• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we know is Randy has asked to speak to Martinez, now Dave Whelan being the quoteathon blubber mouth has told the press, im sure Randy wouldn't like that, its not the way he does things. Im guessing we've also asked other clubs the same, but they dont have a blubber mouth shit talker in charge. Maybe Whelan is confident Martinez will stay because Randy has said his on a list of many, put it this way if Marinez goes he probably gets a nice payout, if he stays he will say, look how loyal Roberto is, he turned down Villa. He like the sound of his own voice that rocket polisher.

Its just how i see things at the moment.

So **** happy to wake up this morning and find that Benitez had been ruled out. Feel a bit sorry for McLaren though - not that I wanted him.

It's been such a roller coaster ride these past few days. This day has been manic. Right now I feel like I wanna get off (the ride). Four hours ago I was buzzing after reading MM's comments and hearing Benitez wasn't gonna be manager (I wasn't opposed to Benitez, but I thought we had a bigger appointment in store). Now I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

However, I still have faith in Randy and I think he might just have an ace up his sleeve.

Yeah, I'd laugh if Ancelotti gets revealed on Friday and Randy had just decided to **** with our heads for a while, just so we end up appreciating him even more.

I would cum with the force of a thousand suns if that happened. I just wanna wake up tomorrow and see a picture of Ancelotti holding a Villa shirt (preferably the new one with new sponsor). :(

It's not like Ancelotti is the only manager I'd settle for though. Ranieri, Rijkaard and Van Gaal all interest me and I'd be satisfied with Hughes. I also would have been happy with Benitez. Moyes is another one I'd be very happy with.

Oh yeah, and check this out

#AVFC managerial latest in tomorrow's @ExpressandStar - can't say too much at this stage but makes for interesting reading

I'm warming to the prospect of Ranieri actually. He did well at Chelsea before he was unceromoniously sacked. (now doesn't that sound familiar).

I'll be gutted whatever manager gets appointed as it'll mean the end of this thread :cry:

It surely has to go down in history as one of the best (and longest) threads on VT!

What are your thoughts on this? Still think we'll get Carlo?

I don't even think the Eastenders script writers could have come up with this last week in the life of Aston Villa.

Todays been epic(i hate that phrase but it seems appropriate), 3 different managers all being odds on at some point. Its goes to show how little Randy and the board give anything away.

It's been such a roller coaster ride these past few days. This day has been manic. Right now I feel like I wanna get off (the ride). Four hours ago I was buzzing after reading MM's comments and hearing Benitez wasn't gonna be manager (I wasn't opposed to Benitez, but I thought we had a bigger appointment in store). Now I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

However, I still have faith in Randy and I think he might just have an ace up his sleeve.

Yeah, I'd laugh if Ancelotti gets revealed on Friday and Randy had just decided to **** with our heads for a while, just so we end up appreciating him even more.

I'd laugh so hard I'd cry. Actually I might just go straight to tears. I just can't stop believing that RL has some Italian magic up his sleeve. I just know that he spoke directly to Carlo. Okay I don't "know" "Know" but I have a real hunch that they have had direct face to face contact and that Carlo was given an offer he can't refuse :lol:

I'll be gutted whatever manager gets appointed as it'll mean the end of this thread :cry:

It surely has to go down in history as one of the best (and longest) threads on VT!

What are your thoughts on this? Still think we'll get Carlo?

Oh yeah, 100% mate. It's really amusing reading this board practically assuming we've appointed Martinez. I'm sure we've talked to quite a few managers, it doesn't actually mean it will come to anything.

If the rumour about Randy being put off McClaren because of the fans backlash is true, then it only goes to strengthen my point about Randy being particularly conscious about appointing someone who will bring the feelgood factor back to Villa Park. That person is Carlo Ancelotti. And I fully expect him to be announced as manager on Friday - whereby I will probably run out of work screaming and shouting never to be seen again!

All we know is Randy has asked to speak to Martinez, now Dave Whelan being the quoteathon blubber mouth has told the press, im sure Randy wouldn't like that, its not the way he does things. Im guessing we've also asked other clubs the same, but they dont have a blubber mouth shit talker in charge. Maybe Whelan is confident Martinez will stay because Randy has said his on a list of many, put it this way if Marinez goes he probably gets a nice payout, if he stays he will say, look how loyal Roberto is, he turned down Villa. He like the sound of his own voice that rocket polisher.

You do have a point. Without Whelan speaking, I doubt this would have reached the media at all. So what does that say? To me it doesn't say he's a prime target, he is purely being interviewed and is one of many targets we have. The media would very well be jumping the gun purely due to the fact that he's the first manager confirmed to be talking to Lerner.

Bit of pure speculation, but Whelan might have opened his mouth to turn the whole thing into a sort of "one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" situation for Martinez. If Martinez goes for his interview but doesn't get the job it puts him in a bad light with the Wigan fans and players. Even if he listens to Randy before turning it down it shows he's open to leave. The safe thing to do is to show his loyalty as you say. Don't think Randy is too happy about that ploy by Whelan.

Randy: Carlo, they love you. The Villa fans, yes, they love you. I've tried to move on to others and they won't have it.

Carlo: No, Mr. Lerner. Mr. Lerner, this is not fair. I'm an emotional man. You know these stories break my heart

Carlo: They have absolutely bashed every other choice. Every other name send servers crashing, hate mail flowing, accusations that I have lost my ambition...

Carlo: Mr. Lerner this pressure is greater than trying to finish first in the Premier League. God...Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in. Where do I sign.

Randy: Carlo, they love you. The Villa fans, yes, they love you. I've tried to move on to others and they won't have it.

Carlo: No, Mr. Lerner. Mr. Lerner, this is not fair. I'm an emotional man. You know these stories break my heart

Carlo: They have absolutely bashed every other choice. Every other name send servers crashing, hate mail flowing, accusations that I have lost my ambition...

Carlo: Mr. Lerner this pressure is greater than trying to finish first in the Premier League. God...Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in. Where do I sign.

Haha :D

Vital Wigan have a report to say Martinez is turning us down as he is reluctant to leave Wigan and wants to stay at least one more season. So don't think this is cut and dried as many hysterical fans think, I just think he is a candidate who has been interviewed.

Vital Wigan have a report to say Martinez is turning us down as he is reluctant to leave Wigan and wants to stay at least one more season. So don't think this is cut and dried as many hysterical fans think, I just think he is a candidate who has been interviewed.

Agreed, Curbishley will be the next media name, despite the fact Randy would never appoint him given the McClaren news. Villatalk would probably be down for the whole day :lol: