• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Abysmal Appointment if it happens.

What has he done to deserve the AVFC Job, Wigan are fighting relegation every season? Sorry but for me this is the cheap option is Martinez likely to bring his backroom staff with him? I dont think so he's not likely to ask for vast transfer funds either and will work with what he's given and he will trim the wage bill down further are ambitions are no longer the top 6 if we appoint roberto. I can't see him attracting the calibre of players we need either.

We might play good football but if it isnt effective we wont win **** all his wigan side were not known for there good defending either considering the amount of goals we conceded last season this is a disaster

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mysteryman on H&V

Plan B.

Young hungry manager with prem experience who can create a dynasty aka Moyes who will continue the GH work is probably in their thinking .

THEY DONT EXIST!

Moyes, Hughes none of them have EVER built a dynasty..Why would they suddlently start to now? How are any of these managers well clued up on the untapped market? How have any of these managers ever proven to build on total football?

If you want to continue Houlliers work and have a young manager build a dynasty they should have appointed Deschamps...Yet because they are arsing about looking for "Premiership Experiance" they are losing out on such appointments..

The next one is Rijkaard, he can do the above...Young, carry on where Houllier left off, build a dynasty etc...But again,he may be over-looked because like Wenger, Fergie, Ancelotti, Mancini etc he would have NO Premierleague Experiance upon joining us :x

the only ridiculous post is yours.

everyone else is going on what he has done, you on the other hand have created a magical world of make believe where martinez despite showing no inclination of moulding a decent team, you have him crating a decent team and being successful over 10 years?

you ask what is wrong with getting a young manager and building over 10 years? nothing with a talented manager such as deschamps who has proved from the very start what he is capable of. no scratching around the relegation zone, no piss poor stats each and every season.

lets go back to reality , just for a second or two .. lets do the flip of what you suggest

whats wrong with giving it a go?

hmm

relegation? the good players leaving due to his cluelessness? fans stop going and showing the same lack of respect randy would have shown in the club by making such an appointment?

this isnt fantasy football where you can magically make a shit team great because you are young and enthusiastic. where just because youhave shown no success for the last 2 years making a team worse and almost getting them relegated they move to a larger club and BANG the dirt has gone.

i really do wonder sometimes about the real thoughts people have for villa, WANTING us to employ martinez or someone of his ilk to me shows either an under 16 year old who has no proper thinking or rational, a fantasist who thinks each and every 'young' manager will become fergie or not a fan at all

why do 'fans' under value the club so much they want us to crumble?

So some of the managers people now want were awesome were they when first starting out first years of their career?

We're not going to be getting ready made high quality managers and spend billions finishing 4th or above.

Its not going to happen.

No manager is perfect all managers are a risk, yet you seem to think that we will find the perfect manager with no risk and they will want to come.

Err what if they dont? We just keep shouting till they do?

Nobody is forgetting how poor he was last year, but some can see that things are worth a go.

Anyone mentioning signings is laughable, MON signed Harewood FFS!

Interesting how so many are prepared to state as facts that we will get relegated / will struggle / all the players will leave etc etc based on no facts other than prejudiced opinions.

Villa fans = the new Newcastle, move over Geordies here come a load more fans deluded than you lot

Very true.

The amount of girly footstomping going on in this thread is unbelievable.

problem is that too many think we are bigger than we actually are. when i mentioned to others that we were going for ancelotti, they laughed in my face. that is what we are now...as holloway said "used to be famous". we were never going to attract a big name, and IMO if we had, they would considered themselves bigger than the club.

Martinez will use this club as his big break. Somewhere where he can actually have funds to spend and a squad with talent FAR superior to anything he's managed before. It will be a challenge, sure, but every manager has to start somewhere.

I honestly think some people on here expected RL to go for Guardiola and Jose...

I think Martinez is obviously a talented manager, a really nice bloke and has a fair deal of charisma too. He did TV work for ESPN in America during the World Cup last year and came across as very intelligent and thoughtful in his analysis of the matches. He has the potential but it's a big jump for him to go from Wigan to us. Given time it could be a masterstroke but I'm not convinced he is ready. But if Moyes, Ancelotti, or Hughes are out of the running then he might be the best option we have. I'll support him but I thought we could have got a top class proven rather than one who has the potential to be top class.

