Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Indeed DCJonah, not all good quality players show hard work and endeavour, I think Kodjia does, he looks a one off, I don't know where he's been all of his career, do you? He's clearly a late bloomer.

We should sign cheap hard workers to lighten the work load of our flashy players and therefore achieve a balance in the side, it's a team game!!!

I know exactly what you are alluding to even if it has been difficult to explain.

If I have read it right?......I think you are right.

buying players is essential....but you can't always buy soul.....you have to develop it.....some of these durable journeymen can give you that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I know exactly what you are alluding to even if it has been difficult to explain.

If I have read it right?......I think you are right.

buying players is essential....but you can't always buy soul.....you have to develop it.....some of these durable journeymen can give you that.

Exactly, well phrased, something that I am clearly incapable of for some uknown reason but at the same time, you get the gist ;)

On 19/12/2016 at 18:30, sir_gary_cahill said:

No proof to this effect, when he was subbed the other day, he was almost smirking, disgraceful

I need this to be explained, SGC. It sounds like a criticism, which surprises me, coming as it does from you.

On 21/12/2016 at 14:46, AntrimBlack said:

I need this to be explained, SGC. It sounds like a criticism, which surprises me, coming as it does from you.

It was a very light smirk, did anyone else see it? I'm never critical in life mate but I didn't like the tone of that smirk when he was substituted, that is all, maybe it was an ironic smirk because he knew he didn't have the best of games, I don't know, I am guessing

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It was a very light smirk, did anyone else see it? I'm never critical in life mate but I didn't like the tone of that smirk when he was substituted, that is al

Maybe another player said " its going to be you":)

we can only speculate, it could be a million or one things.

I don't care for him as a player, but I couldn't castigate him for that

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe another player said " its going to be you":)

we can only speculate, it could be a million or one things.

I don't care for him as a player, but I couldn't castigate him for that

Haha ok fair enough TRO, why don't you care for him as a player?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Average players don't score headers like he did a few weeks ago

Average players usually go a few weeks (or more) without doing something worth mentioning. 

Lowton scored that winning goal, that goal was amazing, however Lowton is an average player

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Average players usually go a few weeks (or more) without doing something worth mentioning. 

Lowton scored that winning goal, that goal was amazing, however Lowton is an average player

Gary Gardner is far from an average player, when he was younger he was mentioned and played in the same England youth side as Shelvey and Wilshere. Those 2 are full England internationals now, Gardner has had 2 career threatening injuries but has bounced back terrifically :)

Lowton is far from average, he is playing well for Burnley in the Premier League now, that goal v Stoke was amazing 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just signed a new deal. 

Not sure what to make of that.

If we're pushing for promotion I can't see him having any game time if we succeed. It's not like he's tearing up the championship is it? 

I'm sure the club will have weighed up the balance between his wages verses his benefit to the squad and/or future sale value. Even though some may not rate GG, I think most would be annoyed if we didn't get a fee for him.

• Like 2

Don't see a great future for him with us, based on his performances.

However it's a smart decision by the club, he's a sellable asset and if he doesn't pull up any trees I can still see us getting a decent amount of money from a Championship side for him in the future. 

On 21/12/2016 at 20:22, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Gardner is far from an average player, when he was younger he was mentioned and played in the same England youth side as Shelvey and Wilshere. Those 2 are full England internationals now, Gardner has had 2 career threatening injuries but has bounced back terrifically :)

Lowton is far from average, he is playing well for Burnley in the Premier League now, that goal v Stoke was amazing 

I think this is the crux of the matter regarding younger players/prospects at our club, how many "superstars in the making" have we dug up in the last, say, 20 years? Off the top of my head, Luke and Stefan Moore, Nathan Delfouneso, Gabby Agbonlahor (granted he has provided a few seasons of good performances a long time ago), Graham Burke, Andi Wiemann, Isaiah Osbourne and the list is probably 3 times that length with some googling, I'd put Gary Gardner in this list as well. He is an average player in my humble opinion, he was almost a man amongst boys in our youth set up because he was a big unit as a teenager and bossed games quite easily. 

I'd give him this full season to step up or jog on because barring the header against SHA he's done bugger all to impact games (if you'd ever seen him for our youth team you'd understand mine and a few others frustrations with him), but I'd just wish people wouldn't hype young players coming through when they've done nothing in the grand scheme of things to merit it!

Â