• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Coyle, each and every one of us would have given him a piggy back from Bolton to Brum during January if we thought we could have signed him up.

So what's changed? He's an amazing manager who plays some quite brilliant football.

As the situation stands, i'd now have him as my first choice.

"each and every one of us would"?!?

I think you'll find I was not one of them.. and will not be one of them.

The point is, about 6 months ago, Coyle was being touted as an ideal although unrealistic target for us.

The general feeling towards potentially appointing him has gone from 80% in favour of, to the exact opposite.

Genuinly dont understand people being negative about one of the best young managers in the British game.

Because he is still unproven he's had a good spell with Bolton but also a spell when they have been out of form which saw them finish 14th ...he'll have to be more proven to be in contention for Villa job, just like Martinez.

Fair enough, but i dont think anyone could deny that he's had a massively positive effect on Bolton, particularly considering the state they were in before he arrived.

It's a about choices. Coyle represents a manager who does still have a lot to learn, but is Young, on the way up and would see us as a step up.

Benitez is a manager who has done it all, made the mistakes etc, but might view us as a last resort. He is undoubtedly a manager on the way down, which could be a good thing, or could be a bad thing.

Moyes is fairly ideal, but I dont think it'll happen.

On the subject of Coyle, each and every one of us would have given him a piggy back from Bolton to Brum during January if we thought we could have signed him up.

So what's changed? He's an amazing manager who plays some quite brilliant football.

As the situation stands, i'd now have him as my first choice.

"each and every one of us would"?!?

I think you'll find I was not one of them.. and will not be one of them.

The point is, about 6 months ago, Coyle was being touted as an ideal although unrealistic target for us.

The general feeling towards potentially appointing him has gone from 80% in favour of, to the exact opposite.

Genuinly dont understand people being negative about one of the best young managers in the British game.

Because he is still unproven he's had a good spell with Bolton but also a spell when they have been out of form which saw them finish 14th ...he'll have to be more proven to be in contention for Villa job, just like Martinez.

Fair enough, but i dont think anyone could deny that he's had a massively positive effect on Bolton, particularly considering the state they were in before he arrived.

It's a about choices. Coyle represents a manager who does still have a lot to learn, but is Young, on the way up and would see us as a step up.

Benitez is a manager who has done it all, made the mistakes etc, but might view us as a last resort. He is undoubtedly a manager on the way down, which could be a good thing, or could be a bad thing.

Moyes is fairly ideal, but I dont think it'll happen.

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for McClaren? I didn't feel he was the right fit for the job either but some of the comments about him have got quite personal and regardless of what people think of him it must be difficult whenever he is linked with a job in his home country to get the kind of reaction he does.

Valhalla has a mate ! (or a fake account)

Just more people seeing the light smetrov.

LOL - I hope you stick around - even if your hero doesn't end up at VP

Well I have heard it's a done deal. It's a **** joke I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR LERNER

he has not got a clue!!!

Rafa is shit. He finished 7th with **** Liverpool and got sacked. That says it all !!!

I can hear the holte end now

YOUR JUST A FAT SPANISH WAITER

Grow up!

He also won the CL and also got to another final and not forgetting the second place finish with an amount of points that would have won the league any other year.

Exactly.........won the CL with by far the weakest set of players ever to have won the CL (Baros up front?!). And he finished 2nd in the league with only 2 or 3 really good players in his squad. He surely would be the more likely to take us on to another level than a Hughes or Moyes who would never get us above 6th or 7th?

Bring him in, get behind him.

Its Benitez for me. Just get over the Liverpool & Barry thing, please. He has an excellent CV with a European reputation, and has performed with big clubs at the right end of the table in England (nearly won the prem), Italy (good spell, difficult to follow Mourinho) and Spain (a winner here), done very well in European competitions, has a wealth of Premiership experience, importantly won at the highest level football offers. I respect Moyes, but Rafa makes him look like novice.

Trust me, if you put your petty club v club nonsense away, he is the outstanding candidate by far, everyone else is a distant second. Rafa is as good as we can hope for as a club, and the sooner it happens the better.

Owen Coyle LMAO. :lol::lol:

Look up the word ambition in a dictionary.

The man in line to replace Arsene Wenger.

So surely as he's been lined up to replace Wenger (and how you know that is just as amazing as the statement) then he would use us as a stepping stone and **** off after a year or two.