Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

9 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Still started the game, so would appreciate a reply to that question. Thanks.

So Gardner gets subbed off against a terrible Wigan side after a truly inept performance, Jack bangs in the winner from 20 yards and GG should get some credit?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So Gardner gets subbed off against a terrible Wigan side after a truly inept performance, Jack bangs in the winner from 20 yards and GG should get some credit?

For Grealish's goal of course not that would be silly. But for the effort he puts in for the team before he was subbed yes. You think his work rate nd pressing has no effect on the opposition? It takes a team to win a game, and just like today,  players will do the dog work to allow the more creative players come on and help secure the win. I don't think Ayew would have the time he had if the players were fresh as they were at the start of the game.

Do I believe we can do better than Gardner? Or course, but I wouldn't totally write off the impact the is adding.

• Like 1

He was absolutely abysmal today. Usually he runs about a lot and looks sh#t, today he didn't even do that. I don't often come away from VP actually angry about individual performances but today is an exception. When your midfielders can't even dominate against Burton, its no wonder we got spanked in the big league. 

Utterly utterly sh#t. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Umm, four year contract?

Remarkable how much he has earned from this club for so little in return. 

58 minutes ago, av1 said:

He was absolutely abysmal today. Usually he runs about a lot and looks sh#t, today he didn't even do that. I don't often come away from VP actually angry about individual performances but today is an exception. When your midfielders can't even dominate against Burton, its no wonder we got spanked in the big league. 

Utterly utterly sh#t. 

That was me against Wigan. I couldn't believe how bad he was on and off the ball. If you cannot do it at home against this calibre then what we are hoping for?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Utterly utterly sh#t. 

sadly, you are not wrong.

jack & Ayew rescued us.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Remarkable how much he has earned from this club for so little in return. 

He has joined the Brummie millionaires club.

• Hendie
  • Agbonlahor
  • Gardner

all questionable contribution.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has joined the Brummie millionaires club.

• Hendie
  • Agbonlahor
  • Gardner

all questionable contribution.

Little bit harsh on the first 2.

Hendrie had over 300 games in midfield for a team constantly in the top half of the table. Plus he's hardly a millionaire now, he's bankrupt!

Gabby was a very good payer (a while back) but his contribution recently has been non existent 

Just now, Xela said:

Little bit harsh on the first 2.

Hendrie had over 300 games in midfield for a team constantly in the top half of the table. Plus he's hardly a millionaire now, he's bankrupt!

Gabby was a very good payer (a while back) but his contribution recently has been non existent 

Hendrie was poor in my view, just played with better players in a better team......Gabby has been poor much longer than recently.

Hendrie had it & lost it, much his own fault.

I have said a few times that he very marginally gets into the team for me ahead of Westwood.  However I am now starting to turn back to Westwood again.  Gardner was woeful today. 

He really is not good enough. If we can sell in January to fund another incoming midfielder I would do it in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I have said a few times that he very marginally gets into the team for me ahead of Westwood.  However I am now starting to turn back to Westwood again.  Gardner was woeful today. 

He really is not good enough. If we can sell in January to fund another incoming midfielder I would do it in a heartbeat. 

he's just been given a new contract;)

1 minute ago, TRO said:

he's just been given a new contract;)

To ensure we get a fee and stop him holding out for a free stinking the place out for 12 months or whatever? 

• Like 1

Oh dear, why is it always the academy graduates that receive the most criticism from the majority of fans on this forum? He scored a quite brilliant header a few weeks ago against Birmingham City. He has had so many serious injuries, just give him a bit of time, he's one of us. He went to Cockshut Hill school in Yardley like his brother just give him time. The club obviously believe in him like I do, if they didn't, they wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Oh dear, why is it always the academy graduates that receive the most criticism from the majority of fans on this forum? He scored a quite brilliant header a few weeks ago against Birmingham City. He has had so many serious injuries, just give him a bit of time, he's one of us. He went to Cockshut Hill school in Yardley like his brother just give him time. The club obviously believe in him like I do, if they didn't, they wouldn't have given him a new 4 year contract!

We will/have give him time.....sadly the opposition don't give you time.

Â