Watches

Risso

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Still searching for the elusive Rolex GMT/Submariner.....

Ive been in China and asked in numerous stores and cities and just a straight no....also Dubai Airport and a straight no.

Its bonkers.....

As an aside has anybody used Chrono24 and actually made a purchase?

How legit are they. Genuine watches/dealers.......if i buy can i get a full refund if it goes wrong?

How about a used one? These guys get good reviews

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/rolex-watches/submariner/

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

One of my mates I went on holiday with was hoping to pick up a couple of Rolex watches in either Hong Kong or Macau (loads of ADs there) He was after a Sky Dweller and a GMT Master II (ideally the 2018 SS on a jubilee). No chance! Seems to be a worldwide shortage of the SS sports watches. Only things available were Datejusts or models in precious metals. 

Crazy how much of a shortage there is 

On 25/11/2018 at 17:18, Xela said:

One of my mates I went on holiday with was hoping to pick up a couple of Rolex watches in either Hong Kong or Macau (loads of ADs there) He was after a Sky Dweller and a GMT Master II (ideally the 2018 SS on a jubilee). No chance! Seems to be a worldwide shortage of the SS sports watches. Only things available were Datejusts or models in precious metals. 

Crazy how much of a shortage there is

You have got zero chance of getting the GMT master II now unless you want to pay silly money. All Rolex sports watches are either 12-24 month wait lists or no chance at all

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

You have got zero chance of getting the GMT master II now unless you want to pay silly money. All Rolex sports watches are either 12-24 month wait lists or no chance at all

The BLNR (Batman) and BLRO (Pepsi) for sure, but you can get a steel, black GMT Master II within a few weeks now (certainly here in Dubai).

I checked in with the boutique in the Mall of Emirates a couple of weeks ago and got lucky - managed to pickup a black Submariner (no date) that had just come in. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

The BLNR (Batman) and BLRO (Pepsi) for sure, but you can get a steel, black GMT Master II within a few weeks now (certainly here in Dubai).

I checked in with the boutique in the Mall of Emirates a couple of weeks ago and got lucky - managed to pickup a black Submariner (no date) that had just come in. 

12 month waitlist for a submariner in the UK. Longer for GMTII. 

That's with watches of Switzerland.  I was in there two weeks ago looking about.

I already have 3 rolex watches. I have the GMTII , the green sub and an explorer.

Happy with my collection so far. Rolex keep your paperwork for 12 months now in the UK so you can't sell them for a quick profit. 

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Rolex keep your paperwork for 12 months now in the UK so you can't sell them for a quick profit. 

Surely if it's your's then you can do what the feck you want with it ? 

I admit this Rolex/Tag/Omega subject is a million miles away for me in my world of finance. Is it a condition of sale that puts you in their bad books if you sell on for a profit ? Genuine question here.

11 minutes ago, KHV said:

12 month waitlist for a submariner in the UK. Longer for GMTII. 

That's with watches of Switzerland.  I was in there two weeks ago looking about.

I already have 3 rolex watches. I have the GMTII , the green sub and an explorer.

Happy with my collection so far. Rolex keep your paperwork for 12 months now in the UK so you can't sell them for a quick profit. 

Nice collection! What's next?

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Surely if it's your's then you can do what the feck you want with it ? 

I admit this Rolex/Tag/Omega subject is a million miles away for me in my world of finance. Is it a condition of sale that puts you in their bad books if you sell on for a profit ? Genuine question here.

I think they are just trying to control the used market. If people could sell straight away then it would push the used prices up even further. An 18 month old Rolex can sell for 50% more than new price. Mental!

By keeping the papers and box for 12 months, it destroys the used value as after all, who would pay £15k for a watch with no box or certificate of authenticity! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

On the waitlist for the Pepsi but not holding my breathe 

On the jubilee? Noice! That's what my mate was after - he has three as well.. a SS Daytona, a SS and Gold Sub (black bezel) and a Datejust

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I think they are just trying to control the used market. If people could sell straight away then it would push the used prices up even further. An 18 month old Rolex can sell for 50% more than new price. Mental!

By keeping the papers and box for 12 months, it destroys the used value as after all, who would pay £15k for a watch with no box or certificate of authenticity! 

I haven't worn any of mine. They are still in the boxes in a safe. All investments, I don't have the balls to wear them out

5 hours ago, Xela said:

So, you dont get the box,  but possibly a temporary box to take it home in ? Like you say - mental !

