Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Absolutely **** awful. I wish he was a good player, it's just not working out. 

Trouble is he's the only midfielder the manager will use who has legs and isn't Bacuna levels of completely bonkers. I hope he plays better than that on Thursday or we're going to get beat. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh dear, why is it always the academy graduates that receive the most criticism from the majority of fans on this forum? He scored a quite brilliant header a few weeks ago against Birmingham City. He has had so many serious injuries, just give him a bit of time, he's one of us. He went to Cockshut Hill school in Yardley like his brother just give him time. The club obviously believe in him like I do, if they didn't, they wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract!

He could be my brother,  it would still mean he's not good enough. 

He's well over his injury now. He's not going to get better. I don't know why they have offered him a new contract but if he's the future we are staying right where we are. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely **** awful. I wish he was a good player, it's just not working out. 

Trouble is he's the only midfielder the manager will use who has legs and isn't Bacuna levels of completely bonkers. I hope he plays better than that on Thursday or we're going to get beat. 

I have been watching Villa for 57 years, I can never remember a first team squad that i was in favour of every player we had.

tell a lie, 80/81..81/82 I would have struggled there.

We just have to get on with it and look at the overall.

We are winning.

However, i tend to agree....I'll just get the winning bit in before Thursday.

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh dear, why is it always the academy graduates that receive the most criticism from the majority of fans on this forum? He scored a quite brilliant header a few weeks ago against Birmingham City. He has had so many serious injuries, just give him a bit of time, he's one of us. He went to Cockshut Hill school in Yardley like his brother just give him time. The club obviously believe in him like I do, if they didn't, they wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract!

If only player ability was positively correlated to how hilarious the name of the school they went to is.

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The club has made a habit of giving out long contracts to undeserving players. I had hoped that under Xia's stewardship that might have stopped.

Even a 2 year contract to get a fee for him from a League 1 club I might have understood, but there is no way, to my mind, that Gardner will ever justify the new contract.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

To ensure we get a fee and stop him holding out for a free stinking the place out for 12 months or whatever? 

I thought that at first, but now I'm starting to doubt that. I don't know what the bloke earns, but how much could we sell him for?

For me Bacuna and Westwood should be in front of him so I'd be amazed if he was worth £1m which is probably less than his annual salary?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh dear, why is it always the academy graduates that receive the most criticism from the majority of fans on this forum? 

Come on mate, today was one of the worst midfield displays I've ever seen and i really mean that. How on earth can you defend that?

We either get promoted and are stuck with a player way out of his depth for 3 years or we don't get promoted and we are stuck with a player way out of his depth for 3 years.

Why do we always do this. A healthy pay rise no doubt and can join the long list of players we can't shift due to their bumper pay day. Championship clubs don't hand out FOUR YEAR contracts to this calibre of player. Merry Christmas Gary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Completely anonymous today, had to come off at half time

Not that it matters i suppose, but i hope he was taken off because he was crap rather than the knock he took jist before half time. 

Just give him a bit of time, that's all I'm asking, I remember a few years I was crying out for Sam Allardyce to be appointed as manager and was ridiculed then. It's swings and roundabouts, in my opinion, Sam Allardyce is a great English manager, he plays to his strengths and he's just been appointed at Crystal Palace in the Premier League for those who don't know

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just give him a bit of time, that's all I'm asking, I 

Mate he is 24 now, how mich time doe the kid need? 

He is a millionaire who has been on our books for about 10yrs and played about 20 games, and shown nothing in any of them. 

We have given him way more than he has given us.

Just now, av1 said:

Mate he is 24 now, how mich time doe the kid need? 

He is a millionaire who has been on our books for about 10yrs and played about 20 games, and shown nothing in any of them. 

We have given him way more than he has given us.

How do you know he's a millionaire? You don't know his salary, neither do I, there's a reason he was given a new 4 year contract

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

At his best he offers energy and a willingness to get forward.

Thats why i was so angry today because he didn't even give us that. 

Â