• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Coyle, but not at VP, not yet.

What he did at Burnley is comparable with Phil Brown and Holloway... they just didn't jump ship whilst things were rosy. What he's done with Bolton is solid, but nothing special yet.

Anyone else bracing themselves for a really shit appointment like Coyle or Martinez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain how these are shit please?

Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa and had a vision to take us to the champions league.

He had a five year plan that involved Martin O'Neill, it back fired and we fell just short.

Next he bought in Houllier who had a plan to change the ethos and the way Villa played. He had alot to change in his first season and would hev done well if he was fit to continue.

Houllier was the right idea, now he had to go and get somebody that could continue what Gerard had started. rebuliding the sqaud who had knowledge of Europe who could work with youth and who had vast experience and knowledge in doing that. van Gaal was probably never on his radar and I doubt he has ever heard of him.

Coyle started well with Bolton had them in 6th then they completly crumbled got spanked in the biggest game in the clubs history and Martinez is a quitly spoken nice man who keeps Wigan 5th from bottom year in year out.

Coyle and Martinez smack of lack of ambition so ifts either of them sit back and enjoy mid table seasons. Please tell me who Coyle and Martinez are going to attract to Villa Park?? Martin Petrov and Hugo Rodallega lol

Coyle took Bolton to a semi final with a poor side (missing his best player - Sturridge) and lost. What a tosser eh? .... Didnt O'Neill do the same!?!?

Coyle will not be able to convince our best players to stay with us. He will not bring in foreign gems.

It will be another long 5 year "project" with no real guarantee of any actual success.

I hope this gets resolved soon. As much as I love all the speculation it's starting to get into my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was just trying to convince Ancelotti to come to Villa over Arsenal and Man U. :shock:

On the subject of Coyle, each and every one of us would have given him a piggy back from Bolton to Brum during January if we thought we could have signed him up.

So what's changed? He's an amazing manager who plays some quite brilliant football.

As the situation stands, i'd now have him as my first choice.

"each and every one of us would"?!?

I think you'll find I was not one of them.. and will not be one of them.

The point is, about 6 months ago, Coyle was being touted as an ideal although unrealistic target for us.

The general feeling towards potentially appointing him has gone from 80% in favour of, to the exact opposite.

Genuinly dont understand people being negative about one of the best young managers in the British game.

He is not good enough to take us to the next level. He has found his level that he works well in no dount

Mediocre football at mediocre teams with little ambition.

What Lerner needs to do is go large and get van Gaal to transform the club from top 8 to top 4.

MON is a much better manager than Coyle and he couldnt do it, you need that extra bit of class like Alex Ferguson, van Gaal, Mourinho, Hitzfeld etc all have.

If we are all happy with Villa having a decent cup run and just missing out on Europe then fine go for Coyle.

I am not content with that to be honest are you ???

He's succeeded everywhere he's been. His teams do not play mediocre football, if you think that you've clearly never watched them, both Burnley and Bolton play very attractive football.

Coyle also seems to improve all different abilities of players whenever he coaches them, a quality MoN had too.

KHV, the managers you quote we need are ridiculous choices considering the limited spending budget we need to put into place to reduce the debt.

van Gaal is renowned for using youth and academy players.

Look at what he did with Ajax and Alkmaar. Coyle will get us nowhere apart from exactly where we are.

Im starting to think we should get a second medical opinion on GH and let him continue what he started

Anyone else bracing themselves for a really shit appointment like Coyle or Martinez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain how these are shit please?

Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa and had a vision to take us to the champions league.

He had a five year plan that involved Martin O'Neill, it back fired and we fell just short.

Next he bought in Houllier who had a plan to change the ethos and the way Villa played. He had alot to change in his first season and would hev done well if he was fit to continue.

Houllier was the right idea, now he had to go and get somebody that could continue what Gerard had started. rebuliding the sqaud who had knowledge of Europe who could work with youth and who had vast experience and knowledge in doing that. van Gaal was probably never on his radar and I doubt he has ever heard of him.

Coyle started well with Bolton had them in 6th then they completly crumbled got spanked in the biggest game in the clubs history and Martinez is a quitly spoken nice man who keeps Wigan 5th from bottom year in year out.

Coyle and Martinez smack of lack of ambition so ifts either of them sit back and enjoy mid table seasons. Please tell me who Coyle and Martinez are going to attract to Villa Park?? Martin Petrov and Hugo Rodallega lol

Coyle took Bolton to a semi final with a poor side (missing his best player - Sturridge) and lost. What a tosser eh? .... Didnt O'Neill do the same!?!?

Holden was their best player and he was missing too.

This is **** silly. I know it takes a long time to appoint a manager but we're going all out to be linked with every manager going before we actually sign someone.

Moyes - Has to be. It's taking ages because we are negotiating a severance package with Everton...

bahahahaha

have we all read this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13704421.stm

"McClaren has been told that at no point will he be interviewed," said BBC Radio 5 live Midlands football correspondent Pat Murphy.

"Owner Randy Lerner was influenced by the negative reactions of some Villa supporters on various fans forums and cancelled Thursday's meeting with him."

I hope this gets resolved soon. As much as I love all the speculation it's starting to get into my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was just trying to convince Ancelotti to come to Villa over Arsenal and Man U. :shock:

How was you trying to convince him?

**** me, I run to the shop for some milk having just learned that we've spoken to Rafa and by the time I get back he's been ruled out! Madness!

Starting to think the eventual appointment is going to be someone completely out of left field. McClaren's been ruled out, as has Rafa, as has Hughes, Ancelotti's ruled himself out, all I know is that the bookies must be making a killing!

The club probrably have advisors that are aged 60+ and quite frankly havnt the faintest idea of the modern game.

Barcelona are turning Manchester United inside out, its just an isight to how far we have to travel as a club to ever be successful again. Yet names like Coyle and Martinez will never get us nowhere near those levels.

If the club have any ambition what so ever we need to go all out and bring Rijkaard to the club. I would have loved Deschamps but Rijkaard can do a similar job of moving the club MASSIVELY forward.. He is manager thats "in touch" with Barca and the modern game...He "knows" what is required to get to that level, he knows the calibre of players required, he knows what level the youngsters need to aspire too. He will raise to the ambitions(if they have them) of the board..

Of course we can just plod along for the next 10 years and hire Moyes, Hughes, Coyle and co'.. We may win the odd League Cup.