Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why do people seriously hate pigeons? What have pigeons ever done to anybody? I’ll never understand the hatred. They are just a bird. An animal that has every right to be here.

Then again, I don’t get the hatred of rats either. I don’t want them in my house for sure but I don’t hate them, I think they are fascinating creatures. 

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why do people seriously hate pigeons? What have pigeons ever done to anybody? I’ll never understand the hatred. They are just a bird. An animal that has every right to be here.

Then again, I don’t get the hatred of rats either. I don’t want them in my house for sure but I don’t hate them, I think they are fascinating creatures. 

I used to be of the same opinion.

Until someone near us moved house and opened their pigeon coop, and let them all fly away instead of rehoming/taking them with.

A gang of them now live on my roof under the solar panels and they are  the noisiest words removed, especially from around 4am.

Glad we are moving, let someone else deal with them.

As for rats, there are none around us as my cat, over the last 7 or 8 years, has decimated them.

Pigeons are perfectly happy living in their own shit and nesting on other dead pigeons.

Pigeon shit is a health hazard, I’ve had to pay upwards of £20,000 to have pigeon shit cleaned out of a building... before it could be demolished.

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why are those 118 numbers still a thing? Heard an advert on the radio for one this morning.

I know, it's amazing isn't it. Must rely on a few pensioners they can con for a £5 directory enquiries call. 

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why are those 118 numbers still a thing? Heard an advert on the radio for one this morning.

I remember when directory enquiries just cost the price of the phone call. It was just something the GPO did

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Do you also remember when it was all fields round here as far as the eye can see. 

There are parts of the Birmingham outskirts where I can actually say that. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

There are parts of the Birmingham outskirts where I can actually say that. 

I live in Shirley and I remember Monkspath being built. 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2021 at 12:59, Ingram85 said:

They are a bugger to catch apparently image.thumb.gif.f11ac3ca465053b9005387868dfecbf7.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Why I normally have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before being able to drink a brew but can down it no probs while eating a fry up?

I'd never thought of this before, but yes, I find exactly the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why I normally have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before being able to drink a brew but can down it no probs while eating a fry up?

Is it the heat of the cuppa that causes the delay?

If so, my guess is the fry up has raised your temperature tolerance so the hot drink doesn’t seem as hot.

Or the salty food means you’re thirstier.

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is it the heat of the cuppa that causes the delay?

If so, my guess is the fry up has raised your temperature tolerance so the hot drink doesn’t seem as hot.

Or the salty food means you’re thirstier.

I thought maybe the hot grease on my lips and down the throat (ooo er sailor) may act as some kind of heat shield?

Â