What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I thought that might raise a few eyebrows. I didn't say I liked it, just that I was playing it.  :)

bought it from a charity shop for the princely sum of one Pound, purely because I liked the cover. 

But it's OK - in parts. I will always have a problem with music based on drum loops (which are an abomination), but I can hear bits of Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, Weather Report and Mike Oldfield in there. I quite like "Travelling Man" and "Return to Patagonia". 

Never heard of the bloody thing, but because I liked the cover, and the fact you'd been playing it, I thought I'd give it a quick listen on my dinner break. On the right day in the right mood, it's not bad. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never heard of the bloody thing, but because I liked the cover, and the fact you'd been playing it, I thought I'd give it a quick listen on my dinner break. On the right day in the right mood, it's not bad. 

This is it. Not really my sort of thing at all, but I quite enjoyed it while driving in the sunshine this morning. Public Service Broadcasting seem to tread similar ground. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

my tickets for the gig did arrive today

Yesterday for me, and tomorrow the new HMHB should be here, so a good music week all round.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yesterday for me, and tomorrow the new HMHB should be here, so a good music week all round.

Again on my, must go to town Sunday list for HMHB, oh and The Lovely Eggs tickets arrived earlier in the week

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah my HMHB CD should be here tomorrow. Can't bloody wait to hear Nigels new musings on life ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

just the title of the new HMHB album makes it worth a punt

Of their many brilliant titles, my fave is “trouble over bridgewater”

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

It doesn't disappoint, does it? Marvellous.

It's more immediate than Urge for Offal and 90 Bicodol with some very anthemic tunes throughout. Only gripe is Nigels lyrics are somewhat lost in the mix on a few tracks.

Fave so far is Man of Constant Sorrow (With A Garage In Constant Use).

It's all beautifully sardonic as usual.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Â