What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

12 minutes ago, Xann said:

Of course you like it - It sounds like the bastard child of Devin Townsend and Whitesnake :P

Thanks. I was intrigued enough by all these rave reviews to consider checking it out. You've just saved me the trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Thanks. I was intrigued enough by all these rave reviews to consider checking it out. You've just saved me the trouble. 

You won't like it, but do listen - The album's on Youtube - Quickly click through it - It's amusing and not deeply shit like purest Whitesnake.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Unlike books, many records you can judge by the cover

My eyes instantly filed it under don't bother

came with a freebie promo CD of other bands (limited to pre orders from the one shop I think)

so that's now on the usb for the little road trip I'll be on this afternoon

40862562800_95b82b8350.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Looks and sounds like some kind of jungle music. 

Well, if you mean jungle music in the way a 1950's parent means jungle music, something with a beat that the young folks 'dig', then you'd be right.

If you mean jungle music as in reggae, then unusually for you, you've strayed in to plain wrong cultural stereotyping you soap dodging heavy metal git.

Rhyl my arse. 

.....but whilst you're on - are you doing the Rolling Stones at Cardiff? I had half an idea you said you might?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, if you mean jungle music in the way a 1950's parent means jungle music, something with a beat that the young folks 'dig', then you'd be right.

If you mean jungle music as in reggae, then unusually for you, you've strayed in to plain wrong cultural stereotyping you soap dodging heavy metal git.

Punk/new wave revivalists. 

The singer looks like a young John Lennon. 

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Punk/new wave revivalists. 

The singer looks like a young John Lennon. 

It’s ironical, but singing is probably his weakest point. He’s most often a drummer (including for Charlotte Church), he also does guitar and bass.
I’ve seen him in any number of bands locally, and he’s most often the star player whatever position they play him in.

He's been cursed so far with recorded material not transmitting what you get from the live gigs.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Rhyl my arse. 

.....but whilst you're on - are you doing the Rolling Stones at Cardiff? I had half an idea you said you might?

Thought about it, but no. With everything involved we'd be looking at £500 just to watch a gig. I would like to see them though. 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought about it, but no. With everything involved we'd be looking at £500 just to watch a gig. I would like to see them though. 

Could be worse, you could have paid that to see Jay-ZZZZzzzzz and Beyondsay at least the Stones would have been giving some pensioners Retirement Home assistance :crylaugh:

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Could be worse, you could have paid that to see Jay-ZZZZzzzzz and Beyondsay at least the Stones would have been giving some pensioners Retirement Home assistance :crylaugh:

They've got another 30 years left in 'em yet .

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Heh i met 2 guys on the train down to Jay-ZZZZzzzzz and Beyondsay who had been to the stones the night before, £400 a ticket for "premium standing" + £52 booking fee for print at home tickets, that was face value, not viagogo or stubhub shite. The gold circle (basically pitch standing stage side of the halfway line) tickets were £250 + £32.50.

I know people are apparently "buying experiences rather than items" now but the price of gigs is getting insane, Add in the £5-6 a drink, £10 for a crappy burger & £30-50 for a shirt £60-90 for a hoodie and its more expensive than going on holiday for a week if there are a couple of you going and you need somewhere to stay.

I have still got Nirvana, Radiohead & Oasis tickets at home from the 90's that range in price between £4-10

Edited by LakotaDakota

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You seem in a good mood bicks. Friday, and a few beers later? 

Indeed, two day metropolitan Reggae festival in Liverpool, leave work in half an hour, scoot home to get missus' prescription, dump the car at home and wayhey off to town I go

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Heh i met 2 guys on the train down to Jay-ZZZZzzzzz and Beyondsay who had been to the stones the night before, £400 a ticket for "premium standing" + £52 booking fee for print at home tickets, that was face value, not viagogo or stubhub shite. The gold circle (basically pitch standing stage side of the halfway line) tickets were £250 + £32.50.

I know people are apparently "buying experiences rather than items" now but the price of gigs is getting insane, Add in the £5-6 a drink, £10 for a crappy burger & £30-50 for a shirt £60-90 for a hoodie and its more expensive than going on holiday for a week if there are a couple of you going and you need somewhere to stay.

I have still got Nirvana, Radiohead & Oasis tickets at home from the 90's that range in price between £4-10

Not sure I'll ever go to a show at that price level. Simply not worth it

£40 for a two-day festival compared to that is more my style

• Like 2

Â