Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not a fan.

Played well against a poor midfield, last year Pires looked like Iniesta vs them. Come up against a decent team before we can judge him

Wolves should offer a better test of the Stan / Delph combo, as it will all areas of the pitch, Dunne needs to get Doyle in his BP, Young needs to nobble Jarvis early doors and Bent needs to free himself from Johnsons shackles

Still not a fan.

Played well against a poor midfield, last year Pires looked like Iniesta vs them. Come up against a decent team before we can judge him

Wolves should offer a better test of the Stan / Delph combo, as it will all areas of the pitch, Dunne needs to get Doyle in his BP, Young needs to nobble Jarvis early doors and Bent needs to free himself from Johnsons shackles

Wolves will offer a real stern test. Basically Delph has to do all the running around and Stan does what he does and is captain.

That last bit isnt a great slight on Petrov. It was disappointing to read a well known poster slate Makoun in last season's wolves game for not standing up for himself when in actual fact he did and gave Henry as good as he gave. However Jean Deaux has problems and the best thing for him is away probably.

Stan cant really run anymore and if there's one thing you need to do in the prem its run. I think Big Eck will play three across the middle to help out. I'd play Gary Gardner in a 442 with Stan, Delph and Albrighton as the one wide man.

Bloody hell that's sickening.

Yeah, dreadful that one of our better players is still under contract to us.

Don't forget a good captain, good influence in the dressing room and good influence on the young players.

Yeah we need players like him out the club as quick as possible.

Bloody hell that's sickening.

Yeah, dreadful that one of our better players is still under contract to us.

Nice one.

Hardly shocking that one of our most consistant performers, one of the first names on the team sheet and our Captain who is having a very positive influence on the younger players has a couple of years left on his contract. When it ends he will be 33/34. I'd be worried if he had less than a year remaining as he will definately be a major player for us this season and still have a big role to play for us next.

I´ve got no real beef with him starting every week if he puts in performances like yesterday, although I still have doubts about his ability to last for the full 90 minutes.

Of course I´d replace him if we could find better, but surely that would go for the majority of the squad.

I do wish at times that he was a bit more positive with the ball when in possession, but a player with his experience is vital when you look at how many young midfielders we have in our squad.

Petrov is a top class player. The fans that slag him off are neadertholic morons who dont understand football. He was absolutely top drawer yesterday - the critcism he gets is completely unjust - his villa career has been slightly overshadowed by this scapegoat tag he has amongst some fans

Â