• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Not saying he is better but its got to the stage of "who wants the Villa job" ? we are getting desperate as each day goes and another manager turns us down,what is it ? is that Learner wants the club run on a tight budget ? i don't know but something aint right........

Of course, that is based on the assumptions you and other people have been fed through the media. The same media who, in all honesty, haven't got a **** clue about what's gone on behind closed doors in the past week.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight.

What we know is:

Randy sent Whelan a letter (!) last week (ie at least 6 days ago) asking for permission to speak to Martinez.

What we may or may not know is:

Martinez is returning from holiday, ostensibly for a job interview with Villa.

What we don't know is:

Whether talks have actually taken place between Villa and Martinez, and the conclusions drawn from said talks.

But what we are assuming is:

Martinez is the next Villa manager, Randy is clueless with no money or ambition, and the Titanic is sinking in the mayonnaise sea.

Did I get all that right?

Not saying he is better but its got to the stage of "who wants the Villa job" ? we are getting desperate as each day goes and another manager turns us down,what is it ? is that Learner wants the club run on a tight budget ? i don't know but something aint right........

Of course, that is based on the assumptions you and other people have been fed through the media. The same media who, in all honesty, haven't got a **** clue about what's gone on behind closed doors in the past week.

Yep. I bet Randy & co have know for a good couple of months that they may be replacing Houllier, and will have developed a list of names some time back. Now they're working through them. The press are just doing what they always do - guessing, and trying to sell papers.

Yep. I bet Randy & co have know for a good couple of months that they may be replacing Houllier, and will have developed a list of names some time back. Now they're working through them. The press are just doing what they always do - guessing, and trying to sell papers.

I really wish more people would understand this, particularly as this week has worn on. But people seem to be getting worse in drawing conclusions and taking as fact what is reported by the media. It's extremely frustrating.

In fairness to the media/newspapers though, it has worked a treat with us Villa fans I'm afraid to say.

Nah the media no nothing,nobody has turned down we have hundreds of millions to spend and all the top managers are queuing up to manage us or am i dreaming ? **** wake up ! it's Villa not **** Manchester Utd...

I really wish more people would understand this, particularly as this week has worn on. But people seem to be getting worse in drawing conclusions and taking as fact what is reported by the media. It's extremely frustrating.

In fairness to the media/newspapers though, it has worked a treat with us Villa fans I'm afraid to say.

True, the funniest thing was pages and pages of fans betting on Ancelotti and then thinking something was happening when the odds dropped. It makes me laugh sometimes.

Ive not panicked at all, i will judge the board on the new manager, not on who they might appoint. There still is no rush. I still think all in all, Mark Hughes is still the best suited man all in all. If he does a good enough job to go to United in 3 years then give him the job now.

So what youre saying dont believe the press in nothing they say where in fact they can feed good info like he JOL appointment from the independent.

Nah the media no nothing,nobody has turned down we have hundreds of millions to spend and all the top managers are queuing up to manage us or am i dreaming ? **** wake up ! it's Villa not **** Manchester Utd...

Sorry, when did I say "all the managers were queuing up" to manage us? I don't believe I did, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

You are right on one point though, the media know nothing. Feel free to keep believing the revolving headlines if it makes you happy though...

So what youre saying dont believe the press in nothing they say where in fact they can feed good info like he JOL appointment from the independent.

In all the press stories about the Villa manager, how many direct quotes have there been from Villa Park about the situation?

Let me get this straight.

What we know is:

Randy sent Whelan a letter (!) last week (ie at least 6 days ago) asking for permission to speak to Martinez.

What we may or may not know is:

Martinez is returning from holiday, ostensibly for a job interview with Villa.

What we don't know is:

Whether talks have actually taken place between Villa and Martinez, and the conclusions drawn from said talks.

But what we are assuming is:

Martinez is the next Villa manager, Randy is clueless with no money or ambition, and the Titanic is sinking in the mayonnaise sea.

Did I get all that right?

Yes, I think you're correct. So to summarize

What we know we know is Villa does not have a manager

What we know that we don't know is who will be the next manager

What we don't even know that we don't know because it's unknown is that Carlo would prefer a suit with the Villa crest hand stitched over the left breast pocket rather than the Villa tie that is on sale in the on-line store. See I didn't even know that I didn't know that!

I'm reading other places that some fans feel this process has become a joke or a farce but all that can be said about that is none of any of this is coming from Villa. The media get a name for some source and run a marathon with the name causing people to throw money on the name making the name the new favorite....sigh. The circus is media driven not club driven

True, the funniest thing was pages and pages of fans betting on Ancelotti and then thinking something was happening when the odds dropped. It makes me laugh sometimes.

Ive not panicked at all, i will judge the board on the new manager, not on who they might appoint. There still is no rush. I still think all in all, Mark Hughes is still the best suited man all in all. If he does a good enough job to go to United in 3 years then give him the job now.

Sounds like you bet wally with a brolly LOL

The Martin Jol appointment to Fulham was one of the most straight forward scenarios you are ever likely to see in football management. It was hardly breaking an exclusive, a monkey could have told you what was going to happen there.

I would say that you know nothing, like i know nothing, like the media know nothing (or very little at least).

I would also say that its you getting desperate not the Villa board and certainly not me, its only been a week ffs and in that time we've been turned down by all and sundry, i think you need to wake up mate, Lerner only flew into the country a couple of days ago.

God imagine some people on here if we wait a couple of weeks for the right man....

C'mon Learner says nothing but there are other people who work at Villa,do you all seriously think that nothing is ever going to get leaked out ? if not you need to wake up and get with the real world.....

Sounds like you bet wally with a brolly LOL

Was never gonna happen, i think i said it until i was blue in the face yesterday.

I would say that you know nothing, like i know nothing, like the media know nothing (or very little at least).

I would also say that its you getting desperate not the Villa board and certainly not me, its only been a week ffs and in that time we've been turned down by all and sundry, i think you need to wake up mate, Lerner only flew into the country a couple of days ago.

God imagine some people on here if we wait a couple of weeks for the right man....[/quote

I would say you sound really desperate for you to pipe up from nowhere,remember i'm not your mate and you are **** clueless..

C'mon Learner says nothing but there are other people who work at Villa,do you all seriously think that nothing is ever going to get leaked out ? if not you need to wake up and get with the real world.....

Yeah it was leaked out that Hughes was our new boss, then Ancelotti, then Benitez, then O'Neill, then Rijkaard, then McClaren, then Benitez again, then Martinez, then....

I don't think it's me who needs to live in the real world, but thanks for your concern anyway.

People working at the club running their mouths is not the club leaking info! It's employees that can't shut the hell up. Also some of what is floating out there can come from agents and mamas and daddies and granmammas bragging that their sons and grandsons have a job interview for all we know.

As far as i'm concerned any appointment now will be a decent one as the 2 i was dreading have been ruled out, Mclaren and Rafa.

Mclaren because i think he is a woeful manager and should have stayed as a number 2 and Rafa because i despise the fella and i'm sure Randy still has similar feelings to this after the Barry Saga and probably never even considered him!

I need to get with the real world? Coming from someone who is happy to believe what they read in the press? :shock: