• Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Villa in CL in 5 years'

Year 6 is coming up.........

I agree with Uncle_Jr seems we have given up

If we'd have bought Darren Bent I think we'd have done it as well, because 2 seasons under MON we went close to finishing in the top 4. Instead we got Heskey!

Not apportoning blame on that score of course, only MON and the club know why Bent wasn't signed. Maybe MON didn't fancy him, but after last season we all knew he could have been the missing link.

Good point. We we so close to putting it all in place.

No ambition - Rafas 60million was only telling the truth and is a realistic amount.

Lerner just wants mid table, we want to be winning things, not have a bank.

Yes and amounts we simply can't afford yet.

By the way, where is this about Rafa £60 million, I haven't seen anything???

Then dont promise things to the supporters that you have no chance of delivering.

In other words, if you cant do the walk, dont do the talk. But if they did that, then season ticket sales will drop, and the bullshit weve been fed for the last 5 years, will come back and bite them on the arse....

But they haven't promised us anything?

They set a target of Champions League 5 years ago ...for 5 years before Man City had even be created and to be honest, you could argue that if Man City wouldn't have been around, we might have achieved it.

Since then, the board are hardly going to come out and say 'to be honest, we've given up hope of even trying to succeed, we are just here to finish the top 8' ...I'd be more worried if they came out with that attitude rather than actually still trying to target success. Although I'd also suspect some Villa fans to be bright enough to realise that getting into the top 4 is extremely difficult and we aren't going to succeed by trying to out spend teams, simply because we don't have the finance.

I can't remember the board ever promising us Champions League though? targets/aims and promises are different things.

Whos to say martinez cant persuade young to stay?? Young might really warm to the guy and buy into his vision for ghe club. And whos to say martinez wouldnt be able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat with regards to signings??

Hello ..

I think Martinez are the best option ..

I said it before .. for me .. just Moyes that would be a better option than Houllier ..

Then I said after Houllier went .. Martinez is the second choice .. for now .. Martinez is the best for me ! And much easier than Moyes .. so I really would like to see him a manager in Aston Villa ..

Whos to say martinez cant persuade young to stay?? Young might really warm to the guy and buy into his vision for ghe club. And whos to say martinez wouldnt be able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat with regards to signings??

Young wouldn't stay whoever is in charge, Martinez or Ancelotti. He wants CL football, we can't offer that ...

whoever is in charge, Young is going.

Yeah, I can see Ashley Young really staying at our club.

Martinez: Hey, I have a vision. My vision is to escape relegation.

Young: Hey, I have a vision. My vision is to win medals. I'm off to Man Utd, bye.

And all this talk from Pat Murphy stating we wouldn't give Benitez £30m is bollocks. Do they think that if we had spoken to Ancelotti we'd refuse to give him a decent transfer kitty?

Cockney and MON loving media once again at their worst!

It's been such a roller coaster ride these past few days. This day has been manic. Right now I feel like I wanna get off (the ride). Four hours ago I was buzzing after reading MM's comments and hearing Benitez wasn't gonna be manager (I wasn't opposed to Benitez, but I thought we had a bigger appointment in store). Now I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

However, I still have faith in Randy and I think he might just have an ace up his sleeve.

Lerner just wants mid table, we want to be winning things, not have a bank.

So incredibly disrespectful and ignorant to boot.

Mr Lerner should take out one of those magic wands that so obviously exist....

As far the claims that Randy turned McClaren down on the basis of fan pressure, again a load of bollocks.

IF Randy had listened to fan pressure then Moyes would now be the Villa manager. Hell he'd had been the manager last summer!

It's been such a roller coaster ride these past few days. This day has been manic. Right now I feel like I wanna get off (the ride). Four hours ago I was buzzing after reading MM's comments and hearing Benitez wasn't gonna be manager (I wasn't opposed to Benitez, but I thought we had a bigger appointment in store). Now I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

However, I still have faith in Randy and I think he might just have an ace up his sleeve.

Yeah, I'd laugh if Ancelotti gets revealed on Friday and Randy had just decided to **** with our heads for a while, just so we end up appreciating him even more.

Who ever thought Tony Barton would win the European Cup? Don't think Europe quaked in its boots on his appointment as Saunders successor. Probably just as well we didn't have Internet forums back then!

;)

Yeah, I'd laugh if Ancelotti gets revealed on Friday and Randy had just decided to **** with our heads for a while, just so we end up appreciating him even more.

I would cum with the force of a thousand suns if that happened. I just wanna wake up tomorrow and see a picture of Ancelotti holding a Villa shirt (preferably the new one with new sponsor). :(

It's not like Ancelotti is the only manager I'd settle for though. Ranieri, Rijkaard and Van Gaal all interest me and I'd be satisfied with Hughes. I also would have been happy with Benitez. Moyes is another one I'd be very happy with.

Oh yeah, and check this out

#AVFC managerial latest in tomorrow's @ExpressandStar - can't say too much at this stage but makes for interesting reading

Who ever thought Tony Barton would win the European Cup? Don't think Europe quaked in its boots on his appointment as Saunders successor. Probably just as well we didn't have Internet forums back then!

;)

We also didnt have Billionaire owners with unlimited cash that could turn mediocre, nothing clubs into one of the most famous sides in world football inside a couple of years and tempt any world-class player to join with astronomical wages.