Watches

Risso

The Bremont issue this week has been fun to observe.  In short, they released a new watch which they claimed contained their first "in house" movement.  It had no such thing, which prompted a hilariously bad (imho) back tracking video on Youtube.  I'd rather buy a Sekonda Seksi watch than a Bremont, to be honest.

Didn't Tagheuer do the same?

The Bremont issue this week has been fun to observe. In short, they released a new watch which they claimed contained their first "in house" movement. It had no such thing, which prompted a hilariously bad (imho) back tracking video on Youtube. I'd rather buy a Sekonda Seksi watch than a Bremont, to be honest.

Didn't Tagheuer do the same?

Yep, bought a movement from Seiko. Pretending it was in house named it 1885 or something. People found out easily by basically disassemble of the movement. Hilarious statement from the CEO.

Only vintage Heuer would I buy. One of the Monaco Steve McQueen.

Anyway, while I eat my sushi. I visited Vacheron Constantin Boutique on Bond Street just there. Exceptionally nice people. Looked at everything and I'm really taken by the Dual Time. It looks superb in the leather strap.

The Overseas Chronograph is just a tad too bulky imo. Shave 2mm off the case thickness and you're golden. I think black dial looks the best of the Chronos.

While I've no love for the 41 mm royal Oak. Had a look at that after Vacheron.

On a side note. The American 1921, I will own that at some point. What a truly unique and beautiful thing that is.

Anyway, while I eat my sushi. I visited Vacheron Constantin Boutique on Bond Street just there. Exceptionally nice people. Looked at everything and I'm really taken by the Dual Time. It looks superb in the leather strap.

The Overseas Chronograph is just a tad too bulky imo. Shave 2mm off the case thickness and you're golden. I think black dial looks the best of the Chronos.

While I've no love for the 41 mm royal Oak. Had a look at that after Vacheron.

On a side note. The American 1921, I will own that at some point. What a truly unique and beautiful thing that is.

I thought the dual time and the chronograph were in exactly the same size case?  I tried the blue dial one on in Wempe and it looked amazing.

Yes same case size but dual time is stainless steel and titanium and on leather strap. Chrono is on bracelet and the bracelet is thick, so overall it's a shade bigger than my perfect size (6.75 wrists). 

I'll enjoy the Dual Time and get an OS Chrono somewhere down the line. 39mm blue dial Royal Oak is next on hit list, or possibly the rose gold if I am offered a good contract and take the job with this new consultancy. 

Edited by CVByrne

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen or considered buying a Slow Watch. I have been thinking about it and just wondered if anyone had experience of them as it's an unusual concept 

I like the concept but think realistically you will just squint at your watch to see what the exact time is anyway

Edited by zak

Can someone give their opinion on the Parmigiani watch donated to Greg Dyke?

It was a special edition Pershing:

http://blog.parmigiani.ch/content/beat-goes-pershing-cbf

Not nearly as bad as the Hublot monstrosity that was part designed by erm, Roy Hodgson's son, but I'm not a fan of sports/watch tie-ins in general.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Â