Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

hate these Petrov vs NRC debates. Both are crap and i miss teh days of good centre midfielders like Barry and Milner

Both played along side Petrov and neither have reach the level of consistently good performances for their new employers - maybe just maybe it was Petrov doing all the unpleasant things that allowed these two to play to their full potential.

this-is-your-brain-on-drugs-2977.jpg

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate these Petrov vs NRC debates. Both are crap and i miss teh days of good centre midfielders like Barry and Milner

Both played along side Petrov and neither have reach the level of consistently good performances for their new employers - maybe just maybe it was Petrov doing all the unpleasant things that allowed these two to play to their full potential.

this-is-your-brain-on-drugs-2977.jpg

:lol::lol:

I don't rate Petrov at all BUT if he could recapture his Celtic form or the form that he showed in his first game for us at Wet Spam, no-one would be happier than me.

How anybody can compare him (in his time at Villa Park) to either Milner or Barry is just beyond me though.

I don't rate Petrov at all BUT if he could recapture his Celtic form or the form that he showed in his first game for us at Wet Spam, no-one would be happier than me.

How anybody can compare him (in his time at Villa Park) to either Milner or Barry is just beyond me though.

He was an attacking midfielder at Celtic. Thats still an option for us, if we can find the right blend in the middle. But i guess time has just moved on.

He has, just in another position. We thought we'd get a new Merson or something like that, but he turned out to suit better as a defensive midfielder in the PL. And as such he's been great.

Sometimes I wonder if people realises how important he's been for us the last 3-4 years. The season when we had the best defence up untill we played away to Chelsea he was very influential in helping the defenders to clean up in front of them.

He was an attacking midfielder at Celtic. Thats still an option for us, if we can find the right blend in the middle. But i guess time has just moved on.

No he was woeful in that position for us too slow of foot and mind to play in Premier LEague compared ot other PL attacking midfielders

Good grief ... that was FIVE years ago if not longer.

Are you really still waiting for him to play like that again ?

Best midfielder in our squad. Had a great match Saturday.

Has really been one of MON's best purchases. The fan's rate him too, which they showed the seaspn when they voted him our best player.

a) It isnt hard to be one of MON's best purchases. I present to you:

Harewood

Davies

Salifou

Routledge

Heskey

Maloney

etc. etc.

B) Yes, we did vote him player of the season....2 years ago was that now?

He is past it. He is slow, cumbersome and cant last 60 mins +. We should be looking to replace this has been as soon as possible.

Has really been one of MON's best purchases. The fan's rate him too, which they showed the seaspn when they voted him our best player.

a) It isnt hard to be one of MON's best purchases.

Well, I did not intend to start a discussion on MON's qualifiactions in the transfer market.

By saying so, I just put him in the same bracket as:

Downing, A. Young, Friedel, Milner, Carew

He is past it. He is slow, cumbersome and cant last 60 mins +. We should be looking to replace this has been as soon as possible.

We will see. Two great matches against Fulham and Blackburn makes me think he has yet another good and solid season ahead of him.

Time will tell.

But I think he will be one of our best this season.

Let's all hope he has a great season. Good start so far.

We will see. Two great matches against Fulham and Blackburn makes me think he has yet another good and solid season ahead of him.

Time will tell.

But I think he will be one of our best this season.

Let's all hope he has a great season. Good start so far.

I went to the Fulham game. Describing Petrov's performance as great in that game really is pushing it, even for the most ardent Stan fan. I would have put him as our weakest link in that game with Delph massively outshining him.

Only saw the highlights for the Blackburn game but, as I understand it, it was classic Stan - good for the first half (against a poor Blackburn midfield) but faded out second half until Bannan came on to give us an extra body in there.

If he is one of our best this season we will be in trouble IMO. I couldn't imagine any other PL team - certainly not one of our supposed competitors - wanting Stan for their first XI whereas I think Everton, Sunderland, Fulham etc. would all jump at NZogbia and Delph.

People with an agenda see what they choose to see and ignore the rest.......

Thankfully people in the game, ie managers at both club and international level whose reputation depends upon their judgement of a player, seem to hold Stan in high regard.

A humble man and a clever footballer. I'm more than happy he's our club captain and first name on the teamsheet.

Let the haters hate....

Its opinions like this that sum up Petrov for me, every now and again he will pull out a performance that makes you think we really have a special player on our hands.

This makes the disappointment even greater when for the next few games he will revert to his 'safe' mode of backwards and sideways passing, when never wanting to be seen losing the ball takes over his his entire game. He has the game to be far more than just a destructive defensive player.

He never really has a bad game though, and is still our best link player, but its just such a shame that he could be so much more if the more cavalier player made an appearance more often.

Â