Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Does Makelele count? Maybe he could be coaxed out of retirement 

I think you know the answer to that SGC

but we have 2 choices

• Strive for betterment and respectfully illustrate the shortfalls in an effort to improve the team.
  • or wallow in mediocrity and applaud every win with total disregard for improvement and a live for today, sod tomorrow attitude.

I am all for supporting the team, but the players have to make an effort to improve themselves too.....not just turn up with the same performances as last year and imply that's it.

i have watched some players and they have improved.....others have not. But still expect to be selected.

IF we are going to get out if this league, we all need to raise our expectations in some individual players.

Edited by TRO

On 10/12/2016 at 23:18, Mantis said:

Behind Westwood for me. There are at least some things Westwood does well but I just don't see anything that Gardner does particularly well?

Yep.

He's rubbish.

Hopefully there's still room for improvement there, but so far he's shown absolutely nothing.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

He's rubbish.

Hopefully there's still room for improvement there, but so far he's shown absolutely nothing.

He can head it pretty well ;) different players bring different attributes, Gary Gardner is like Tim Cahill, he arrives late in the box, finishes very well but I don't think he can dictate play from midfield 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He can head it pretty well ;) different players bring different attributes, Gary Gardner is like Tim Cahill, he arrives late in the box, finishes very well but I don't think he can dictate play from midfield 

Yep. Heading is much better than Westwood. 

Terrible player but we seem to get better results when Westwood doesn't play. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. Heading is much better than Westwood. 

Terrible player but we seem to get better results when Westwood doesn't play. 

Would you sell Westwood DCJonah? Personally, I wouldn't, he's been at the club for 4 years now, still a good player for this football club

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would you sell Westwood DCJonah? Personally, I wouldn't, he's been at the club for 4 years now, still a good player for this football club

I'd give him away for free. I think he's a terrible player for us and easily one of the worst midfield players in this league. Him and Gardner shouldn't even be options on the bench after January. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd give him away for free. I think he's a terrible player for us and easily one of the worst midfield players in this league. Him and Gardner shouldn't even be options on the bench after January. 

So, you'd prefer to just buy our way out of the league? I think the current squad is good enough to get promoted via the play offs, do you?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

So, you'd prefer to just buy our way out of the league? I think the current squad is good enough to get promoted via the play offs, do you?

Would I prefer to buy better players? Yes of course I would. Why wouldn't I?

I think some parts of the squad are, I think relying on Westwood and Gardner would be a mistake when both clearly aren't good enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Would I prefer to buy better players? Yes of course I would. Why wouldn't I?

I think some parts of the squad are, I think relying on Westwood and Gardner would be a mistake when both clearly aren't good enough. 

I don't want to buy promotion, do you? I want to earn it through hard work and endeavour. 

I think both are easily good enough for where we are right now, that's my opinion, everyone's different ;)

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't want to buy promotion, do you? I want to earn it through hard work and endeavour. 

I think both are easily good enough for where we are right now, that's my opinion, everyone's different ;)

I don't really get this. What should we do sign cheap hard workers to make it more of an achievement if we do it?

Kodjia cost a fortune, does he not show hard work and endeavour?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I dare you to say that in the Westwood thread ;-)

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I dont understand, you dont want to buy promotion...... if thats so we'd better sell Kodjia, McCormack, Jedinak, Tsihbola, Chester, Elphick etc

Does that mean we have to use the same players in CL because we don't want to buy our way to beating Barcelona in the final.

Its standard practice to buy and sell players. I dont think if we sell Westwood or anyone for that matter and buy someone else, that the manager maybe thinks can do a better job that it would in anyway tarnish any success we may enjoy

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we do get promoted, we've already bought it. 

As of now, our midfield isn't good enough to get it though. We don't have to spend a fortune to improve that, you're right, but we should spend whatever is necessary. 

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't really get this. What should we do sign cheap hard workers to make it more of an achievement if we do it?

Kodjia cost a fortune, does he not show hard work and endeavour?

Indeed DCJonah, not all good quality players show hard work and endeavour, I think Kodjia does, he looks a one off, I don't know where he's been all of his career, do you? He's clearly a late bloomer.

We should sign cheap hard workers to lighten the work load of our flashy players and therefore achieve a balance in the side, it's a team game!!!

Â