• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for McClaren? I didn't feel he was the right fit for the job either but some of the comments about him have got quite personal and regardless of what people think of him it must be difficult whenever he is linked with a job in his home country to get the kind of reaction he does.

Valhalla has a mate ! (or a fake account)

I just don't get the anger mate...if you don't want him then that's understandable and a fair reaction (I think it would be a mistake aswell). I just think some people on this board at times get what I call "Angry Nerd Syndrome". It's easy to sit behind a computer and launch quite personal and unjustified attacks but alot of people seem to not be able to back up these claims with a valid reason and just spout tabloid slogans about him being "wally with the brolly"

McClaren is a cracking coach. On the continent where someone else buys his players, brilliant, but in the Premier League where he has to identify his own talent..... Massimo Maccarone, Chris Riggott, Michael Ricketts.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for McClaren? I didn't feel he was the right fit for the job either but some of the comments about him have got quite personal and regardless of what people think of him it must be difficult whenever he is linked with a job in his home country to get the kind of reaction he does.

Valhalla has a mate ! (or a fake account)

Just more people seeing the light smetrov.

Please god not Benitez. Just look at the mess he left at Liverpool despite the money he spent. Just awful.

Coyle please, lets give the job to someone with a successful track record and a good eye in the transfer market. Hasn't failed anywhere, and his sides play passing football.

On the subject of Coyle, each and every one of us would have given him a piggy back from Bolton to Brum during January if we thought we could have signed him up.

So what's changed? He's an amazing manager who plays some quite brilliant football.

As the situation stands, i'd now have him as my first choice.

"each and every one of us would"?!?

I think you'll find I was not one of them.. and will not be one of them.

The point is, about 6 months ago, Coyle was being touted as an ideal although unrealistic target for us.

The general feeling towards potentially appointing him has gone from 80% in favour of, to the exact opposite.

Genuinly dont understand people being negative about one of the best young managers in the British game.

He is not good enough to take us to the next level. He has found his level that he works well in no dount

Mediocre football at mediocre teams with little ambition.

What Lerner needs to do is go large and get van Gaal to transform the club from top 8 to top 4.

MON is a much better manager than Coyle and he couldnt do it, you need that extra bit of class like Alex Ferguson, van Gaal, Mourinho, Hitzfeld etc all have.

If we are all happy with Villa having a decent cup run and just missing out on Europe then fine go for Coyle.

I am not content with that to be honest are you ???

Steve McClaren has been ruled out of the running for the Aston Villa manager's job, BBC Sport understands.

"McClaren has been told that at no point will he be interviewed," said BBC Radio 5 live Midlands football correspondent Pat Murphy.

"Owner Randy Lerner was influenced by the negative reactions of some Villa supporters on various fans forums and cancelled Thursday's meeting with him."

Rafael Benitez is favourite to take over from Gerard Houllier.

Villa are looking for a new manager after Frenchman Houllier quit in early June citing health reasons. The 63-year-old, who was in charge for only nine months, had missed the final month of the season because of heart problems.

"I understand Benitez is firmly in the frame for the Villa job but [former Fulham manager] Mark Hughes isn't," added Murphy.

Welshman Hughes resigned in June after less than a year in charge at Craven Cottage and has subsequently been linked with the vacant positions at Villa and Chelsea.

Former Liverpool boss Benitez has been out of work since he was dismissed by Italian side Inter Milan in December after six months in charge.

McClaren, 50, was sacked by German side Wolfsburg in February and is thought to be keen on a return to managing in England.

He was in charge of Middlesbrough for five years before he was given the task of helping England to qualify for Euro 2008. However, after stepping up from his role of assistant boss following the departure of Sven-Goran Eriksson, he failed to guide England to the tournament in Switzerland and Austria and was consequently sacked.

His next full-time role was at FC Twente, where he guided the club to the Dutch title for the first time in their history, before leaving for Wolfsburg in May 2010.

If Randy is reading these forums then he'll never appoint a new manager we all like, apart from carlo & moyes are the only 2 we mostly agree on

I'd imagine it was as a result of the comments posted on the generals thread, not to mention the chuffing great banner outside BH!!

Not ITK, it's more of just a hunch than anything....I think the bookies are going to suspend betting on the manager's job at Villa in the next couple of hours, just you watch! :detect:

You mean like they do every evening?

1222308763509.jpg

:bonk:

Maybe we are signing FSW after all we have opened that new restaurant....

Funny you should say that, i called Monday to book a table for 4 and i was told they had a private function on and they were fully booked>>it just so happens that CA is 52 this Friday>>there again it could be Youngs, Downings Dunne and King Carlos farewell party.