What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

My_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png

My wife owns a lot of MBV. Way too much and as kids she subjected me to it. I really have bad memories of this album, it soundtracked a fantastic time for both of us but my god it was a chore for me to listen to. Conversely I appreciate its considered a classic. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

My wife owns a lot of MBV. Way too much and as kids she subjected me to it. I really have bad memories of this album, it soundtracked a fantastic time for both of us but my god it was a chore for me to listen to. Conversely I appreciate its considered a classic. 

That's a shame, just not a fan of the style or something else? 

it was a little before my time and I have only really started listening to MBV over the last couple of years. Woke up this morning in the mood for it :) 

12 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

That's a shame, just not a fan of the style or something else? 

it was a little before my time and I have only really started listening to MBV over the last couple of years. Woke up this morning in the mood for it :) 

Isnt Anything and Loveless, maybe it was overplay and it was broadly shoegazing, which I had real problems with, but those albums weren't good for me. My wife loved Moose, Catherine Wheel, Ride, MBV, etc and I disliked all of that. An album like Loveless comes along and its on constantly then it was a pain. Glider ep even more so. 

Had a retro day yesterday with the following getting a dusting down and an airing

Mansun - Attack of the Grey Lanterns

Doves - Lost Souls

Live - Throwing Copper

Placebo - Placebo

Redd Kross - Phaseshifter 

amazing how the memory can recall lyrics to tunes not listened to regularly for many years!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Isnt Anything and Loveless, maybe it was overplay and it was broadly shoegazing, which I had real problems with, but those albums weren't good for me. My wife loved Moose, Catherine Wheel, Ride, MBV, etc and I disliked all of that. An album like Loveless comes along and its on constantly then it was a pain. Glider ep even more so. 

Well if that's the case, you're probably going to hate the next album I am listening to Møl - Jord:

a0128457317_16.jpg

It is from the burdening "Blackgaze" genre which mixes Black Metal and shoegaze B)

Saw them support another band a couple of years ago at the Flapper, absolutely stole the show! They even opened up what I thinks the Danish version of the Brit Awards show last year as well: -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Well if that's the case, you're probably going to hate the next album I am listening to Møl - Jord:

a0128457317_16.jpg

It is from the burdening "Blackgaze" genre which mixes Black Metal and shoegaze B)

Saw them support another band a couple of years ago at the Flapper, absolutely stole the show! They even opened up what I thinks the Danish version of the Brit Awards show last year as well: -

I didn’t turn it off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Well if that's the case, you're probably going to hate the next album I am listening to Møl - Jord

Møl are on my 'to get round to at some point' list.  Caught part of their ATG set a few years back, at the time thought it was like a slightly growlier, more frenetic Bossk (which isn't a criticism, I bloody love Bossk).  My dabbling in blackgaze tends to veer on the slightly more melodic stuff, absolutely loving Holy Fawn at the mo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Møl are on my 'to get round to at some point' list.  Caught part of their ATG set a few years back, at the time thought it was like a slightly growlier, more frenetic Bossk (which isn't a criticism, I bloody love Bossk).  My dabbling in blackgaze tends to veer on the slightly more melodic stuff, absolutely loving Holy Fawn at the mo.

That's good. I remember being sent Holy Fawn's album by Holy Roar Records (who ATG & 2000 trees absolutely love) a while ago but didn't really listened to it. However, given how much I liked this, I think that might be going on next! Thank you! :) 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I try not to go to Holy Roar's website too much, it's terminal to my wallet.

Yeah I'm a subscriber so every month they send me a CD. If its something I really like, I then end up getting it on vinyl too... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah I'm a subscriber so every month they send me a CD. If its something I really like, I then end up getting it on vinyl too... 

I try and head down to London whenever they do their pop-ups, always come away with armfuls of good stuff.  The last one I got to was a few years back at Ghost Whale in Brixton, absolutely ideal as my wife was distracted (and ultimately made pliant) by the abundance of beer on offer.  Sans alcohol she normally lasts a good 20 minutes in a record store before wanting to kill me (and I don't blame her, I've experienced the other side of it when accompanying her to Hobbycraft).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I try and head down to London whenever they do their pop-ups, always come away with armfuls of good stuff.  The last one I got to was a few years back at Ghost Whale in Brixton, absolutely ideal as my wife was distracted (and ultimately made pliant) by the abundance of beer on offer.  Sans alcohol she normally lasts a good 20 minutes in a record store before wanting to kill me (and I don't blame her, I've experienced the other side of it when accompanying her to Hobbycraft).

30 years married we love each other to bits, but fun shopping trips we basically car share and then agree a time to meet up for a coffee.

• Like 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

I love Violets for your furs. Heard a lot of versions but this is my favourite. 

That’s next track up, bloody hell I put it on as background but I’m just sat here listening to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

30 years married we love each other to bits, but fun shopping trips we basically car share and then agree a time to meet up for a coffee.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

My OH is quite good to be fair. If she goes clothes shopping, she is usually in and out. When I go to a record shop, she will go off and do something else and leave me to it. When went to New York last year though, made a special effort to go to some record stores (Academy and Generation Records) but she was knackered and stayed around waiting for me. Think she may have regretted that choice... 

• Like 1

Â