Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

The thing is when Gary takes a shot outside the box it hits the target 9 times out of 10. When Petrov takes a shot it hits the target 1 time out of 10....

The number 4 shirt for Gary next season.

I think he'll be first choice come next season.. Him with Herd in the middle. N'Zogbia on the right a new purchase on the left with Weimann and Bent up top.

The thing is when Gary takes a shot outside the box it hits the target 9 times out of 10. When Petrov takes a shot it hits the target 1 time out of 10....

I think he'll be first choice come next season.. Him with Herd in the middle. N'Zogbia on the right a new purchase on the left with Weimann and Bent up top.

There will not be two up front if AM is manager.

There will not be two up front if AM is manager.

If they can prove it works then things can easily change.. I know AM gets a lot of stick but if he see's something working in training he's not going to ignore it.

Needs to be playing regularly now. Need to stop pussyfooting around giving the kids ten minutes here and there. Same for Weimann, especially with Bent being out. When Fergie or Redknapp think a kids good enough they put them in the team, end of. I dont see why we should be bigger than that.

Thats not a criticism of the manager its been a Villa thing for years. Mcleish has acually been quite good in this respect but the kids should still be getting some starts

Herd and Gardner in the middle asap, i feel they would have great partnership on the pitch. Petrov fading around 55 - 60 minutes in every match, so at least 30 mins for Gardner every match is the must.

really happy about Herd and his work rate and the perfect sense when and how to take over the ball from opposition. in the first half he had at least five takeovers to apply our continuos pressure. Gardner showed more in the 5 minutes than Petrov for last 30 minutes, when he was fading and losing every ball - it is obvious for me that he lacks stamina. yes, he is good and needed in the first 60 minutes but then, he is just useless due to his lacking stamina and strength.

I think we need to start playing a heavily youth inspired squad now.. They understand each other as they play pretty much week in week out in the reserves, they are friends and a team with a team mentality like that can do a lot of damage. Man United of the 90's springs to mind they all came out of the reserves at about the same time and set the league on fire.. There was no adjusting or getting used to other players abilities as they knew them long before they hit the first team.

I think we need to start playing a heavily youth inspired squad now.. They understand each other as they play pretty much week in week out in the reserves, they are friends and a team with a team mentality like that can do a lot of damage.

Agree with this, if we can't compete in the money league with the top teams we need to develop the youth system.

OTT or what ?

Weiman scores - and we want to pack the toughest league in the world with a load of green kids ? - Get real - they would get slaughtered week in - week out. a blend of youth and experience is whats needed.

Balance is always essential. But some of our kids seem to be starting to prove that they can do it better than the seniors. Herd, Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton & Weimann IMO are all perfectly plausible starting options at the moment and it's only for the fact that at any one time you can only really use 2 from GG, BB & MA that I'd nearly put all 5 in the next starting line-up.

I definitely draw the line before Johnson, Burke or Carruthers but I think Lichaj could push Hutton for a rightback slot.

Balance is always essential. But some of our kids seem to be starting to prove that they can do it better than the seniors. Herd, Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton & Weimann IMO are all perfectly plausible starting options at the moment and it's only for the fact that at any one time you can only really use 2 from GG, BB & MA that I'd nearly put all 5 in the next starting line-up.

I definitely draw the line before Johnson, Burke or Carruthers but I think Lichaj could push Hutton for a rightback slot.

How long is Clark injured for? Because if you add him in that list then we really do have some good young talent.. Just wondering when he will be back?

OTT or what ?

Weiman scores - and we want to pack the toughest league in the world with a load of green kids ? - Get real - they would get slaughtered week in - week out. a blend of youth and experience is whats needed.

Thank god someone sees sense!

We score one (lucky?) goal that the youngsters were involved in and here we go, drop petrov, start the kids, with the biggest respect, that is absolute bollocks.

Petrov holds us together, defo.

We have a great chance with the safe position we are in to give a go to the younger lads, even more so.

Would it really hurt to try Gardner, Weimann, Lichaj all in the same team for a couple games? I don't think so. As BOF says, we aren't going to be taking out excellent players for them, Lichaj for Hutton or Warnock. Weimann up top, Gardner and Herd in central midfield. I left out Albrighton and Herd because both are pretty much regulars now anyway.

OTT or what ?

Thank god someone sees sense!

We score one (lucky?) goal that the youngsters were involved in and here we go, drop petrov, start the kids, with the biggest respect, that is absolute bollocks.

Petrov holds us together, defo.

True but only for the first part of games, then he needs super glue to hold himself together.

Gary Gardner has an awesome shot, just like his older brother. I thought his brother was a good player. Hopefully Gary lasts longer then Craig at the club.

I wouldn't mind his brother back at this club.. I don't think we would do all that badly with Craig and Gary in the middle. I didn't rate Craig when was with us initially, but he's turned into a fairly good player at Sunderland. I know we can probably do better than Craig but we can also do a lot worse.

Craig impressed me at the start of the 07/08 season, but unfortunately his form dipped. Was still good though. I think if Craig came back, it may hinder Gary, I am sure he does not want to be in his brothers shadow.

Â