the same guy who finished the last. We cannot have another season of booing and misery, if he keeps his job we must take a step back, see who leaves and joins, and then get behind what I am sure will be a quite changed squad, I don't want new players coming to this club experiencing the worst of us, because we are a great influence on the team when we are all pulling in the same direction.

I want us to be a success whoever is in charge and if a year of complaining and abuse hasn't got rid of him then nothing bar meltdown will, so we should change our approach and attitude.

It really depends on what happens in the remaining game, all the indications are that unless their is complete meltdown then Lerner will keep faith with McLeish. I think it was an awful and frankly quite insulting appointment. I don't hate McLeish, I just don't rate him and seriously think he lacks the nouse to do anything at a club like ours, he doesn't understand the club or the fans.

That said, there is no doubt the negative atmosphere affects the club and the performances, it does at any club, i've avoided becoming embroiled in booing etc myself, that said I don't blame those that have as it was the only real means of letting the chairman know what the fans wanted and how unhappy they were.

If he keeps his job in summer amongst all the current discontent then that is time to draw a line under the protesting against his position. It will be the first time in a while now that we've started a season with the same guy who finished the last. We cannot have another season of booing and misery, if he keeps his job we must take a step back, see who leaves and joins, and then get behind what I am sure will be a quite changed squad, I don't want new players coming to this club experiencing the worst of us, because we are a great influence on the team when we are all pulling in the same direction.

I want us to be a success whoever is in charge and if a year of complaining and abuse hasn't got rid of him then nothing bar meltdown will, so we should change our approach and attitude.

A well written post. McLeish encountered the bigotry in Scotland and Lerner doesn't have the balls to sack him so everything points to him being our manager next season.

:lol: its not ifs and buts. Saying we were minutes away shows we hadn't won in the previous 7 games and needed a last minute winner to stop the record. If we were close to breaking the record for most wins and didn't get It you still couldn't ignore the consecutive wins before it.

Like i said, would you ignore heskeys record as a goal scorer if he scored next week? Of course you wouldn't because it would be stupid to just take one game to form an argument.

Why do i think we nearly set a new record? The title of this thread might give you a clue.

And yes i've reached a point where if it meant him going i would happily see us finish 17th. Because under a decent manager i'd be confident of building something good again and becoming a competitive team.

Instead i'll have to watch boring football, watch us lose or draw many games and have to read your posts on here telling us to get behind him for the following year.

I'll take short term failure with the promise of change over a guaranteed future of mediocrity.

So who do we bring in given the fact that our annual accounts have just revealed record loses? Is AM to blame for that as well?

I know that barring a takeover it's extremely likely that McLeish will be here next season. However, that doesn't make me any less against him being our manager. The prospect of having to put up with enough season like this fills me with dread. It's not so much that I fear us going down (although I do fear that), it's that I just don't know whether I can bear another season of this low-scoring, boring, negative football that McLeish teams play. Sure results may improve but even if that does happen we'll probably still be boring and negative. **** that.

I know that barring a takeover it's extremely likely that McLeish will be here next season. However, that doesn't make me any less against him being our manager. The prospect of having to put up with enough season like this fills me with dread. It's not so much that I fear us going down (although I do fear that), it's that I just don't know whether I can bear another season of this low-scoring, boring, negative football that McLeish teams play. Sure results may improve but even if that does happen we'll probably still be boring and negative. **** that.

I seem to remember a west brom team playing particularly attractive football, they went down.

Don't get me wrong, i want to be entertained, but firstly I want to win matches, I really couldnt care if we won 1-0 every game as i'd look at the table and couldn't give a shit how we got there.

Whereas if we went all out attack and lost every game 4-3 then we'd go down and i'd be gutted. There's a fine line, I seem to remember MON drawing a lot of games in his first season.

Edit: We drew 17 games under MON in his first season. Was that boring, negative football? I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that MON made us a team that was hard to beat and then built on it. If we equal that this season then at least we'll stay up.

One reason I want him gone is I dread who he will buy in the summer

Given and Keane were very good signings and Hutton is doing well now. Just the Zog signing hasnt really worked out but still early days

Actually I don't think McLeish has a particularly bad record in the transfer market, for either us or Blues. It's how he utilises the signings he makes that worrys me.

I seem to remember a west brom team playing particularly attractive football, they went down.

Don't get me wrong, i want to be entertained, but firstly I want to win matches, I really couldnt care if we won 1-0 every game as i'd look at the table and couldn't give a shit how we got there.

Whereas if we went all out attack and lost every game 4-3 then we'd go down and i'd be gutted. There's a fine line, I seem to remember MON drawing a lot of games in his first season.

Edit: We drew 17 games under MON in his first season. Was that boring, negative football? I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that MON made us a team that was hard to beat and then built on it. If we equal that this season then at least we'll stay up.

Why are you jumping to extremes? I don't want us to go to the complete opposite and start being ridiculous, I just don't want to see us so negative and boring all the time.

Â