What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Let me know what you think of the Little Axe @bickster, it's on my long list, but I'm all spent out at the moment!

I can tell you now, been a fan for years. Its great (and its been out since Oct 2017)

The vinyl version is a Ltd Edition of 999, not sure when that came out

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

I can tell you now, been a fan for years. Its great (and its been out since Oct 2017)

Yeah, it's a weird one on release dates. My local shop issues its list of 'new releases' and every week for 30 years I forget what they actually mean is 'the stock that came in this week'. The buggers.

• Haha 1

Ultra thick card sleeve, heavyweight vinyl, with a poster. Never heard of these til last week, amazing LP. Wish I'd got an original as they command thousands!

Just now, rjw63 said:

Ultra thick card sleeve, heavyweight vinyl, with a poster. Never heard of these til last week, amazing LP. Wish I'd got an original as they command thousands!

It's an OK album, but you can tell they're trying to be Led Zep-meets-Free, and it all comes off a bit 'second division' to me. I'd put Stray in the same category. 

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Try the Stonewall LP.

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's an OK album, but you can tell they're trying to be Led Zep-meets-Free, and it all comes off a bit 'second division' to me. I'd put Stray in the same category. 

I love this kinda stuff, especially as it's "new" to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Not a single copy currently on Discogs

Aye - It has a chequered history. The original label Tiger Lily was a tax wheeze. There's been a string of rereleases, including by Akarma, but the title has always struggled with legitimacy.

When Discogs dropped sales of the unofficial, they will have mostly evaporated.

There's one LP on Amazon, it says it's Tiger Lily, but somehow I doubt that. More likely Akarma or Kismet.

It's a proper killer though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xann said:

Try the Stonewall LP.

Can get it on eBay but it's in 'Murica, the postage is more than the album

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

DI6yDDW.jpg

Good stuff rob. I noticed they had this LP in my local record shop the last time I went in. As Mooney said, it is a bit second rate compared to some of the great bands from that era, but I love the kinda unknown heavy bands that you come across just by chance. There are some right gems out there. 

• Like 2

The reason I went to buy vinyl yesterday. RSD Ltd edition clear vinyl repress of Creation Rebel’s first album Dub From Creation. First time it’s been available on vinyl since it’s original Hitrun release in 1978. The original sells for shitloads. (Cheapest on Discogs atm is £50 and that’s with a very worn sleeve) Now released on On-U Sound ( Hitrun was its predecessor). Wanted a copy of this for over 35 years, it doesn’t disappoint 

47431526-968D-45C8-96C1-B8EA7B62D70C.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Digital version until i get home but this is waiting for me there & will call in to grab the new Belly album on the way home too :)

Pcj2rYf.jpg

Never heard of 'em, but a nice looking disc :)

Â