The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Well if that was to be the case then there still aren't that many sides who could afford to buy him. His transfer fee would be huge and the sides who could pay that above us don't need him. Maybe someone like QPR who are definitely trying to chage their stars at the moment. Granted they've just bought Zamora & Cisse but I doubt Cisse will be around too much longer.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the powers that be at Liverpool deem it necessary to protect the image of their considerable investment then yes I think Suarez could be sold in the summer to cut the losses for both parties and to protect things like future and current sponsorship.

The matter then becomes what Eck would look for as a transfer fee. But my earlier post was not totally tongue in cheek. I really don't think they'd buy him.

Interesting one this. I know for a fact that Villa wanted to sell Bent in January but were worried about how it would look 'politically' with the fans.

McLeish doesn't think that Gabby and Bent can play together.. and as you can imagine is displeased with Bent's work rate on the pitch. Remember it is all about 'sweating blood' with Alex.

:shock: :shock: :shock: How do you know? Please reveal your source. Selling Bent would possibly be the worst decision the club could make. He is the only jewel in the crown currently at the club.

We simply do have the players in the centre of the park to be able to play 4 - 4 - 2

Not sure I agree.

4-4-2

LW NZog

LM Petrov/Herd/Clarke

RM Ireland/Bannan/Gards

RW Albrighton

In a diamond sort of idea with Ireland in the advanced role and the 2 full backs pushing up.

i think the thing which annoys me most about AMC is that, we have no style of play.

What i mean is, under MON, we were a counter-attacking team. Every team we played we tried to enforce this approach on the opposition with complete disregard to what the other team were doing. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt.

With AMC, we don't seem to have "our" way of playing, everything we do is to counter-act the opposition. Well, it seems that way to me anyway. We never go out and play our game against teams.

We simply do have the players in the centre of the park to be able to play 4 - 4 - 2

If you mean don't, then I agree with you.

Yeah sorry I meant don't.

From our current squad of players 4-4-2 MIGHT work with Chris Herd being one of the two in the middle, he's the only as far as I can see who can tackle and track back efficiently. Petrov however should be nowhere near the team if we were to play 4-4-2. Our full backs would need to be good offensively and defensively also which, well you know how it is...

------------------- Given ---------------------

---- Hutton -- Cuellar -- Dunne -- Warnock

-- N'Zogbia -- Gardner -- Herd -- Ireland --

-------------- Bent -- Agbonlahor ------------

If we were to play 4-4-2, that would be the best team we would be able to use in my opinion.

On paper the way the formation McLeish picks (the 4-2-3-1) should be the best way for our current set of players to play, he just sends them out with a defensive mentality which quite frankly doesn't even work.

I know for a fact that Villa wanted to sell Bent in January but were worried about how it would look 'politically' with the fans.

Can you elaborate?

A friend of mine was chatting with someone important at the FA Cup game with Bristol Rovers and he told him so.

I know for a fact that Villa wanted to sell Bent in January but were worried about how it would look 'politically' with the fans.

Can you elaborate?

A friend of mine was chatting with someone important at the FA Cup game with Bristol Rovers and he told him so.

Let me get this right.

There is a potentially controversial bit of information that the clubs wants to keep from the fans at all costs.

So the club's CEO mentions it to a random fan in the crowd.

R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

When we say "villa" who exactly are we talking about here because there may be differing opinions from different people. Maybe Alex McClown wanted to sell him, but I would guess Randy Lerner and other members of the board realise he is an asset.

In addition to this I think Randy would think, he was only bought one year ago, why sell him so soon. I want a bit more out of my investment before I get rid. Anyway we will see what happens with Bent in summer. I hope he stays, the positives outweigh the negatives.

If you mean don't, then I agree with you.

I agree with you 100%. When we play 4-4-2 (if it were Gabs and Bent) it would look like:

RW -------------- Petrov -- Herd ------------------ LW

--------------------- HUGE GAP ------------------------

------------------- Bent ----- Gab ---------------------

Both of them want to play on the shoulder of the last defender and neither of them have the game to drop deep and link up the two CM'ers. And a midfield duo with Stan in it just doesn't have the energy/legs to plug that gap. This is even more emphasised when we play two wide players.

We need an SI in that huge gap to link the CMers to the striker and the wide players need to also link up better with the striker and come inside a bit more.

It is really difficult in modern football to play with two out and out strikers unless you happen to have a Keane/Scholes or Petit/Viera CM pairing, espeically against the better sides who play three men CM and just pass it around the two.

For me, the Bent and Gabby pairing would be similar to Chelski pairng Torres and Drogba or Arsenal playing Van Persie and, say, Bendtner. They never do and there is a reason for this.

4-4-2 against any side but the weakest will ensure that we get the run around in CM.

Can you elaborate?

Let me get this right.

There is a potentially controversial bit of information that the clubs wants to keep from the fans at all costs.

R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

Not a random fan in the crowd. Believe or don't believe Mike I don't care - but I would just add that I have been posting on here for long enough and know enough about Villatalk 'etiquette' to start bullshitting.

Can you elaborate?

Let me get this right.

R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

What is your frineds name?

Who was the "someone important?"

Why did the "someone important" feel the need to disclose this to your friend? If they were worried about the "political implications" presumably talking to some random in the crowd seems a little out of step?

Do you often just tell lies to make people like you?

I really want to know more information about this Darren Bent thing now. If someone important at the club wanted to sell him in January then that is scandalous. If this is true, and I am at the moment undecided whether I believe it or not, then there needs to be an enquiry. Someone inside is trying to sabotage, and no I am not over reacting.

I guess the truth will come out in the end.

Â