The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thing really annoys me

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2012/02/24/n%E2%80%99zogbia-form-still-a-puzzle-for-mcleish/

How is it a puzzle for McLeish that N'Zogbia is not playing to his best.. seemed to be Ok at wigan... But as soon as he starts playing for AM he is rubbish.. Managers are suppose to get the best out of players..Am tactics arn't helping N'Zogbia's form, by pumping it past he wide men and straight onto bent...Yes N'Zogbia should be doing better, but its up to the manager to convince the player of that.. and i think some players have lost Confidence in AM ability to manage this club..

It's only a matter of time until the media begin to question McLeish's managerial ability. I've noticed a lot of pundits and commentators have made a few damning comments on his defensive style and how Villa should not be playing football like they are. I personally reckon it's just a matter of time until the nationwide media join us in our hatred. Tick-tock, Tick-tock.

It really is a shame because he seems like a nice guy Eck. But sadly this is football and he is still on millions of pounds and our squad should be in the top half of the table at least and should be playing good football (sadly we are doing neither of the two).

The other sad thing is even if we win a few of our next few games I have no confidence in him getting our side to play "Good Attractive Football" which we long to see at Villa Park but has been missing for a great many years. Maybe its the defensive set up of teams now which makes such football hard to produce but even if this is the case Eck teams have a reputation for playing "Ugly Stuff" :(

I know this is only a minor point but why do people say he seems like a nice guy?

To be fair I've met him and he is a nice bloke unlike our previous manager. Still needs to be sacked asap though!

Which previous manager(s) had bad personalities?

Houllier, wouldn't say it was a bad personality but he didn't seem to be bothered about interacting with the fans whereas Mcleish was really enthusiastic about it. I may have caught him on an a bad day to be fair though.

A rude Frenchman?! Surely not!?

Maybe I'm just being really harsh here but there are many other things I could mention that I don't like about the manager which have been said but does anyone else really dislike the interviews that are on our website.

Every single one is about 'effort/application/working hard/commitment' etc... all obviously important but what exactly do we do in training? do we engage in anything technical or does he know anything about our players and what they are like with the ball? I'm sure even our better players with the ball, he somehow talks about them in interviews as 'he is working extremely hard in training and that's what he needs to do, work hard. It's important he puts in the effort and shows commitment for this team. Then he will be a real top player for this club. But only if he shows the right application and puts in hard work.' ...great.

Maybe I'm just being really harsh here but there are many other things I could mention that I don't like about the manager which have been said but does anyone else really dislike the interviews that are on our website.

Every single one is about 'effort/application/working hard/commitment' etc... all obviously important but what exactly do we do in training? do we engage in anything technical or does he know anything about our players and what they are like with the ball? I'm sure even our better players with the ball, he somehow talks about them in interviews as 'he is working extremely hard in training and that's what he needs to do, work hard. It's important he puts in the effort and shows commitment for this team. Then he will be a real top player for this club. But only if he shows the right application and puts in hard work.' ...great.

You're not being harsh. Everything's about hard work with him. He's an incredibly backwards manager.

Nope nothing about being harsh.

I doubt they focus on technical ability there was a stat here about N'Zogbia and Ireland (I think) doing more defensive work than offensive work.

It's about getting players behind the ball and defending with McLeish.

......its getting all a bit Billy McNeillish.

I have said this before. Its not good is it :(

Reading Mark Lawrensons match prediction today he has it spot on. He says Villa are not buying into McLeishs defensive approach mainly because we are not very good at the back.

He goes on to say with all our attacking talent why doesnt McLeish let the team of the leash a little bit and go for it as Darren Bent will always get you goals and we have good attacking players.

I think Lawro is a cock but I agree with him totally for once!!!

......its getting all a bit Billy McNeillish.

I have said this before. Its not good is it :(

Reading Mark Lawrensons match prediction today he has it spot on. He says Villa are not buying into McLeishs defensive approach mainly because we are not very good at the back.

He goes on to say with all our attacking talent why doesnt McLeish let the team of the leash a little bit and go for it as Darren Bent will always get you goals and we have good attacking players.

I think Lawro is a cock but I agree with him totally for once!!!

i agree

lawro is a cock

soccer saturday just perfectly summed it up

they talked at a decent length about all our faults, our shit defending, how we cant get nzogbia performing, how we have lost our wing play, how we leave bent isolated, how we play with 9 men behind the ball (im sure merse said and probably with bent playing wide left) how we are losing keane and have lost dunne and if we lose the next 2 games we are right in it, how we should be top 6 but we are lower mid table at best now, how you really cant see where we are trying to go

then they couldnt help themselves, **** merson of all people after his newcastle effort, the fans need to get behind mcleish and forget that he's come from blues

**** OFF

they talked at a decent length about all our faults, our shit defending, how we cant get nzogbia performing, how we have lost our wing play, how we leave bent isolated, how we play with 9 men behind the ball (im sure merse said and probably with bent playing wide left) how we are losing keane and have lost dunne and if we lose the next 2 games we are right in it, how we should be top 6 but we are lower mid table at best now, how you really cant see where we are trying to go

then they couldnt help themselves, **** merson of all people after his newcastle effort, the fans need to get behind mcleish and forget that he's come from blues

**** OFF

Just said exactly the same in the merse thread. They won't say anything against McLeish will they??????

**** OFF

Just said exactly the same in the merse thread. They won't say anything against McLeish will they??????

we should all email to u2us@skysports.com explaining why we all hate Mcleish and point out his dreadful manegerial record and his poor style of football !!!!!!!

Glad it isn't just me - nearly put my fist thru TV after listening to that. Thanks for the link to Sky email, I have sent one.

me too, I listed 9 other reasons why we dont like McLeish :lol:

That was awful to watch and then he brings Heskey on. My stress levels have gone through the roof, I hate seeing something done poorly and being able to do nothing about it. Hes so **** shit, who is going to go watch this next season? Nobody. Its wank.

Bring on the protests.

Â