Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Havn`t seen him play that deep before , also no aggression, I think he was playing to orders, he`s a much better player than

that, don`t remember him giving the ball away though. Agood debut but not as good as G Barrys debut.

Was Barrys debut against a really shite Cov team when we won 2-0 away?

Home to Arsenal. Played in a back 5 - had a fantastic game.

...in a much better Villa side than this current one. I think that Villa side had won about eight or nine on the bounce.

Still Sheff Weds away and We had lost the week before against Bolton :winkold:

Yes, from one game.

It was tough for him but I actually found myself thinking a couple of times, "Your brother would be doing better here."

God he is 19 get of his back lol, You can't judge a player on just a single game. Talk to me when Gary is 25 years old. he will be much better than his brother. And don't blame him, it was Mcleish tactics, 10 men behind the ball until the last 2 mins, then we start attacking, yeah great tactics McLeish... He sucks creative players dry.. If we had messi and ronaldo in our team, they would struggle. Don't judge a player on 1 game. judge him over the course of his career.

Should'nt have started imo. Yes he is the brightest prospect at the club, but to give him his full home debut against the league leaders, who we were never going to match in the middle of the park was a little stupid imo.

Good learning experience i suppose.

Im still in no doubt what-so-ever he will become a top Prem player.

Agreed. How Eck thought playing a 19 year old alongside Stan was going to compete against De Jong, Barry and Silva in the middle of the park is beyond me.

i was going to type quite a long post here, but ive deleted it to keep it simple

give him a chance, all kids make mistakes, you dont learn by doing things right, i do agree though that youngsters should start, except maybe albrighton as i hes the only right wing option we have, and hes great prospect :)

There are some of us who who are quite happy with the way he's performing. Granted we're not as loud at proclaiming it as those who are moaning. But we're here nevertheless.

I don't think he had a bad game. He started brightly, beating a couple of players a few times and passing the ball on. Faded as the game wore on, but this was more a reflection on City having all the possession.

It doesn't help when the only time we were having the ball, it was aimed for the head of Heskey, and no ever challenging for the second it Heskey did win it.

From the few glimpes I have seen of Gardner (Wolves game, few subs and Marsielle youth game) his main attributes are breaking into the box beyond the runs of the strikers. Not once did he even look like getting that far forward and that must be something he was told not to do.

Yes, from one game.

It was tough for him but I actually found myself thinking a couple of times, "Your brother would be doing better here."

I dont remember Craig playin in cm against arguably the best team in the country at 19 so I never got round to thinking that.

However, every time someone says, hes goin to be better than his brother I think............. 'so **** what'?

Nothing against Craig (I like him) but being better than him at football is hardly something to write home about in the pro football world.

Granted the comparison because hes his brother is inevitable

I would go for a 433 and forget this 442 non sense, with the 3 in the middle of the park being, Cm-Petrov,CM-Ireland,CM-Gardner... with Agbonlahor on the left cutting in on his right foot, Nzogbia on the right cutting in on his Left foot or swap them to and bent up front on his own.. I think this would be quite a good team.

It won't have done him any harm playing yesterday. If he didn't already know what a tough league the Premiership is and how big a step up it is then he does now.

I thought he did OK given his lack of experience and who we were up against.

I hope he plays regularly for the rest of this season and that also goes for Albrighton and Clark ( when fit again ). This season has been a write off so lets at least get these lads some more experience so hopefully next season they hit the ground running or conversely we find out that they may not be good enough to be regular starters.

Exactly VGM. And he will learn tons more from a game against that lot than he will from playing against Norwich City's reserves. Youngsters have to make their mistakes on the pitch as they learn. I thought he did well and on the occasions where he did slip up, it wasn't through any lack of technique or ability. It was that I thought he took half a second too long in possession at times and got crowded out. But that will come. That's a direct result of being used to playing against players inferior to those he faced in the PL. Once he literally gets up to speed he'll be brilliant. He certainly won't get up to speed sitting on the bench. He has to be allowed to mature in that side and the less patient fans who are dying to say he's over-rated, need to bite their tongue for the good of the club they say they support.

Spoke to him after the game he was clutching his shirt and he was very humble said it was totally different playing against the likes of Barry and De Jong but enjoyed it and he had learn't from it .

I thought for the role was expected to play he did ok

Agreed - he didn't let anyone down. Whole team struggled to string two passes together but its been like that long before Gardner came in.

Obviously it was tough for him but as the wise sage Neville said it was four against 2 in CM at times. They were chasing shadows

Â