• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

C'mon Learner says nothing but there are other people who work at Villa,do you all seriously think that nothing is ever going to get leaked out ? if not you need to wake up and get with the real world.....

I need to get with the real world? Coming from someone who is happy to believe what they read in the press? :shock:

yeah and your one of them conspiracy nut cases that need to be locked up!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Learner says nothing but there are other people who work at Villa,do you all seriously think that nothing is ever going to get leaked out ? if not you need to wake up and get with the real world.....

I need to get with the real world? Coming from someone who is happy to believe what they read in the press? :shock:

I know SSN has been a **** disgrace. I think within a 2 hour period, Rafa was being approached to, Rafa had the job to, Rafa turned the job down because of funds. **** me did they have a microphone in the interview room?

Remember my bloods claret and my veins are blue and i'm from Birmingham born and bred and still live here, a TRUE Villa fan..........

Congratulations, you win the internetz!

Remember my bloods claret and my veins are blue and i'm from Birmingham born and bred and still live here, a TRUE Villa fan..........

Congratulations, you win the internetz!

Ahh shit dude gotcha ! over and out,enjoy your day :D

Got to agree re: conspiracy theorists. All this nonsense about us giving duff info to put people off the scent is more than a little far fetched, it's bordering on the delusional.

I know MM referenced smoke and mirrors but I think what he actually means is potential red herrings. I.e. we are talking to the lesser managers but still pursuing our main targets.

Congrats! This calls for a party!

5433737739_9b644ecb6a.jpg

Seriously, whether you live in Birmingham England or Birmingham Alabama has no bearing on whether or not one believes that Villa is purposely throwing out crap ass info to feed the press or if employees can't keep their pie holes shut, or if agents of candidates or other team owners are leaking info from their end. Villa has not officially stated who their candidates are. There are no quotes from anyone at Villa with the authority to give a statement on behalf of the club. Sometimes a little info is dangerous info and fuels the speculation.

I'm glad everything is so crazy. It allows me to hold onto the possibility of Carlo being appointed! It's going to be a bumpy few more days!

The impatience on here is ridiculous. Our search for a new boss is not a 'laughing stock', 'ridiculous', 'epic' or 'going to go on all summer'. The reason it seems like this is that people are checking the news on forums, twitter, odds, etc every 5 minutes because they're excited about what's going to happen. We can't stop news outlets from creating rumours, all the club can do is be careful not to make any official statements or give away silly interviews to people - and they haven't. The rest is mere speculation and if you're getting angry with the club for doing or not doing things that have been merely reflected on sky sports tickers, you're a fool.

In the REAL world, the time from Houllier to interviews has been just about right, given manager's availability, the range of candidates we're looking at the thought that any villa fan would want to go into the process. It's not like we're sitting here on the Thursday with no sign of Randy - he's here and the interviews are being concluded soon.

Personally, Martinez would be brave and good for us. He's a smart man, with the Catalan style in his head that we've all secretly yearned for. We don't just want results - MON showed us that. We want style and we'll get it with this guy. Yes, he might not be the man to get us to the promised land, but he could start a legacy in playing football that another man could take on. If we've not got a massive money pot, we'll need someone who can spot a player. Think of Swansea getting promoted under Brendan Rodgers - I'm pretty sure that's the first of his legacies reaching fruition.

just woke up after having a right old nightmare

i dreamt we were linked with yet another manager who is not good enough

this time it was martinez, a manager with a win record of 26%, a manager who took wigan from 11th under the talented steve bruce down to 16th in his first season and then showing a little consistancy, kept them 16th.

i know it is just an interview but do people think this sends a message to the players that we cant attract any top managers and are scraping the barrel when it comes to who we can employ?

if i wanted to employ someone, i would paper sift first and the crap woudlnt be getting my time, so how on gods earth can martinez be getting an interview?

he has done nothing, achieved nothing, won nothing, proved nothing.

im now wondering if this is some ploy to get rid of each and every player a villa on decent wages? i genuinely cant see downing staying, bent staying, makoun staying.

the youngsters would be happy as all the seniour players will have left taking their big wages with them, leaving the door open for them to play

in the championship

unless it is purely in an assistant managers role, i think this is a red herring. randy gambling his entire villa money on someone who has one of the worst records in the premier league, i cant see him being such s retard as doing that.

hopefully the dream i had wont be a reoccurring one and we actually get in a top manager, other wise we will become a laughing stock, which it seems is already happening with the shit we are getting linked with