• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Just seen this post from a Wigan fan on Vital Wigan:

Ive had an email from the editor of Vital Villa, who does have some connections at Villa Park, about Martinez going there and me doing a piece on how I feel about it...got an email 10 mins later saying hold on, its now Rafa Benitez

Who knows?

That just about sums up the situation! :lol: No-one has a **** clue!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just discovered an interesting stat, the only teams to have lost less games than Wigan last year are....

• Man U
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Everton
    Fulham

So if we hire Martinez....

... we can expect to move up 1 spot?

Just discovered an interesting stat, the only teams to have lost less games than Wigan last year are....

• Man U
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Everton
    Fulham

So if we hire Martinez....

... we can expect to move up 1 spot?

That was with limited resource and what I would call a weaker squad so potentially with better player 7th or above I would say yeah is more than possible and would in my eyes be a more than acceptable return.

Apparently the new manager will be announced at a confrence this friday?

That's what i've been told.

Yeah, and the name you'll hear announced is Carlo Ancelotti. I stake my reputation on it.

You have a reputation? :D

Hope you're right though! Would be a very nice surprise.

The list of possible managers shrinks with each day. :oops:

Martinez like Coyle & Poyet are managers who may become big names at Villa Park if we are not looking to appoint someone who is already a big or bigger name for whatever reason and the first two of that three might not even take the job if it was offered them. :shock:

But what should be a decent time to select a manager is starting to look as difficult a time for us as it was when we chose GH. This is a decision that will decide the future of our football club. Will Randy pull a Graham Turner/Dr Jo out of the hat or a Ron Atkinson/Ron Saunders? Only time will tell but I would prefer to wait to make the right appointment than rush to make one that we might get wrong through haste.

That was with limited resource and what I would call a weaker squad so potentially with better player 7th or above I would say yeah is more than possible and would in my eyes be a more than acceptable return.

With Martinez, I agree.

However, like most fans, I hope for better - including being linked with a known successful manager.

Apparently the new manager will be announced at a confrence this friday?

That's what i've been told.

Yeah, and the name you'll hear announced is Carlo Ancelotti. I stake my reputation on it.

You have a reputation? :D

Hope you're right though! Would be a very nice surprise.

Er, come to think of it, I retract that comment :mrgreen:

Looks like its going to be Martinez and i never knew he was just 37,he looks 10 years older,must be all the stress.....it was great that Randy cancelled Mclarens interview because of us lot ;-)

Looks like its going to be Martinez and i never knew he was just 37,he looks 10 years older,must be all the stress.....it was great that Randy cancelled Mclarens interview because of us lot ;-)
is mcClaren any worse than coyle or martinez though really? I dont think he is not that i want any of them personally

is mcClaren any worse than coyle or martinez though really? I dont think he is not that i want any of them personally

I don't think McLaren would be all that bad as some make out. His time abroad will have made him a much wiser manager I'm sure. Martinez has probably shown enough to merit a bigger job, but still quite a bit of a risk. Coyle is Scottish, and while the Scots are generally shit at playing the game, they do seem to have the knack of managing teams.

Not saying he is better but its got to the stage of "who wants the Villa job" ? we are getting desperate as each day goes and another manager turns us down,what is it ? is that Learner wants the club run on a tight budget ? i don't know but something aint right........

I don't think McLaren would be all that bad as some make out. His time abroad will have made him a much wiser manager I'm sure. Martinez has probably shown enough to merit a bigger job, but still quite a bit of a risk. Coyle is Scottish, and while the Scots are generally shit at playing the game, they do seem to have the knack of managing teams.

I really have no idea now who will be manager. Its the biggest cliffhanger since the whole who shot jr saga in dallas :D