19 hours ago, KHV said:

I haven't worn any of mine. They are still in the boxes in a safe. All investments, I don't have the balls to wear them out

Interesting. I guess its a different form of investing! 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:57, imavillan said:

Still searching for the elusive Rolex GMT/Submariner.....

Ive been in China and asked in numerous stores and cities and just a straight no....also Dubai Airport and a straight no.

Its bonkers.....

As an aside has anybody used Chrono24 and actually made a purchase?

How legit are they. Genuine watches/dealers.......if i buy can i get a full refund if it goes wrong?

I used them to buy my Omega from a dealer in Monaco (Tax free 😉) sales was perfect and in good time. Must admit I was a little nervous spending that sort of money over the web but all went well. I do not have any experience of returns so cannot comment.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Picked up a couple of new pieces over the last couple of months, and thought I'd get winder. Not sure yet if it's something that will get continued use once the novelty wears off, but lets see.

IMG_20181206_201211.jpg

The new pieces are the Patek Aquanaut 5167A, and the Sub C (No Date). Didn't plan on the Sub but the local boutique had one in and, with the scarcity of SS Professional models globally, I thought I'd take it. Not the one I wanted initially, but I actually love it now. Without the date and 'cyclops', I think it has a very clean and symmetrical look. 

Got the Aquanaut from a grey dealer at a premium, but no chance of getting one from the boutiques anytime soon.

**hate the Photobucket branding all over the pics - dicks**

On 28/11/2018 at 18:01, Xela said:

It's not the box they're keeping, it's just the credit card sized guarantee card.  There's no way they'd get away with not handing over the box, as that's what keeps the watch in good nick.  I've had the card retained for one of mine.  It's no big deal, because as rare as it is, it just means that I have to keep it for 12 months before selling it, or if I did want to flog it, I'd just show the buyer the written letter from the AD saying that they had the guarantee card.  I'd then give them the card when I get it back.  

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Picked up a couple of new pieces over the last couple of months, and thought I'd get winder. Not sure yet if it's something that will get continued use once the novelty wears off, but lets see.

IMG_20181206_201211.jpg

The new pieces are the Patek Aquanaut 5167A, and the Sub C (No Date). Didn't plan on the Sub but the local boutique had one in and, with the scarcity of SS Professional models globally, I thought I'd take it. Not the one I wanted initially, but I actually love it now. Without the date and 'cyclops', I think it has a very clean and symmetrical look. 

Got the Aquanaut from a grey dealer at a premium, but no chance of getting one from the boutiques anytime soon.

**hate the Photobucket branding all over the pics - dicks**

Love the Patek and the Sub, you did very well to get those two.  The Aquanaut is a brilliant watch, wouldn't mind one myself.  

Picked up a new very limited edition Sub today, the 116659 SABR.  It's a bit ridiculous, and I have no intention of ever wearing it, but it's already going for about 50% more than what I paid for it today, so in common with all of the hard-to-get Rolexes, a brilliant investment.  And they didn't kidnap the guarantee card on this one, so I could flog it straight away no problem.  Also got given a load of extra freebies, like a golf umbrella, a watch travel case and a leather wallet.

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

Love the Patek and the Sub, you did very well to get those two.  The Aquanaut is a brilliant watch, wouldn't mind one myself.  

Picked up a new very limited edition Sub today, the 116659 SABR.  It's a bit ridiculous, and I have no intention of ever wearing it, but it's already going for about 50% more than what I paid for it today, so in common with all of the hard-to-get Rolexes, a brilliant investment.  And they didn't kidnap the guarantee card on this one, so I could flog it straight away no problem.  Also got given a load of extra freebies, like a golf umbrella, a watch travel case and a leather wallet.

Holy shit, that is an amazing pick-up! Agreed, a fantastic investment and such a rare watch. Did you get it from an AD, or from a broker?

Paid a fair bit over list for the Patek by going grey, but really happy with it. I've already found that scratches very easily however, so it's not my daily beater. The Sub is perfect for that, so very much a case of visiting the right boutique at the right time. I've gone full need and got hold of the Rolex Magazine issue 6, just as it has the same watch on the cover.

I'm on the list for a BLNR GMT Master II but still no idea when that will arrive, but am considering a TT steel / gold GMT in the new year as a healthy discount can still be had. Not a huge fan of yellow gold, but tried it on and liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

31 minutes ago, Risso said:

Just re-read and can see that you got it from Rolex.

Â