• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

No ambition - Rafas 60million was only telling the truth and is a realistic amount.

Lerner just wants mid table, we want to be winning things, not have a bank.

Where is Randy going to get 60m from? Get some **** common sense, money doesn't grow on trees.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ambition - Rafas 60million was only telling the truth and is a realistic amount.

Yes and amounts we simply can't afford yet.

By the way, where is this about Rafa £60 million, I haven't seen anything???

So lets get this right:

Carlo Ancelotti- Not interested - X

Mark Hughes - Randy doesn't want him - X

Steve Maclaren - Chances riuned by the fans reaction X

Martin Jol - Went to Fulham X

David Moyes - Not interested in Villa X

Rafa Benitez - Club wouldn't match his demands X

Roberto Martinez - Prefered to stay at Wigan :shock: X

So ... Who's left exactly?

Actually wasn't Claudio Ranieri mentioned in the Martinez article in the telegraph. I wouldn't mind Ranieri.

Throw in the 40 Million we will recieve for both Young and Downing, and it roughly equates to a kitty of 20m.

Champions league :oops:

Bye bye Downing, bye bye Young plus 20mil from Randy.

Bye bye Downing, bye bye Young plus 20 from Randy.

It's not as easy as that, it's not 'Football Manager' world.

Have you interviewed Martinez Risso? Has he been appointed yet? It's utter nonsense because it doesn't fit with your criteria of slagging him off, no doubt you'll pull out the accounts and start analysing them to have another stick to beat Randy with. What credentials did Little have to manage Villa? What about Gregory? What did Moyes do before Everton? You go on about Bruce, as mentioned the team he had of Valencia, Heskey, Nzogbia and Palacios, compared to what Martinez is working with. He's worked on a shoe string budget, bet you he's spent less than Bruce did. But hey continue your beating of Randy! You've been doing it for a few years and getting a bit boring.

Little too Darlington up two divisions, and got Leicester into the Premier League. And I'll criticise Randy as often as I like thanks, as I think he knows nothing about appointing sports managers.

I would like to see who Randy appoints before judging. But **** me does he has a slow and painful way of going about things.

Have you interviewed Martinez Risso? Has he been appointed yet? It's utter nonsense because it doesn't fit with your criteria of slagging him off, no doubt you'll pull out the accounts and start analysing them to have another stick to beat Randy with. What credentials did Little have to manage Villa? What about Gregory? What did Moyes do before Everton? You go on about Bruce, as mentioned the team he had of Valencia, Heskey, Nzogbia and Palacios, compared to what Martinez is working with. He's worked on a shoe string budget, bet you he's spent less than Bruce did. But hey continue your beating of Randy! You've been doing it for a few years and getting a bit boring.

Little too Darlington up two divisions, and got Leicester into the Premier League. And I'll criticise Randy as often as I like thanks, as I think he knows nothing about appointing sports managers.

Like how you ignore the other two!

The fact Randy was planning to interview Steve McClaren (before he cancelled it of ticket sales fear) and now Roberto Martinez (who hasn't proved anything to be at this club and will probably turn us down anyway which would be embarassing) is rather shocking. I also recall he turned down Rafa (a proven winner) because he asked for money so he could overhaul the squad. That's fair enough. It needs addressing.

So what's going on with Randy at the moment? Is this really "smoke and mirrors" or is this the best he can do?

If so, I'll go back to my original though that the the reason why Randy bought Bent was to protect his investment.

I'm sick of hearing people saying Randy is class. Yes, his respectable and makes people happy with his professional approach. But why anyone care about that? Our club comes first. Daniel Levy is a perfect example of a class act where he will do anything in his power for the club to achieve success. He sacked Ramos (who gave them a League Cup) due to underachiveing in the league and hired Redknapp (who gave them Champions League in the following season).

Bye bye Downing, bye bye Young plus 20 from Randy.

It's not as easy as that, it's not 'Football Manager' world.

Well with Young a dead cert for United, Liverpool paying 20million for Jordan Henderson, they would pay for for Downing too if not more.

'Villa in CL in 5 years'

Year 6 is coming up.........

I agree with Uncle_Jr seems we have given up

If we'd have bought Darren Bent I think we'd have done it as well, because 2 seasons under MON we went close to finishing in the top 4. Instead we got Heskey!

Not apportoning blame on that score of course, only MON and the club know why Bent wasn't signed. Maybe MON didn't fancy him, but after last season we all knew he could have been the missing link.

Then dont promise things to the supporters that you have no chance of delivering.

In other words, if you cant do the walk, dont do the talk. But if they did that, then season ticket sales will drop, and the bullshit weve been fed for the last 5 years, will come back and bite them on the arse....

Rijkaard, Ranieri, Klinnsmann, Hughes - all have pedigree - all have won something in the game as player or manager or both. Martinez has done nothing in his career, absolutely nothing. He just smiles a lot and says the right things - if he had took wigan down (which has nearly happened twice) would Randy be even considering this??