Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best midfielder in our squad. Had a great match Saturday

I thought Delph got man ofthe match?? :confused:

Yes. Delph was rightly MOM.

I said best midfielder in our squad

Why confused?

Considering Delph is a midfielder, I understand the confusion.

Best midfielder in our squad. Had a great match Saturday

I thought Delph got man ofthe match?? :confused:

Yes. Delph was rightly MOM.

I said best midfielder in our squad

Why confused?

Considering Delph is a midfielder, I understand the confusion.

Hmmm, now I start to understand why even the simple things discussed at Villatalk end up with a heavy discussion.

I really can not see how anyone can not see the difference between best player in one of our 38 matches and the best midfielder overall in our team.

But we are a bit off topic now.

As I said before: It will be interesting to see if Petrov can be as good as I hope this season.

This is the Problem with Petrov. He has one half decent game for the first time in god knows how long and next thing you know hes suddenly 'the best midfielder in our squad'

I hope he can keep up this bit of form he seems to have found, but hes far from our best midfielder

This is the Problem with Petrov. He has one half decent game for the first time in god knows how long and next thing you know hes suddenly 'the best midfielder in our squad'

Surely that's a problem with certain fans on VT and not actually a problem with petrov.

People with an (word filter please don't use this term- the mods) see what they choose to see and ignore the rest.......

Thankfully people in the game, ie managers at both club and international level whose reputation depends upon their judgement of a player, seem to hold Stan in high regard.

A humble man and a clever footballer. I'm more than happy he's our club captain and first name on the teamsheet.

Let the haters hate....

I could accuse you of the same?

No-one hates Petrov. I would sell him tomorrow but not because I hate him. I just think he doesn't have the energy/stamina to play in the engine room of a top half Premier League team. He does seem like a genuinely decent human being but that doesn't mean to say he should be our club captain.

I would love those that support Petrov as our supposed best midfielder, captain and all around good egg to explain why he is viewed in such a way with a convincing argument rather than trotting out the POTS from a few years back (when no-one else really stood out that season and fans were too p'd off with Barry to give it to him) and just dismissing anyone with a counterview as an idiot. Can't see this happening though.

(word filter please don't use this term- the mods) is on the word filter?!????! Christ on a bike!

Ooohhh, I'm intrigued. But reading the post in context the only word that would make sense is "agenda"? :?:

Bloody hell! That's ludicrous. :lol:

Anywho... Mortimer's talking out of his arsehole.

I just think he doesn't have the energy/stamina to play in the engine room of a top half Premier League team.

You've been saying this for a long time and yet he's a key player in our team and only once have we not finished in the top half with petrov in cm.

One of those years was also one of the best seasons we've had for a long time and he was an ever present and captain of that team.

I would love those that support Petrov as our supposed best midfielder, captain and all around good egg to explain why he is viewed in such a way with a convincing argument rather than trotting out the POTS from a few years back (when no-one else really stood out that season and fans were too p'd off with Barry to give it to him) and just dismissing anyone with a counterview as an idiot. Can't see this happening though.

Stats, league finishes and results show that petrov has done well in this team. Comments from players including young players show his influence in the dressing room.

I think it should be people like you who need to put forward this convincing argument to prove their point because the digs at petrov usually ignore most statistical evidence and are just based soley on the negative opinions of certain individuals.

It's not exactly a sane one either

Looking at our (weak) midfield options currently I'm not sure how it is insane to say Petrov is our best midfield player.

Delph is probably the only debate IMO and he is very much in the early stages (after injury) here. Also Makoun hasn't proved anything yet either (see also Bannan).

Unless of course we are counting N'Zogbia in this debate as well, I was thinking more central options.

I don't see a better one.

Delph clealy has the potential but it's no guarantee he'll develop into top class.

Bannan is the same.

Ireland has proved he can be excellent at premier league level but needs to show he can perform to that standard again.

Makoun has performed well in France and champs league but not sure he's good enough for the premier league and after being dropped last year doesn't look like getting a chance in the prem and young kids seem ahead of him.

Petrov is an established senior player.. I do not seen him as our best midfield player at all, I rate Delph higher at this current stage and Delph also has the potential to improve more whilst Petrov will just get worse as years go on.

Petrov of 3-4 years ago maybe was our best midfielder (even then Milner, Barry etc were far far better) but now he is far from our best and Delph has the energy to last 90 minutes whilst Petrov doesn't.

Yes and I have given my reasons above.. he is not our best midfielder at all, Delph has the current attributes along with potential alongside him which Petrov doesn't have.

and fyi it isn't just 2 matches I am basing this on.

Eck might use him more, but with the options we have (bunch of kids and 1 ageing midfielder) it's not really a shock.

If we still had Barry or Milner I am 100% sure Eck would drop Petrov for either of them and play Delph alongside them.

Eck might use him more, but with the options we have (bunch of kids and 1 aging midfielder) it's not really a shock.

If we still had Barry or Milner I am 100% sure Eck would drop Petrov for either of them and play Delph alongside them.

Knocking the quality of other current midfield players and pointing out 2 ex players doesn't really add anything to your argument that he isn't the best midfield player in THIS squad.

Â