Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

5 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

When was our last goal scoring midfielder? Platt?

When I see SGC suggesting his forte is arriving late in the box a goalscoring midfielder it's hard for me not to immediately think of Platt. If he is even half the player Platt was, we need to see it.

5 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

When was our last goal scoring midfielder? Platt? 

Ian Taylor and Gareth Barry could always be relied on for goals from midfield, although nowhere near as prolific as Platt, who remains my favourite Villa player of all time

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Cloud cuckoo land.

It's very difficult to take anything you say regarding players seriously when you write drivel like this. 

You're basing your opinion of him being outstanding on more meaningless youth team form and a single good goal.... adding some belief that he's some magician who arrives in the box late like nobody else. It's madness.

Tell me. Have you ever seen Simon cox scoring that worldie I think for Swindon? Is he outstanding too?

I think Simon Cox is a very good striker, do you? I've always admired albeit from a distance, Yes I have see that goal, have you? What do you think of him? 

Gary Gardner always arrives late in the box like Steven Gerrard used to do for Liverpool, why is it madness? 

Gary Gardner is the future of this football club, that's why he's been given a new 4 year contract, much to your dismay obviously but not mine, far from it :)

39 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

When I see SGC suggesting his forte is arriving late in the box a goalscoring midfielder it's hard for me not to immediately think of Platt. If he is even half the player Platt was, we need to see it.

I never saw Platt for us, I am 25 years old, I wish I did, he left Villa the year I was born

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Simon Cox is a very good striker, do you? I've always admired albeit from a distance, Yes I have see that goal, have you? What do you think of him? 

Gary Gardner always arrives late in the box like Steven Gerrard used to do for Liverpool, why is it madness? 

Gary Gardner is the future of this football club, that's why he's been given a new 4 year contract, much to your dismay obviously but not mine, far from it :)

Obvious winde up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I never saw Platt for us, I am 25 years old, I wish I did, he left Villa the year I was born

Please never look back at any old footage of Platt mate, if you think Gardner is outstanding the ordeal would make your head explode ;)

God help us then.

• Like 3

Scored more goals from midfield than most of our strikers over the years....albeit some could say it was more of an advanced midfield position.

His forte was reading the game arriving fractionaly late and wham bam thank you mam.

ironically came from Crewe to us,same as Westwood.

£250'000......those halcyon days.

when you get the fans singing platt is better than Gascoigne when playing Spurs at home.....gives you some idea of the talent we had then.

......not to forget the desire, to make it all work.

ps I really love you're enthusiasm, I really do.....if only you had of been around when some our top players were around like macca, little, Shawey and Morley etc.....you would have jizzed your pants.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Scored more goals from midfield than most of our strikers over the years....albeit some could say it was more of an advanced midfield position.

His forte was reading the game arriving fractionaly late and wham bam thank you mam.

ironically came from Crewe to us,same as Westwood.

£250'000......those halcyon days.

when you get the fans singing platt is better than Gascoigne when playing Spurs at home.....gives you some idea of the talent we had then.

......not to forget the desire, to make it all work.

Thanks TRO

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I feel humbled reading that, because I think some of us old uns don't realise what we had.

I have sat and watched us reach the heights, 5-1 wins against the mighty Liverpool, the turning teams over with Little,Gray & Deehan.

I just want them to rise like a Phoenix again for our younger supporters like you,who can revel in those fantastic days like we did.

I want you guys to marvel in the play like we did.

we have a lost generation to class.....I want you guys to have a chance to see it.

I think as difficult as it can be, with Tony Xia we have got a chance.

ps apologies to all for going off Topic.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Ian Taylor and Gareth Barry could always be relied on for goals from midfield, although nowhere near as prolific as Platt, who remains my favourite Villa player of all time

GB was a bit more defensive, Ian was more box to Box......but Houghton and Parker were useful too.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

He is my favourite too. Probably down to the fact that my first season as a regular at VP was 1988/89. He just seemed to score fun in those few years before we sold him to Bari. When he scored that goal for England v Belgium I remember going absolutely nuts and I was only 10! 

We haven't had a player like him since imo and for anyone to even suggest that Gary Gardner could be even a quarter of the player Platt was is just madness. 

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Obvious winde up.

Never, it's always genuine from me, I think you know it too mate, I play Chinese whispers from time to time but I just post what I have been told by whoever. I can now live happily and attend the u16 & u18 matches and provide my own thoughts and opinions on here

16 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He is my favourite too. Probably down to the fact that my first season as a regular at VP was 1988/89. He just seemed to score fun in those few years before we sold him to Bari. When he scored that goal for England v Belgium I remember going absolutely nuts and I was only 10! 

We haven't had a player like him since imo and for anyone to even suggest that Gary Gardner could be even a quarter of the player Platt was is just madness. 

If that's aimed at me, I never saw Platt in a Villa shirt, he left Villa the year before I was born, if it wasn't aimed at me, fine

Â