The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Personally don’t think he was suited to English football.

It was a comedy of errors from the club, not just Sherwood. Veretout didn’t help himself either.

Just hope we have a good sell on clause  

At that specific point in time yes, however under a more competent manager and coaching team he would have got both the physical development he needed and some confidence to play his game. He got neither of that and thus failed. never had a chance really.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

At that specific point in time yes, however under a more competent manager and coaching team he would have got both the physical development he needed and some confidence to play his game. He got neither of that and thus failed. never had a chance really.

Good Lord we have been run by some absolute morons for so long. Lerner, Fox, Sherwood, that ginger who's name I can't remember that used to answer the phones at Master-card.

I honestly think that a consortium of VT posters could have run the club better since 2009/2010.

Edited by TheAuthority

On 05/06/2018 at 14:04, TheAuthority said:

I honestly think that a consortium of VT posters could have run the club better since 2009/2010.

That would depend very much on _which_ VT posters were in that consortium. I can think of a few nightmare combinations ?

18 hours ago, MrDuck said:

That would depend very much on _which_ VT posters were in that consortium. I can think of a few nightmare combinations ?

Bannan and Bacuna launching hollywood balls in the direction of Libor Kozak, while Usain Bolt waits on the bench. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bannan and Bacuna launching hollywood balls in the direction of Libor Kozak, while Usain Bolt waits on the bench. 

Ethan Moore and Carles Gil living off them knockdowns ;)

Graham Burke signing for PNE.

Surprised me even though they've done great with league of Ireland signings in last 18 months. He didn't do much at Notts County after he left us.

Scored from a yard out on his ROI debut on Saturday.

He has been banging them in League of Ireland though most of them have been screamers. Horgan and Maguire have been bargains for them, Andy Boyle not so much

They have taken over from Reading as the team that raids League of Ireland

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Graham Burke signing for PNE.

Surprised me even though they've done great with league of Ireland signings in last 18 months. He didn't do much at Notts County after he left us.

Scored from a yard out on his ROI debut on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has been banging them in League of Ireland though most of them have been screamers. Horgan and Maguire have been bargains for them, Andy Boyle not so much

They have taken over from Reading as the team that raids League of Ireland

€300,000, you could buy 50 Graham Burkes for the transfer fee of Ross McCormack/Scott Hogan. Can't imagine wages would be big either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44561630

Newcastle United defender Ciaran Clark has been attacked in a Spanish bar, police have confirmed.

A British man in his 30s was arrested after punching the footballer at Crystal's Bar in Punta Ballena, Magaluf, at about 02:00 BST on Sunday.

Clark was left unconscious and taken to hospital after an argument between him and the suspect broke out on the dance floor.

The 28-year-old suffered cuts and bruises to his face.

The suspect has since been charged with criminal injuries and released.

Clark, who previously played for Aston Villa and has 29 caps for the Republic of Ireland, was taken to Son Espases hospital in Palma, but it is not known if he has been discharged.

Why would a grown ass man (especially a filthy rich one) go to Magaluf?

I thought only 16 y.o kids went there :D

Dare to dream bigger bro.

Hope he's OK thou.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope he's OK thou.

I was thinking the same. Millionaire premier league footballer in a Magaluf chav bar. Was never likely to end well.

• Like 2

On 21/06/2018 at 12:07, sne said:

Hope he's OK thou.

I could understand it if he went there with 20 mates or something as he may not want to big it up over them. Turns out he was there with his missus! 

C'mon son! You can afford to stretch to Marbella surely!

Â