What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 21/05/2020 at 09:11, Seat68 said:

Isnt Anything and Loveless, maybe it was overplay and it was broadly shoegazing, which I had real problems with, but those albums weren't good for me. My wife loved Moose, Catherine Wheel, Ride, MBV, etc and I disliked all of that. An album like Loveless comes along and its on constantly then it was a pain. Glider ep even more so. 

If it's vinyl, sell the f*** out of it while she's not looking, it sells for a bomb these days

Personally I wouldn't because it's a fantatic album

But if you have an original vinyl UK Creation copy - £120 median price

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it's vinyl, sell the f*** out of it while she's not looking, it sells for a bomb these days

Personally I wouldn't because it's a fantatic album

But if you have an original vinyl UK Creation copy - £120 median price

Really. We, yes its now become we, have loads of MBV on vinyl and a lot of very early MBV vinyl. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Really. We, yes its now become we, have loads of MBV on vinyl and a lot of very early MBV vinyl. 

Cheapest of Loveless vinyl on Discogs, currently £90 and the seller has added these comments... "Vinyl has many scratches.A2 has clicks.Side B has loud surface noise."

A perfect copy is hitting the £280 mark!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Was only playing a ‘best of Link Wray’  album the other day - still a great sound! 

Something got played on R6 a day or so ago. Marched straight up the garage to dig it out of a crate.

• Like 1

Vertebrae.jpg

Been listening to a lot recently in readiness for new album later this year and this was the album that really got me into the band. Both heavy and beautiful, showcases the outer levels of Black Metal and what can be achieved. Enslaved were never a stereotypical Black Metal band and had always pushed boundaries and were building to something like this for a number of albums, but this IMO was the watershed album and brought them into the next stage of their sound. It really as a masterpiece with the glorious song "The Watcher" closing it:- 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

7D19BD1A-534D-4648-ACF0-4DAAFDA1C940.jpeg

I liked "Much Against Everyone's Advice"...do they still play the same kinda stuff?

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Listening now. Vey pleasant bit of psyche. 

The Rubble collections are very listenable. You can get them individually on LP and CD. I've got 20 volumes in two 10 CD boxes.

Someone's tried to playlist them on Spotify, there's a number of gaps but there's plenty to audition there.

• Like 1

Â