What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I have quite a few of their albums, my recommendation would be to start with Float Along - Fill Your Lungs / Oddments. The reissued version is both these albums. Thats the full on psyche experience, the move onto Papier Mache Dream Balloon for something much lighter.

@cyrusr I love Quarters - a beaut 4 track behemoth 

king gizzard are a bunch of terrific musicians - would love to catch them live

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

This masterpiece was released 30 years ago today

Left Hand Path (FDR Mastering) - Musik - CDON.COM

One of the greatest thrash albums of all time. I still remember vividly the first time I heard it.

As you say, a masterpiece.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Digging this - great shout 👍

I think both albums have just gone on Bandcamp in the last couple of days.

Which was what prompted me to dig them out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think both albums have just gone on Bandcamp in the last couple of days.

Which was what prompted me to dig them out.

Have been listening via YouTube but will have to visit bandcamp to make it ‘mine’! 

• Like 1

Not bought this yet as the physical release isn't out until next week and there no shops to buy it yet but Ripley's back with the Rose City Band's second album Summerlong

Unmistakeably RIpley Johnson (Moon Duo / Wooden Shjips) with his Americana / Country tinged project

R-15313770-1589590098-7636.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Last night we caught up on that house through time programme and they were talking about Pennyroyal and its use in abortions. I mention oh that must be where Pennyroyal tea comes from. 
So off that I realised that it had been 10, maybe 15 years since I listened to Nevermind by Nirvana. Familiarity breeds contempt I suppose and I went through a period of hating it. I have made peace with it today and giving it a blast. 
Between me and my wife I know we have their entire back catalogue, but neither of us play anything aside from Sliver. Now off to that discogs to see if I have anything worth selling. 

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Last night we caught up on that house through time programme and they were talking about Pennyroyal and its use in abortions. I mention oh that must be where Pennyroyal tea comes from. 
So off that I realised that it had been 10, maybe 15 years since I listened to Nevermind by Nirvana. Familiarity breeds contempt I suppose and I went through a period of hating it. I have made peace with it today and giving it a blast. 
Between me and my wife I know we have their entire back catalogue, but neither of us play anything aside from Sliver. Now off to that discogs to see if I have anything worth selling. 

When I was growing up, I generally preferred In Utero to Nevermind. Think it was probably due to overplaying. Let us know if you have anything worth flogging! Its always a curiosity to find some random hidden gem!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

This’ll mess up the predictors

One for you maybe @Seat68

A Profane singing both types of music

I will pop this on tonight. There is a lot for me to like about this. 

• Like 1

Just ordered the new Rose City Band album Summerlong. 

will give it its debut airing during tomorrow’s morning run! 

first listen - it’s a winner, a nice slab of sunny country with psychedelic leanings

defy anyone not to enjoy the last track wildflowers

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

And from one Ripley band to another... Moon Duo's debut - Escape, rereleased digitally today with bonus tracks to celebrate its tenth birthday

A rather heavier affair than the bands recent output. The motorik beats are there, ripley's guitar is unmistakable but the guitars are distinctly more searing than that their latest output, this is Moon Duo the garage band

R-15469415-1592052849-5495.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Â