• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I hope this gets resolved soon. As much as I love all the speculation it's starting to get into my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was just trying to convince Ancelotti to come to Villa over Arsenal and Man U. :shock:

And ...did you succeed ?

If not we know who to blame lads !

Outsiders

Walter Smith

Raneri

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky trying to make it sound like all their earlier reports were spot on....

that we've held preliminary talks today to sound out Rafa, but he didn't agree with the budget on offer,

so we've moved onto different targets.

BRMB have been saying all day Rafa wasn't one of the candidates!

Yesterday it was Steve McClaren was odds on favourite to be our next manager.

I hope this gets resolved soon. As much as I love all the speculation it's starting to get into my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was just trying to convince Ancelotti to come to Villa over Arsenal and Man U. :shock:

How was you trying to convince him?

Can't remember now. All I remember is that it was over dinner. :lol:

**** me, I run to the shop for some milk having just learned that we've spoken to Rafa and by the time I get back he's been ruled out! Madness!

Starting to think the eventual appointment is going to be someone completely out of left field. McClaren's been ruled out, as has Rafa, as has Hughes, Ancelotti's ruled himself out, all I know is that the bookies must be making a killing!

any remotely reliable source that we've ACTUALLY spoken to benitez?

or anyone?

I'll wear a SHA shirt in the upper holte if it's Martinez or Coyle - That's how confident It wont be either of them.

I'll take a dump and wipe my arse on it after before throwing it in the Tilton Rd... :D

Just lumped £100 on Ancelotti on William Hill at 33-1

Yep been bettin on Carlo over the last few days myself.

He keeps going out to about 50/1 then as the managers are ruled out he slowly moves back in.

Got a tenner on him at 44/1 just as the news of Rafa not coming broke. Was 9/1 on betfair when I last checked.

I think we're all in for a suprise and hopefully I'm in for about 2 grand...

So within minutes, McLaren and Rafa ruled out. Who the **** is it gonna be? It better not be Roberto Martinez. He hasn't done anything worthy other than avoid relegation. DO NOT WANT.

Clough had won nothing when he went to Derby. Crap Manager. Dalglish had won nothing when he went to Liverpool (first time). Fergie had won nothing when he went to Aberdeen.

This 'they have not won anything' logic is shit.

so why dont we appoint neil aspin, young ambitious manager of halifax town, who won the evostick league with a fantastic 98 points, winning 30 out of 42 games, only losing 4 games ?

because he is unproven.

why do you think the top managers cost alot of money and are wanted by all the top clubs, why is that then?

why have chelsea not snapped one of these managers up?

because if they were the next fergie or clough then dont you think chelsea would want him?

would you rather we signed liverpools ngog rather than older and more expensive darren bent?

why? young liverpool strikers like ian rush, dalglish, fowler, owen all from liverpool all were young and made it.

signing an unproven manager will cost aston villa on the pitch and off it.

you REALLY think players will want to stay? REALLY? bye bye bent, bye bye downing, bye bye anyone of any decent quality we have left.

and who will one of these managers attract to the club/?

the mind boggles, maybe some top quality players? hmmm, maybe not.. i know i know, maybe top premiership players? hmmm, champioship players? probably.

im not saying in the FUTURE they may become good or even top managers, i am saying they are not at the moment.

in 5 years time if they are great then there is nothing to stop us going for them then, as long as we have a good standing in the premier league.

and how will we keep a good standing?

by appointing a top manager.