The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone important at the club wanted to sell him in January then that is scandalous.

Not really. Selling a £20m player and re-investing in other areas of the squad actually makes sense.

If this is true, and I am at the moment undecided whether I believe it or not, then there needs to be an enquiry.

Conducted by who? On who's behalf? The club in owned by one man. It is Randy's to with however he see's fit.

Someone inside is trying to sabotage, and no I am not over reacting.

Yes you are a bit now aren't you?

Not having a dig because the whole thing is clearly bollocks..... but this sort of hysterical overreaction really pisses me off.

How can you come to the conclusion that is bollocks already? It is also out of order to call the other poster a liar. You dont know for certain whether he is lying or not.

Secondly selling Bent would mean selling the only player who consistently provide us with goals, take out Bent from the equation, who else is going to get anywhere near as many goals. Goals, means points, and points is what will keep the club in the division. Without Bent at the club this season I predict the club would be in even deeper shit, probably be on about 20 points.

How can you come to the conclusion that is bollocks already? It is also out of order to call the other poster a liar. You dont know for certain whether he is lying or not.

There is a saying in Belgium (probably); "The burden of proof is on the waffle-maker".

I can quite happily explain how I know he's telling porkies - and I am happy to call him out on that.

I could say that Villa play in black and white. That would make me a liar. Its simple really and far from being out of order.

Villa's owners/board don't say anything. Ever. Strange then don't you think that "someone important" decides to share all about possible transfer policy with some random in the crowd?

Its garbage. Besides who would buy him?

Liverpool already have £50m worth of stike force as do Man Utd,Chelsea and Man City more so. He's not a Wenger type player, because he's bone idle. He's been sold by Spurs and Sunderland...... Newcastle have spent heavily on their forward line.... Everton are skint, Norwich, Swansea couldn't afford him or his wages. Thats 11 PL clubs who won't go near him. Where would he go that wasn't a massive step down?

Relax. Have a drink. He's not going anywhere. :thumb:

Liverpool will sell Suarez if they can get an able replacement and if Bent is told that Plop are interested then off he will go.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should get rid of the blinkers.

If he does go to Plop, at least we know we'll get twice his market value and he'll play like a drain the second he pulls on that red shirt.

:lol:

Eames you say who would buy him. But as Morpheus says, he could quite easily go to Liverpool.

See my reply above..... it wouldn't be a bad thing for the right price..... but I'm far from convinced Suarez will leave. Liverpool have invested too much in him now. He has to succeed there....

If someone important at the club wanted to sell him in January then that is scandalous.

Not really. Selling a £20m player and re-investing in other areas of the squad actually makes sense.

Not when he's so important to the team and definitely not when Alex McLeish is your manager.

If Liverpool were to cut their losses on the Northern oaf in the summer then I think Bent and Suarez would make quite the partnership. In fact I wouldn't rule out a straight swap between Carroll and Bent. Not that I'd be in favour of it in the slightest.

I can quite happily explain how I know he's telling porkies - and I am happy to call him out on that.

I could say that Villa play in black and white. That would make me a liar. Its simple really and far from being out of order.

Villa's owners/board don't say anything. Ever. Strange then don't you think that "someone important" decides to share all about possible transfer policy with some random in the crowd?

Its garbage. Besides who would buy him?

Liverpool already have £50m worth of stike force as do Man Utd,Chelsea and Man City more so. He's not a Wenger type player, because he's bone idle. He's been sold by Spurs and Sunderland...... Newcastle have spent heavily on their forward line.... Everton are skint, Norwich, Swansea couldn't afford him or his wages. Thats 11 PL clubs who won't go near him. Where would he go that wasn't a massive step down?

Relax. Have a drink. He's not going anywhere. :thumb:

You can call me out as a liar, I really don't give a crap. As I said to Mike, I've been posting on here for years and it really would be slightly out of character for me to suddenly burst into bullshit. Why do you think it is some random in the crowd?

Why did we hear nothing from Darren Bent during the transfer window but as soon as it was shut we got one of those lovely powderpuff 'I'm so happy at Villa' pieces up on the website?

Anyway, I've said enough already. I don't want to get anyone into trouble so I'll pipe down and revert to 'non-controversial' mode.

We simply do have the players in the centre of the park to be able to play 4 - 4 - 2

If you mean don't, then I agree with you.

Yeah sorry I meant don't.

From our current squad of players 4-4-2 MIGHT work with Chris Herd being one of the two in the middle, he's the only as far as I can see who can tackle and track back efficiently. Petrov however should be nowhere near the team if we were to play 4-4-2. Our full backs would need to be good offensively and defensively also which, well you know how it is...

------------------- Given ---------------------

---- Hutton -- Cuellar -- Dunne -- Warnock

-- N'Zogbia -- Gardner -- Herd -- Ireland --

-------------- Bent -- Agbonlahor ------------

If we were to play 4-4-2, that would be the best team we would be able to use in my opinion.

On paper the way the formation McLeish picks (the 4-2-3-1) should be the best way for our current set of players to play, he just sends them out with a defensive mentality which quite frankly doesn't even work.

4-2-3-1 is a shit formation and when we come under any pressure it becomes a 4-5-1 and stays that way.

we are 15th in the league, no home win in 7 and failed to in 9 games.

4-4-2 works better for villa, it always has. I think McLeish plays 4-2-3-1 because all the big teams play it and he just follows suit because he hasnt got any **** idea on how to mange a football team. he would be better off stacking shelves in Netto.

Â