Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I'd be happy to see Gary get a run now. Lichaj has never particularly impressed me but if he can play LB i'd play my gran over Warnock who I sincerely hope we see the back of in summer.

Gary looks to have something a bit special about him, we have a serious talent on our hands I reckon, so I really hope we nurture him in the correct way. Games now could have him ready to play a big part next season.

I want Bannan to get more of a go most of all though, he's not always performed this year but he's got such a nice touch and passing range and he could get a lot of confidence if he got a run now.

if craig could sort out his tackling a bit, id like to see him back in the club sitting behind gary and ireland

And just drop herd, thinks its a bit harsh he's really stepped up this season.. think he deserves his place tbh.

i agree, but what i said was based on craig sorting his tackling out... how likely is that in fairness :P

It's funny how one game changes expectations.

Only two games ago the starting line up consisted of a midfield of Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner and Gabby and the manager got absolutely slated and the team performance was poor. I'm sure in time the young ones will come good, but putting them in altogether at the moment doesn't benefit anyone.

Lichaj has never particularly impressed me but if he can play LB i'd play my gran over Warnock who I sincerely hope we see the back of in summer.

I would like to see this Edna stevens guy we signed tbh.

his season started in march 2011, not sure we'll see much of him this season, but he should be very, very fresh for the start of next

if craig could sort out his tackling a bit, id like to see him back in the club sitting behind gary and ireland

And just drop herd, thinks its a bit harsh he's really stepped up this season.. think he deserves his place tbh.

i agree, but what i said was based on craig sorting his tackling out... how likely is that in fairness :P

Good Point.

I'd start him over Petrov against Bolton. With the way we have been recently playing, we need CMs who aren't afraid to make a forward pass. Petrov either goes back with the ball or passes it out wide. Gardner's vision is what we need in the middle. Him and Ireland together can be very good.

I'd start him over Petrov against Bolton. With the way we have been recently playing, we need CMs who aren't afraid to make a forward pass. Petrov either goes back with the ball or passes it out wide. Gardner's vision is what we need in the middle. Him and Ireland together can be very good.

If Herdy didn't have such a great game on Saturday, I'd have thought he would be starting with Gardner and Petrov.

Don't think Gardner will start, but he's a great impact player to come off the bench as long as we replace Petrov after an hour. He's definitely an exciting player and I'm chuffed he's one of ours rather than a prospect coming through at another club.

Gardner wasn't even on the bench for the reserves this evening whereas Weimann & Bannan started (and finished). I think we'll be seeing a lot of Gary at the weekend and that's a good thing :nod:

Gardner wasn't even on the bench for the reserves this evening whereas Weimann & Bannan started (and finished). I think we'll be seeing a lot of Gary at the weekend and that's a good thing :nod:

I hope not, considering we're playing on Tuesday.

Next tuesday

C U Next Tuesday.

If I was to give AML credit for one thing he's done here then it would be how he's handled Gardner. First loaned him out to get some toughness and first team experience, and then give him a little time here and there. Even a start, although that might've been the wrong decision. But I think he's blooding him in quite well. And I think he'll get more and more time on the pitch, and maybe next season he's a starter. Wouldn't surprise me.

Â