Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

What I don't understand is whenever I order a curry to be delivered, the most common type of car they're driving is a BMW.  Maybe it's just my area but you would think if they earn enough to buy a BMW they wouldn't need a job on the side.  I guess they can't turn down the opportunity to grab some cash-in-hand.

Mine last night arrived on a bike and we don't have of those slavery delivery services here. I didn't notice what make of bike it was.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Mine last night arrived on a bike and we don't have of those slavery delivery services here. I didn't notice what make of bike it was.

Probably a Pinarello with full Campy gruppo and sew-up tires.  Arrogant rocket polishers no matter how many wheels they’re on.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

What I don't understand is whenever I order a curry to be delivered, the most common type of car they're driving is a BMW.  Maybe it's just my area but you would think if they earn enough to buy a BMW they wouldn't need a job on the side.  I guess they can't turn down the opportunity to grab some cash-in-hand.

A lot of these people do the "gig" just to pay for the car they otherwise couldn't afford. Alternatively, they may own the take-away.

See there's a scam afoot with this...

You own a take-away business...

On the one hand, you can have the slave come and take your food to the punter, for which the slave master will take his cut of your profits (as well as a slice of the slaves pay) or...

You can buy a bunch of cheap android phones, register their mates who have no intention of being slaves as slaves, then put all the phones in a phone bank in the kitchen. Because one of those phones will always be the closest phone to the restaurant, they get to do their own deliveries. The slave master is happy, he still gets his cut(s). The food outlet owner is also happy because he's replaced the slave masters cut and now actually gets paid for delivery. He now actually gets paid more for his food as he used to do free delivery within three miles (or whatever). No slaves are harmed in this process but the punter is paying more for his food, some of which goes to the slave master for essentially eff all and the rest goes to the bloke that owns the take-away, so he can now afford a nice car.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They are cheap to run when you don't tax, insure or MOT them. 

• Haha 1

I'm always amazed at how many take-aways some people have a week. In my group at work, or friends, sometimes its 3 or 4 times a week. Must cost a fortune. 

They're the same people who are 'desperate' for pay-day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm always amazed at how many take-aways some people have a week. In my group at work, or friends, sometimes its 3 or 4 times a week. Must cost a fortune. 

For me, it's fish and chips, maybe once a month. I don't like curry, so that's out, and the wife doesn't like Chinese or McDonalds, so they're out too. KFC used to be nice, but has been shite for years. We both sort of like pizzas, but they are stupidly overpriced for what they are. 

Fish and chips, once in a while. That's it really

Curries, I prefer to make my own

Chinese, is generally shite as a take-away

McDonalds, KFC etc, nah never

Pizza, again we make our own, apart from the bases

Ready meals on shopping night because we don't get in til about 7

Curry and the very occassional sushi. That’s it. Fast food chain food is generally disgusting, as is most take away pizza. Cheap chinese take aways are almost always inedible, even though I love proper restaurant quality chinese cuisine. Tex mex and mexican isn’t generally available as a take away option, and I’m comfortable cooking it myself anyway. I very rarely eat burgers anymore, and I prefer making my own if I do.

All in all, we have a take away about once a fortnight at most, and almost exclusively from the most local curry restaurant. 

I'm about 2 a month but very very rarely go to restaurants

Burger King are killing me with their monthly special, last month was a burger that came with liquid cheese, this month its whiskey BBQ

I love kebabs so try and get one of them in per month

Never get a take away pizza, trialled some Indian and Chinese but not found a great one yet

The wife loves ice cream shops, I can take or leave them but if I get dragged to one I am of course going for the £5 3 scoops, cream, the **** works 

What this place really needs (and kiddy was exactly thr same) is a Mexican food truck... I'd be in massive trouble, Mexican takeaway seems like such a gap in the market 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

And desperate to lose weight! 

There’s more than a few at my work that bemoan their weight, then when you ask them what they’re having for tea it’s almost always something like takeaway. It’s like they’ve not made the connection between shovelling copies amounts of saturated fat into their faces, and having a fat arse! 

• Like 1

I was raised to think of a take away as a treat, not the norm. In the last 12 months, i've had 1 pizza delivered. I occasionally pick up stuff from the hot counter at Morrisons so I guess that can be classed as take away, but its usually a few chicken bites.

For a family of 4, it must be a pricey thing to do 2 or 3 times a week. 

I remember seeing a documentary on the UK's fattest man. Some chap in East Anglia I think, he's overtaken big Bazza Austin. This chap was polishing off double fish and chips for lunch and 3 lamb bhunas from the Bengal Lancer for tea. My first thought wasn't "How can he eat so much" but "How the **** is he affording it considering he doesn't work!"

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

We rarely even post in the same topics :mrgreen:

Think that's the problem. I can remember the other Mods as that's L mod, that's O mod, that's N mod but I can never remember which B mod is which! I think I'm getting there though, one likes fantasy football and one likes gravy on fish and I think has strong feelings on the Beatles? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â