Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 21/12/2016 at 20:22, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Gardner is far from an average player, when he was younger he was mentioned and played in the same England youth side as Shelvey and Wilshere. Those 2 are full England internationals now, Gardner has had 2 career threatening injuries but has bounced back terrifically :)

Lowton is far from average, he is playing well for Burnley in the Premier League now, that goal v Stoke was amazing 

...but why is it always "when he was younger."

The world is full of people who could have been contenders, but never were.Stefan Moore playing against Rooney in the youth cup final. Is he going to be making a comeback?

This is now, and I would say he is at best average, and at worst crap. He is 24 now, not many 24 year olds putting in performances like Gardner has go on to be PL footballers.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...but why is it always "when he was younger."

The world is full of people who could have been contenders, but never were.Stefan Moore playing against Rooney in the youth cup final. Is he going to be making a comeback?

This is now, and I would say he is at best average, and at worst crap. He is 24 now, not many 24 year olds putting in performances like Gardner has go on to be PL footballers.

Not every 24 year old is Gary Gardner, he's outstanding, if he wasn't then the club wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract. In my opinion, he will thrive here in the coming years :) it all about the here and now and the future and the past cannot be changed. The football club clearly believe in him and I trust them

A new 4 year contract for a player that can't establish himself in the team ahead of Westwood.. and here I thought we were about to splash the cash on a completely new midfield in the window..

In the summer I was actually looking forward to Gardner establishing himself in the team this season and finally show his promise, but ive been very disappointed so far by his performances. Don't think he's deserved a new contract but can only hope he still comes good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Offer him a new deal, but 4 years? Absolute madness have they not learned anything from the gabby farce? 

Maybe the club are trying to guarantee a decent fee if someone comes in for him. 

Forest could be looking for a Lansbury replacement if rumours are to be believed. (Not saying Gardner will be sold this window but if we get promoted then maybe in the summer)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Offer him a new deal, but 4 years? Absolute madness have they not learned anything from the gabby farce? 

Maybe the club are trying to guarantee a decent fee if someone comes in for him. 

Forest could be looking for a Lansbury replacement if rumours are to be believed. (Not saying Gardner will be sold this window but if we get promoted then maybe in the summer)

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not every 24 year old is Gary Gardner, he's outstanding, if he wasn't then the club wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract. 

Is this a deliberate, world-class example of circular logic?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Surprised at the four year deal but hope he proves his doubters wrong and shows the talent he had in his earlier years.

Got it all to do but hopefully he will make it.

Can you or anyone define this term 'make it'? Now, it's banded about a lot in football, particularly in football but what does it actually mean? Had Marc Albrighton or Ciaran Clark made it or have they made it now they have left and seemingly gone on to better things? I'm intrigued I really am, answers on a postcard please

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

When I said "make it" I was referring to fulfilling of potential.

When I see Gardner playing at the moment I don't see the player many hoped for or even expected. 

That's not to say he won't improve as IMO we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Thanks Brumstopdogs, I just need reminding from time to time, I think you are correct :)

Â