What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

spacer.png

Any Opeth fans on here? I need help!

Got this LP on ebay. Discogs states that the ONLY yellow release was a Swedish release but with songs, labels and lyric sheet in English.

I've got a yellow vinyl with everyrthing in Swedish, which isn't listed at all on Discogs. And there are LOADS of different coloured vinyl versions of this.

Anyone any the wiser? (I have contacted the seller, waiting for reply)

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Got this LP on ebay. Discogs states that the ONLY yellow release was a Swedish release but with songs, labels and lyric sheet in English.

I've got a yellow vinyl with everyrthing in Swedish, which isn't listed at all on Discogs. And there are LOADS of different coloured vinyl versions of this.

Not sure how much this helps, but they released the album with both Swedish and English vocals. Likely the Swedish version would have the lyrics etc in Swedish. Can’t recall the versions they released it with but I got the cd version with both in.

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

There's a yellow, numbered version on Discogs you dimwit, Ltd Ed of 300

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's a yellow, numbered version on Discogs you dimwit, Ltd Ed of 300

Yes I know that, you dimwit - and it's in ENGLISH, this one is all in Swedish. That's the puzzler.

Dimwit 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Not sure how much this helps, but they released the album with both Swedish and English vocals. Likely the Swedish version would have the lyrics etc in Swedish. Can’t recall the versions they released it with but I got the cd version with both in.

Yes, the yellow one was released in English, but mine isn't!

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yes, the yellow one was released in English, but mine isn't!

Yeah that 300 is in English when you look at the Discog photos... 

Erm like @bickster says, probably mislabelled. Knowing some Opeth fans, there will be someone who has meticulously updated Discogs with every vinyl type (and probably got 1 of each as well). 

• Like 1

Dool - Summerland

Dool are apparently a 'dark rock' band. A little bit metal but not really, a little bit classic rock but not really. Sort of like a less bombastic version of Ghost.

Here is the opening track:

On rotation today whilst prepping for a barbeque (just me, the wife and kids - not ready to open the doors to the rest of the world :D) 

Deerhoof - Future Teenage Cave Artists | DIY

Deerhoof - Future Teenage Cave Artists

Album Review: Badly Drawn Boy – "Banana Skin Shoes" | The Young Folks

Badly Drawn Boy - Banana Skin Shoes

Woods: Strange to Explain Album Review | Pitchfork

Woods - Strange To Explain

FLIGHT | Hanni El Khatib

Hanni El Khatib - Flight

The New Abnormal - Wikipedia

The Strokes - The New Abnormal

Making a Door Less Open | Car Seat Headrest

Car Seat Headrest - Making A Door Less Open

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

So it was my birthday last week and has now become somewhat of a tradition, my OH raids my wish lists to buy me CDs/vinyls from. Works great as I get what I want and she just tends to go on cool covers. Anyway one of them was this:- 

a0470322543_10.jpg

Now I've got their "heavy" album  Infest the Rats Nest which was pretty cool, but this is completely different and works a treat as well. Unfortunately they have a rather extensive back catalogue to to explore... my wallet will hate me... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

So it was my birthday last week and has now become somewhat of a tradition, my OH raids my wish lists to buy me CDs/vinyls from. Works great as I get what I want and she just tends to go on cool covers. Anyway one of them was this:- 

a0470322543_10.jpg

Now I've got their "heavy" album  Infest the Rats Nest which was pretty cool, but this is completely different and works a treat as well. Unfortunately they have a rather extensive back catalogue to to explore... my wallet will hate me... 

Bloody love that album.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cyrusr said:

a0470322543_10.jpg

I make a point of giving a brief listen to what people are listening to. I am fairly open minded so don’t want to write something off based on a name or a sleeve. I listened to the title track and Cyboogie. I now have it on order from Amazon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I make a point of giving a brief listen to what people are listening to. I am fairly open minded so don’t want to write something off based on a name or a sleeve. I listened to the title track and Cyboogie. I now have it on order from Amazon. 

I may have just bought another 5 6 albums from the back catalogue... :ph34r:

Edited by cyrusr
May have added another one...
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 10:38, cyrusr said:

I have quite a few of their albums, my recommendation would be to start with Float Along - Fill Your Lungs / Oddments. The reissued version is both these albums. Thats the full on psyche experience, the move onto Papier Mache Dream Balloon for something much lighter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have quite a few of their albums, my recommendation would be to start with Float Along - Fill Your Lungs / Oddments. The reissued version is both these albums. Thats the full on psyche experience, the move onto Papier Mache Dream Balloon for something much lighter.

Thanks. Following this I started off with their 2017 collection of 5 albums and "I'm in Your Mind Fuzz". Enjoyed the psych rock of Mind Fuzz and the concept of the others, incredible to release 5 albums in a year and all pretty good. 

22 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Thanks. Following this I started off with their 2017 collection of 5 albums and "I'm in Your Mind Fuzz". Enjoyed the psych rock of Mind Fuzz and the concept of the others, incredible to release 5 albums in a year and all pretty good.

I think they originally planned for seven albums in the year which was just insane

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think they originally planned for seven albums in the year which was just insane

They do have a stupidly large amount of albums already! Puts most bands to shame. 

• Like 1

Â