Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is true......but pardon the description It's his "ring craft " that is suspect.

his simply drifts in and out.....we need a poor mans Kante.....constantly "at it"

Does Makelele count? Maybe he could be coaxed out of retirement 

On 13/12/2016 at 18:58, sir_gary_cahill said:

Heading and shooting ability, I think that Westwood and Gardner are completely different player. I think they both bring different qualities to the side, Westwood is more conservative than Gardner but is also effective in his role. Gardner has the ability to arrive late in the box and finishes extremely well, they are both very valuable players to us I think

Oh SGC, I love that you stick up for our players, but these are the worst players in our team, and both need to go in order that we may become competitive.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He pulled a strange expression when he got subbed off, it was almost a smirk, I think he does hold back but I do love him, I also think he's a premier league player

He is proving to be not even Championship quality.

He made a couple of good  runs into the box yesterday which went un-noticed, and should have had a penalty if not for the diabolical ref..  However, for the rest of the game he was largely giving the ball away and generally being ineffective.

That being said, he performed well for Forest last year, so there is a player there somewhere.  It's just can he produce it here.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cudoz said:

He made a couple of good  runs into the box yesterday which went un-noticed, and should have had a penalty if not for the diabolical ref..  However, for the rest of the game he was largely giving the ball away and generally being ineffective.

That being said, he performed well for Forest last year, so there is a player there somewhere.  It's just can he produce it here.

I think he can, I will never lose faith 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cudoz said:

Apparently bang average at Forest last season.  Was brilliant in his first loan spell there, but only "OK" second time round - which is basically what he looks like being for us right now.  Decent enough squad player, though.

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No proof to this effect, when he was subbed the other day, he was almost smirking, disgraceful

no proof that he isnt good enough  , or that he gets an easy ride? Had he not come through the academy he would have been moved on some time ago

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

Not good enough for me , another in a long list that get an easy ride because they are Villa

What planet are you living on where he's getting an "easy ride"? Would you be happier if he were booed? 

I hate comments like that. Stating your own opinion is cool, wishing scorn on a lad who is doing nothing more than try his best at playing football for Aston Villa is shameful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What planet are you living on where he's getting an "easy ride"? Would you be happier if he were booed? 

I hate comments like that. Stating your own opinion is cool, wishing scorn on a lad who is doing nothing more than try his best at playing football for Aston Villa is shameful. 

Who mentioned booing? , i have stated had he not been a product of the academy he would be long gone , that is the planet i am living on , i hate people that make assumptions. Shameful

• Like 1

I thought he was below average again on Sunday. His positional awareness is awful and one or two notable exceptions aside his passing was and is every bit as bad as Jedinak's.

That said he put a shift in, as per, and I'm glad he's getting an "easy ride". Supporters turning on these lads will do them no good whatsoever. 

Â