What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Ghost-Prequelle.jpg?fit=700,700

Prequelle by Ghost

This album is just brilliant. It launched a few hours ago and I've already listened to it in full a few times, I will likely listen to it another 50 times by the time the weekend is over. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daweii said:

Prequelle by Ghost

This album is just brilliant. It launched a few hours ago and I've already listened to it in full a few times, I will likely listen to it another 50 times by the time the weekend is over. 

Listening to it right now! The best satanic Swedish black metal/pop crossover album ever (and given how good Meloria and Infestissumam were that is saying something).

I understand why many metal-heads consider Ghost to be too lightweight and too gimmicky but, you know what, they are just wrong.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Listening to it right now! The best satanic Swedish black metal/pop crossover album ever (and given how good Meloria and Infestissumam were that is saying something).

I understand why many metal-heads consider Ghost to be too lightweight and too gimmicky but, you know what, they are just wrong.

I would add, though, that i would like it to have a darker heart to it - it is missing a tune like Cirice I reckon, something that is heavy and majestic enough for their image.

Still a great album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I would add, though, that i would like it to have a darker heart to it - it is missing a tune like Cirice I reckon, something that is heavy and majestic enough for their image.

Still a great album.

That's my only issue with it right now. I adore all the tracks right now, but as it went on I was hoping for another "heavier/darker" track as 'Faith' is the only track on this album that truly delivers that here. The rest tackle darker themes, but they do it in an ABBA, almost Blue Oyster Cult kinda way which is unique for sure, but another darker or heavier track wouldn't have hurt I don't think. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Daweii said:

Prequelle by Ghost

**** great isn’t it. Best album I’ve heard in a long while. Dug the headphones out tonight and have gone full on Leemond style listening to it on loop. Not a bad track on it for me. I think what’s misleading in terms of wishing for one more dark track is that there are two full length instrumental songs on it plus with an intro track kicking things off only leaves 7 ‘proper’ songs but as a whole continuous listening experience the album is absolutely perfect.

Normally I’d pick out tracks to highlight but they are all absolutely sublime. Ashes is the only ‘non’ track but the way it leads into Rats just gets me air drumming every **** time.

10/10. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

**** great isn’t it. Best album I’ve heard in a long while. Dug the headphones out tonight and have gone full on Leemond style listening to it on loop. Not a bad track on it for me. I think what’s misleading in terms of wishing for one more dark track is that there are two full length instrumental songs on it plus with an intro track kicking things off only leaves 7 ‘proper’ songs but as a whole continuous listening experience the album is absolutely perfect.

Normally I’d pick out tracks to highlight but they are all absolutely sublime. Ashes is the only ‘non’ track but the way it leads into Rats just gets me air drumming every **** time.

10/10. 

Just ordered clear/red splash vinyl of this.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just ordered clear/red splash vinyl of this.

Good man! What a band. Complete change from Opus/Infest to Pop Rock but still as **** awesome. Proper Air/Karaoke album this one. People are going to laugh next to me in traffic dramatically belting this out in the car on my way to work ?

Witch Image and See the Light are proper arena chorus tracks!

• Like 1

If any of you haven't seen them (Ghost) live, then I can highly recommend it as they are always excellent and Tobias is a great front man. I'm kinda glad I've seen them a fair few times over the years (been into them since the first album) as I reckon it won't be long until they outgrow the smaller venues and start playing the more soulless stadiums. Their rise has been pretty meteoric and looks set to continue.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

If any of you haven't seen them (Ghost) live, then I can highly recommend it as they are always excellent and Tobias is a great front man. I'm kinda glad I've seen them a fair few times over the years (been into them since the first album) as I reckon it won't be long until they outgrow the smaller venues and start playing the more soulless stadiums. Their rise has been pretty meteoric and looks set to continue.

Saw them in Brum last year, great gig. I'd previously ignored them, assuming they were shouty/screamo metal which I don't like. Then I heard Square Hammer and took a bit more interest ;)

• Like 1

Â