What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Youch!

Most of mine are sort of relegated to the garage now. Now the car doesn't take CD's it's pretty much a usb or full on vinyl. I've got a pouch of about 50 CD's without the cases somewhere in the house of stuff that might get a listen. Ironically, I've currently got the best CD player I've ever owned! It gets used about once a month.

The mix of CD's under that shelf was the kids stuff (Panic at the disco / 21 Pilots etc.), plus some of mine they've listened to just to check out 'old stuff' such as White Stripes. But then it doesn't go back down the garage until someone decides the house is mess.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Youch!

Most of mine are sort of relegated to the garage now. Now the car doesn't take CD's it's pretty much a usb or full on vinyl. I've got a pouch of about 50 CD's without the cases somewhere in the house of stuff that might get a listen. Ironically, I've currently got the best CD player I've ever owned! It gets used about once a month.

The mix of CD's under that shelf was the kids stuff (Panic at the disco / 21 Pilots etc.), plus some of mine they've listened to just to check out 'old stuff' such as White Stripes. But then it doesn't go back down the garage until someone decides the house is mess.

Oh I hardly ever touch them unless I buy a CD unavailable on vinyl, which is pretty rare these days, usually back catalogue stuff like 60's French pop

21 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Image result for stephen malkmus and the jicks sparkle hard

Always loved Pavement so have followed Stephen Malkmus' solo career. This is typically nicely quirky and mellow. 

Thought it was a bit dull apart from the duet with Kim Gordon, never was a fan of Pavement either though. Not bad just dull

Well it had to happen eventually. 

It's not bad by any means. His production is still peerless, the beats are still straight out of the top drawer, but there is just something missing this time.

Despite its brevity (7 tracks/25 mins) it lacks focus. There are tracks that could have ended up on Yeezus or TLOP and a despite the sprinkle of some Graduation-era magic here and there, it feels incomplete. Lyrically average, some decent lines here and there, but the Kanye you could quote all day is missing. 

If your gonna drop a 7 track album, they need to be 7 classics and he misses the mark with this. 

Ghost Town saves it. A ramshackle anthem that oozes soul, it's a magnificent track, that wets the appetite for the joint album with Kid Cudi which drops next week. 

7/10 

6D17C2AD-3C95-40E0-8939-511FAD947CE3-3434-000002CEA70C144A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Drops? 

It's a relatively new term, they use it on the radio all the time.

In our day it would be "released".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Well it had to happen eventually. 

It's not bad by any means. His production is still peerless, the beats are still straight out of the top drawer, but there is just something missing this time.

Despite its brevity (7 tracks/25 mins) it lacks focus. There are tracks that could have ended up on Yeezus or TLOP and a despite the sprinkle of some Graduation-era magic here and there, it feels incomplete. Lyrically average, some decent lines here and there, but the Kanye you could quote all day is missing. 

If your gonna drop a 7 track album, they need to be 7 classics and he misses the mark with this. 

Ghost Town saves it. A ramshackle anthem that oozes soul, it's a magnificent track, that wets the appetite for the joint album with Kid Cudi which drops next week. 

7/10 

6D17C2AD-3C95-40E0-8939-511FAD947CE3-3434-000002CEA70C144A.jpeg

Yeah I've given it a few listens.

First listen my reaction was "what the **** is this?". But my reaction to any album is always average on the first listen.

After a few more listens I think it's ok. Doesn't really feel like an album. Seems way too short. And there's nothing on there that jumps out as a really good track. Like you say, Ghost Town is the highlight by far. Which is good, but it doesn't seem all that great.

It gets a solid meh/10 from me. 

Hoping for much better things from the Kid Cudi collaboration.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2018 at 10:52, bickster said:

mines better than yours

Not seeing them on the website, but Wilko's did a good range of media storage boxes instore.

q5KbLvu.jpg?1

These are great for CD slips.

There were DVD and perhaps both common vinyl sizes too? Bit sketchy on that tbh?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

Not seeing them on the website, but Wilko's did a good range of media storage boxes instore.

q5KbLvu.jpg?1

These are great for CD slips.

There were DVD and perhaps both common vinyl sizes too? Bit sketchy on that tbh?

What a coincidence - I was only talking to the OH tonight about relegating this little lot (and the other, more ramshackle pile in the spare bedroom) to under-the-bed storage. Thanks for the tipoff!

dFGQMbt.jpg

• Like 1

4 days on and I’ve listened to Prequelle now in its entirety probably about 10 times. Faith has become my favourite track. It’s blistering. One day I’ll get tired of listening to this album. For now though it’s firmly my favourite LP. Like Chindie said, it’s just such a fun album. 

Anyone on the fence or unsure just give it a go, it’s pretty much just heavy pop music. I’ve gotten my brother to but it too and he loves it. Really accessible stuff but polished to high heaven and I promise you’ll be singing along while doing your washing up doing your best frontman wiggles and leg dancing moves. It’s bloody great. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

About the only things I don't like about Prequelle both relate to Dance Macabre. The lyrics using  'be wit-chu/bewitch you' sounds really awkward and almost like an outright parody. I get it's a pun but it sounds shite.

And then the 'Instagram video' for it is horrible. Hey look it's famous people (generally - I've no idea who a few of them are) listening to our song! Cool! Kirk Hammett looks like he'd rather be shot than be on film for another second, and doesn't even seem to be listening to the song. And then all becomes clear when he casually holds his ESP guitar for no reason in such a way the logo is clearly seen.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

About the only things I don't like about Prequelle both relate to Dance Macabre. The lyrics using  'be wit-chu/bewitch you' sounds really awkward and almost like an outright parody. I get it's a pun but it sounds shite.

And then the 'Instagram video' for it is horrible. Hey look it's famous people (generally - I've no idea who a few of them are) listening to our song! Cool! Kirk Hammett looks like he'd rather be shot than be on film for another second, and doesn't even seem to be listening to the song. And then all becomes clear when he casually holds his ESP guitar for no reason in such a way the logo is clearly seen.

But made up for by Chris Jericho and Aleister Black appearing in it. I love how Phil Anselmo looks like he couldn’t give less of a **** about what’s going on. Kirks always a goofy bastard in everything, he was in the Funko doc on Netflix and was super awkward in that too.

On 01/06/2018 at 23:44, rjw63 said:

Just ordered clear/red splash vinyl of this.

Of course you like it - It sounds like the bastard child of Devin Townsend and Whitesnake :P

• Haha 1

Â