Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I think he is showing great decision making, he's actually commanding his box, I sit in the Trinity towards to Holte, but heard him on the other side shout to claim a ball. But early days yet, with a keeper as Friedel says mistakes will happen but it is how you bounce back from them that is the key.

People shouldnt write off Given completely, he was instrumental in us staying up last season. However there is no denying he has been on crap form for a while now, but I dont buy that he is a spent force. The rise of Guzan will give Given some much needed time off to fully recover from whichever injury, fatigue or lack of confidence is causing his shocking form and then we will have 2 world class goalies to choose from, which is great: strength in depth.

It looks like a combination of Lambo getting him back in after he'd left, and then of picking him in front of Given has given Brad a bunch of confidence to go with his ability. He looks so much more assured than in the past. He absolutely looks the part, now.

Unless there's an injury or suspension, difficult to see Given in a Villa shirt again.

Don't you think he'll be used for cup games, like Guzan was as No. 2?

Hmmm... No.

Guzan was used in cups to give him a run out in a first team environment, and give the first choice keeper a break. Given doesn't need the former, and I can't imagine Guzan wants a break.

• 1 month later...

Can't see Given getting a look in so maybe we should offload him and save some money on wages. Guzan has been brilliant and fair play to him because quite a few people wrote him off after the performance against Blackburn a few years ago.

The only problem with offloading Given is that no one will want him? He's still got 3/4 years left on his contract here as well...

In regards to Guzan today he was absolutely brilliant, those 3 saves would sensational!

Given has 4 years left so he won't walk away from £12m in wages

McLeish really was a prick signing him on such a long deal and mega wages

I do notice how lambert is marginalising all the high earners - Ireland Given Bent

Â