Abysmal Appointment if it happens.

What has he done to deserve the AVFC Job, Wigan are fighting relegation every season? Sorry but for me this is the cheap option is Martinez likely to bring his backroom staff with him? I dont think so he's not likely to ask for vast transfer funds either and will work with what he's given and he will trim the wage bill down further are ambitions are no longer the top 6 if we appoint roberto. I can't see him attracting the calibre of players we need either.

We might play good football but if it isnt effective we wont win **** all his wigan side were not known for there good defending either considering the amount of goals we conceded last season this is a disaster

Do you work at VP Ash, you seem to know that he has been appointed and why, its obviously all bad as well!

I wouldnt be too unhappy with martinez to be honest

Moyes and Ancolotti-happy thinking but I think that was about it

Hughes-I would have been pretty happy about but then the fact that kia jorabchian (or whatever his name is) is involved with him put me off a bit

benitez-never ever liked the bloke cant stand him, saying that he would have demanded money attracted big name players and made transfer windows very exciting BUT he also signed a fair whack of shite and ultimately managed to get liverpool OUT of the big 4 (glad we didn't get him purely as I cant stand him)

Mclarren-...........................say no more

martinez-massive gamble could pay off could go tits up, i'm willing to give him a chance if he comes to us, fans would need to be patient with him

Interesting how so many are prepared to state as facts that we will get relegated / will struggle / all the players will leave etc etc based on no facts other than prejudiced opinions.

Villa fans = the new Newcastle, move over Geordies here come a load more deluded than you lot

Depressingly true.

:(

Martinez spent the majority of his playing days in England so could be the perfect combination of Spanish/euro style with a deeper understanding of the English game and players. He also had a spell playing for Walsall so is familiar with the area. I would imagine McAllister would be gone I think he would be open to working with Cowans and McDonald aswell as perhaps a more experienced assistant than Graeme Jones.

Still dreaming of Ancelotti but preparing to accept and support Martinez.

did you not notice the "if it happens" part.

put your pitchfork away.

Are you trying to be ironic?

How about IF he is appointed you give the bloke a chance before stringing him up?

There is a bonkers suggestion.

Well said, this habit of a section of villa fans being against every manager is getting extremely boring.

I think the more reasonable people who think before they post understand the idea of Martinez. Others just see it's not a big name and say it's crap before it's started.

The last trophy we won was the coca cola cup in 96. Last season we almost got relegated. Evidently we need to try something different.

problem is that too many think we are bigger than we actually are. when i mentioned to others that we were going for ancelotti, they laughed in my face. that is what we are now...as holloway said "used to be famous". we were never going to attract a big name, and IMO if we had, they would considered themselves bigger than the club.

Martinez will use this club as his big break. Somewhere where he can actually have funds to spend and a squad with talent FAR superior to anything he's managed before. It will be a challenge, sure, but every manager has to start somewhere.

I honestly think some people on here expected RL to go for Guardiola and Jose...

Yep after all the names we have been linked, most likely they have been asked but said no thank you.

Come on folks let's be positive. One candidates chances have already been scuppered by negative fan reaction. You know the Club monitor the boards.

Trust in the board, if they go for & get Martinez it's a great chance to build some stability & steadily develop the Club forward without a prima donna in charge.

I want a man who is proud to manage our great Club & not just after the next pay check. Give him a chance!

If it is Martinez i will reserve judgement. He manages the right way and he is hungry for success which is good. Remember Martinez started the type of football Swansea have been playing and, while not the strongest of squads, have come up to PL since.

Either way i fully expect someone to be in charge by the weekend

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of Martinez however not sold on him. I like the football he wants to play, and I think with the players we have it could be very very effective.

I just want to also say that if you are a true supporter you will get behind anyone we put in charge of the players. Yes you are entitled to an opinion but before he even manages a game for us, you are against him and thats **** up.