Brad Guzan

R.Bear

best signing this season we have made. Has shown quality I honestly didnt think he had. Sadly could be 2 years in a row our goalkeeper wins Player of the Year which is not meant as an insult its just they shouldnt be winning it :(

Stuck with Given now ..unless we pay him off.

Don't think we will be stuck, to be honest. Given (sensibly for him) isn't the type to stick around if he's not playing. He could have done that at City and raked in a lot more cash.

Guzan has really impressed. One thing about releasing given though is that we will be going from one extreme to the other, our sub keeper will either be Marshall, who hasnt played for yrs or siegrist who has never played.. Either way, should anything then happen to Guzan we would be in a right pickle

Isn't the majority of the team?

I've never seen him, but if he had to play, behind a vastly inexperienced defence I would be seriously concerned

Yeah but Siegrist still wouldn't get that much playing time, and if we say sell Given in January or next Summer the defence would've be at least a bit more experienced.

Then again, Guzan isn't exactly that experienced yet that hasn't stopped him from being fantastic this season.

Guzan isn't exactly that experienced yet that hasn't stopped him from being fantastic this season.

He's one of them Blockers from Knightmare, made flesh. You need the password to get past him, otherwise he'll eat you.

Guzanightmare.gif

Don't think we will be stuck, to be honest. Given (sensibly for him) isn't the type to stick around if he's not playing. He could have done that at City and raked in a lot more cash.

Definitely this.

And he's still good enough to have plenty of clubs after him.

If Guzan is definitely the long term future (which looks likely now) I'd be surprised to see Given here next season.

Definitely this.

And he's still good enough to have plenty of clubs after him.

If Guzan is definitely the long term future (which looks likely now) I'd be surprised to see Given here next season.

Agree. Can't see Given wanting to be standby/cup keeper. As great as he is as a 2nd in command I think he is the type of keeper that wants to play and not sit on a bench.

Â