What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

42 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well there’s a clear link between the two...

It is like a library record.

It's alright, but it's a scene that's already been reprised and it's sort of a wallpapery scene anyway :)

Edited by Xann

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

49859757941_55b2e46533_w.jpg

49859760296_1f8d34cc63_z.jpg

Quietly confident nobody else has a copy of this.

Support band on the last Space Lady UK tour.

3/10

I don’t have that but I would be fairly confident give me an hour I would have a single with Jez Butler on it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

49859757941_55b2e46533_w.jpg

49859760296_1f8d34cc63_z.jpg

Quietly confident nobody else has a copy of this.

Support band on the last Space Lady UK tour.

3/10

Google told me he was in The Groove Farm and I know I definitely have a few of their singles. 

Edited by Seat68

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not the weakest side of an album ever...

49865955673_f3acae8994_w.jpg

Into my arms must be in a list of best songs ever written. Then you have Mercy Seat, the best version of Mercy Seat, Red Right Hand is as they say epic. Love Letter would have this man weeping if I wasnt due on a call at 3.  
Yeah. Thats a pretty **** solid side. 

I looked at the comments on Youtube for Love Letter and one fell said something along the lines of I wish I had more friends the liked this song. I agree. I don’t know anyone that knows it, let alone likes it. My wife would call it a Pete song and would hate it. It is perfection but bettered by Into My Arms. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 4

From the same album, I played the rest of the gang here ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’ with a prize of a coffee for anyone naming the female vocalist.

Nobody got it, but I had one suggestion of Cerys Matthews, which as odd as that sounds, I could hear that as well.

Anyway, enough of the gateway vinyl, I’ve gone hardcore now.

49866300948_afb2fef615.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

From the same album, I played the rest of the gang here ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’ with a prize of a coffee for anyone naming the female vocalist.

Nobody got it, but I had one suggestion of Cerys Matthews, which as odd as that sounds, I could hear that as well.

Anyway, enough of the gateway vinyl, I’ve gone hardcore now.

49866300948_afb2fef615.jpg

Did you draw that, or is it a different version of the album cover for Grinderman 2, or a remix or something?

You should try them on the PJ Harvey ones. Or that Scorpions bloke.

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

Did you draw that, or is it a different version of the album cover for Grinderman 2, or a remix or something?

You should try them on the PJ Harvey ones. Or that Scorpions bloke.

My copy came with a sort of large book of illustrations and a giant fold out poster. I don’t think it was any sort of special edition...

49867411131_37a7403343_z.jpg

Just checked the sticker on the cover and it also had a CD in there.

For scale, that’s my full 12 inches bottom right corner.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My copy came with a sort of large book of illustrations and a giant fold out poster. I don’t think it was any sort of special edition...

49867411131_37a7403343_z.jpg

Just checked the sticker on the cover and it also had a CD in there.

For scale, that’s my full 12 inches bottom right corner.

Its also the cover of the booklet that comes in the deluxe CD version (and the poster)

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I just got a booklet thing, mind you I'd never looked at it till just now

IMG_1601.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

I just got a booklet thing, mind you I'd never looked at it till just now

Yep that's the one. This has caused me to drown out the bagpipes from across the back garden with this album

• Like 1

R-2494616-1311452959.jpeg.jpg

A shame this was only ever release on tape...

Bee Mask - From A Will-Less Gigolo Of A Divinity To The Gore-Spattered Lion On His Own Hearth, Odysseus Becomes "Odysseus"

I posted a few albums from Smithsonian Folkways recently, I think they might be connected to the library of congress in some way. Funnily enough I think Bee Mask was going for a sound that might have been produced at some studio at a university in the sixties or something, so would probably take it as a compliment.

• Like 2

This has been on repeat for the last couple of hours. I posted it on Facebook along with the following:

I've only posted one On-U Sound album so far... time to change that.

Tackhead Sound System - Tackhead Tape Time

Way back in those student days, we put on Gary Clail's On-U Sound / Tackhead Sound System on twice at the Uni, as I recall neither of those gigs were particularly succesful punters wise. It didn't matter, it wasn't our money and the nights were great

So Michael and I decide to put a third gig on but this time in The Mardi with all profits to Amnesty International. We did some great posters based on Gary Clails bandaged Head from the cover of the Hard Left single. They went up everywhere. The poster was simple, just balck and white but it was a great image that stood out. (I really wish I still had one)

It wasn't just Gary Clail this time, Mark Steward was also making an appearance. Mike took them to the pub for some food whilst I got the club ready. I Djed downstairs from the opening playing Dub and Industrial as people drifted in

Anyway, I wouldn't care to say how many people were in the Mardi to prevent incrimination but when the soundsystem started EVERYBODY was upstairs. It was a mental mental night.

Clail and Stewart just ignored the limiters on the PA and just let it rip and rip it did, ripped the speakers to pieces by the end of the night. We had to pay to have the entire rig re-coned the next day. In the end even after those unexpected expenses we still made a small amount from Amnesty International

Anyway, this album isn't a perfect facsimilie of those Sound System gigs but it is the closest artifact that exists and it will never fail to remind me of that fantastic night! F***ing Mental is the only way to describe it

It has now prompted a conversation that involves drunken escapades with Mark Stewart and The Men They Couldn't Hang in a pub in Liverpool we used to get a lock in at (which I'd completely forgotten about until tonight) including Paul Simmonds of TMTCH being found the next morning asleep in a hedge

R-7233229-1482175744-4224.jpeg.jpg

Â