Watches

Risso

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Tell your parents to wise up. It's worth £500 so why are they so worried? a beautiful watch should be worn not hidden. I really like those 60's Omegas, I had one a few years ago very similar to the one you have there.

Aye, I think it's the sentimental value more than financial. Keep meaning to go get it but every time I'm there, I always forget. Will post pics when I finally get my hands on it.

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Aye, I think it's the sentimental value more than financial. Keep meaning to go get it but every time I'm there, I always forget. Will post pics when I finally get my hands on it.

Sentimentality is priceless. So I'd respect that, wear it with that it mind. But still wear it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Picked up a watch I've been after for well over a year this week. What I consider the ultimate sports watch.  Royal Oak "Jumbo", 40th Anniversary Edition. 15202st

20160512_070841.jpg20160512_070841.jpg
nnjuz7.jpg2jbl301.jpgnnjuz7.jpg

Amazing, congratulations.  I've got the white face 41mm chronograph.  The display back on that is amazing though.

I picked up the limited edition Omega Snoopy from my local AD yesterday.  There's only been 15 of them released into the UK so far.  Torn between keeping what is a great watch, and selling it on and instantly making 3 times the RRP.

The snoopy, love that watch. I need a speedy on a brown leather strap. I've cut down to 3 watches. I'm adding the VC Overseas back into the collection as it's a stunner and I just want the trinity of sportswatches. I might sell the Royal Oak Boutique edition (centre), 15400 or possibly go get an aftermarket blue strap for it. I fancy a ROO, the safari.

My 3 atm / upside down

2016_05_12_06_54_00.jpg

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

After 12 months of looking at it online, I finally went for it. 

Not on the same level as some of the high rollers on here, but my first proper watch. 

Sweated a little bit at the till as I was handing the card over, but I'm over the guilt now and I **** love it. 

First day of wear at work and had 5 unsolicited comments on how nice it was. 

Looks even better in the flesh. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Mash

Man’s luxury watch successfully impresses fellow clearings in the woods

24-10-16

A MAN’S ludicrously expensive wristwatch has gained him the respect of other total bellends, he has revealed.

Sales manager Martin Bishop’s £1,400 Diplomat Edition Weisser Aqua-Tech 9 has made him more popular with tedious, materialistic men who also enjoy golf.

Bishop said: “It’s beautifully crafted in chunky, masculine steel with little dials that are hard to see without a magnifying glass but which do important things like telling you the month.

“A guy in the office saw it and straightaway he was telling me about his new BMW and how much his house is worth. I expect it’ll be my turn to talk about myself next time we get chatting.

“Just last week the managing director of Oswestry Guttering Supplies Ltd said ‘nice watch’ and talked to me for ages about immigration.

“It’s like joining a club where everyone respects you and you can say whatever you like, so long as it’s not about books.”

:)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Those look ace.  The digital/quartz watch era of the 70s and 80s nearly did for the Swiss watch industry, and it's really only the last few years that it's started to recover.

• 9 months later...
Â