Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

Still has a huge part to play for us, especially with the lack of signings.

Never really understood the criticism he gets.

I agree he tends to tire late on, but as long as McLeish is willing to sub him if/when this happens, I dont see why he shouldn't be a major player for us this season.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrov is a top class player. The fans that slag him off are neadertholic morons who dont understand football. He was absolutely top drawer yesterday - the critcism he gets is completely unjust - his villa career has been slightly overshadowed by this scapegoat tag he has amongst some fans

:clap:

I've just seen an off topic post in the Makoun topic that claims he disappeared after an hour as usual. Well he can keep disappearing after that hour as long as he keeps getting assists once he's disappeared.

Petrov is a top class player. The fans that slag him off are neadertholic morons who dont understand football. He was absolutely top drawer yesterday - the critcism he gets is completely unjust - his villa career has been slightly overshadowed by this scapegoat tag he has amongst some fans

I've just seen an off topic post in the Makoun topic that claims he disappeared after an hour as usual. Well he can keep disappearing after that hour as long as he keeps getting assists once he's disappeared.

And blocking shots destined for the net in the 91st minute :D

'assist' ...lol. Yes I know, it's technically assist but like the Walker one, bit weak.

His pass for the first goal is more of an assist to me! hopefully keep playing passes like that.

I slate him off and i think i know a fair bit about football.

yesterday was an easy game.

Were you at the Fulham game? He was poor, no forward movement at all. He plays TOO safe and for a CM he doesnt chip in with goals either.

Towards the end of last season Petrov was shot, he couldnt last a game. The amount of time he is caught in no mans land on the defensive was enough to convince me he should be dropped.

He probably is a really nice guy and great influence in the changing room and in training, but so is Heskey, and i dont think there is a place in the team for him either.

yesterday was an easy game.

Were you at the Fulham game? He was poor, no forward movement at all. He plays TOO safe and for a CM he doesnt chip in with goals either.

Towards the end of last season Petrov was shot, he couldnt last a game. The amount of time he is caught in no mans land on the defensive was enough to convince me he should be dropped.

He probably is a really nice guy and great influence in the changing room and in training, but so is Heskey, and i dont think there is a place in the team for him either.

Not worried about the lack of goals. He just doesn't have the legs to track runners and this is crucial for an essentially DCM IMO.

You do? Then you don't.

football is all about opinions. Dont have to be a snob and belittle somebody elses opinion of football

Spot on Zatman. I have never seen a really persuasive argument from a Petrov "supporter" and supposedly knowledgeable football fan as to why he is so great. All I ever see is comments that say those that don't recognise this are morons.

Petrov in great performance at home against nailed-on cert team to get relegated shocker.

Bit early for me to change my opinion that he can't cut it against the majority of teams in this league.

:clap: That sums things up nicely. Spot on.

And what if they don't?

Petrov isn't the player that runs around and do tricks and all that. He's one to keep possession and to cover up areas when the opposition has the possession. He links very well with the defence and helps them out. He's a very intelligent player and a good leader. Not the optimal leader, but a good one.

Is he not now on two yellows after two games? If so it shows commitment, and the ability to get stuck in. On the other hand some would suggest it shows he`s too slow.....

SDtill, agree with Pelle`s post, and also see him as a strong central link.

Im afraid im with KiwiVillain on this one.

He was average against fulham and Decent against the worst side in the Division....

Id love to have someone other than Petrov alongside Delph. Id have NRC back in a shot if possible. I wasnt his biggest fan but could see the energy and stamina he brought to our midfield. All I see from Petrov is hot air and him shouting at other players. The sooner this player is out of our team, the better. I think we would see a major difference to our team with a genuine ball winner in there. I'd love Parker but not sure we can afford him at this moment in time.

Apparently he is a 'great leader' though..

Â