What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 08/05/2020 at 17:18, bickster said:

R-8122113-1455553232-1474.jpeg.jpg

Oooooh - just the rough as **** graphics on the front got me all excited! Love a cover done by a kid still in comp..

That would be one of those instant purchases without flipping it over to read the back of the cover.

A double digits pressure sounds that I don’t have, that goes straight in the bag.

Anyway:

32215881514_b110d91f47_c.jpg

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

You want crap cover art...

If you can imagine... The Space Lady meets '70s / '80s German Electronics on a Casio Keyboard to celebrate the French Music of the '60s

(and don't let the album title fool into thinking the lyrics are in French, oh no, it's mainly German, some French, some English)

Thats about as close as I can get to describing this...

Bonkers!

Stereo Total -  Ah! Quel Cinema!

R-13926326-1564224543-2716.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Remember how chuffed I was to find this cheap.

It was a disappointment. Not utter shit, just dull.

I don't mind a bit of Alexis occasionally.

This was thirty bob in old money so I'm happy ;)

The CCS crew were proper stellar: John Cameron, Herbie Flowers, Harold Beckett, Alan Parker (twenty times the guitarist AK was) and loads of other top quality names. 

Very average, like the Martha Velez album in that respect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I was going with Arrival and Gold which I think was their greatest hits album ... though it seems from your list they cheated and released more than one Best off album 

It pre dates both of those. It’s from ‘76 but has nothing from Arrival on it. In fact there’s not much on there I recognise other than Waterloo and Fernando.

I suspect it will be a rich source of material for Mamma Mia 3.

Prompted  by all these Facebook album posts that I’m ignoring being nominated on , I managed to dig out my copy of 10,000 Maniacs - In my tribe , from the loft and will give it a spin later

loved that album but it must be 30 years since I last heard it , let’s see if it’s as good as I remember 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Promoted  by all these Facebook album posts that I’m ignoring being nominated on , I managed to dig out my copy of 10,000 Maniacs - In my tribe , from the loft and will give it a spin later

loved that album but it must be 30 years since I last heard it , let’s see if it’s as good as I remember 

I'm shocked and stunned, 10,000 maniacs... what on earth happenned to your taste in the intervening 30 years?

I hope your reading all my very popular album posts and discovering some tasteful tunes :mrgreen:

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm shocked and stunned, 10,000 maniacs... what on earth happenned to your taste in the intervening 30 years?

I hope your reading all my very popular album posts and discovering some tasteful tunes :mrgreen:

Ha , I’m reading yours and mostly scratching my head :) 

Apologies I don't own this album, I'm *gulp* streaming it on SPotify. I do however own some of the tunes on it from compilations

Little Annie - Short and Sweet

Little Annie (Or Annie Anxiety in her Crass days and Annie Bandez on other days) on her only On-U Sound album

Atypical On-U, great production values but no pumping bass and echo, no speaker swapping

Not sure how I'd describe it... arty cabaret maybe or post-modern torch songs...

Good album though, might have to try and source a copy.

R-173613-1411480008-5702.jpeg.jpg

Â