Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Edit: on that note, one of my favourite threads on VT ever was the one about the moon landings. PAges and pages of stuff and it was all absolutely brilliant. Interesting, informative and myth busting. Probably my favourite ever.

Unfortunately it got pruned :( Devastating.

This one?

Unfortunately not, no.

The one I'm thinking of was about 50 pages long. It started with somebody stating that they were certain the moon landings were staged, a few people agreeing with him and then pages and pages of genuinely interesting debate.

One poster in particular was especially knowledgeable, I think maybe it was "Sie", from memory. He posted lots of brilliant stuff that just debunked every bat shit crazy conspiracy out there. The original posters who were so adamant that the landings didn't happen conceded in the end, such was the evidence provided.

It was honestly one of my favourite threads but I've never been able to find it.

If anyone did find it I'd love them forever. Not even man love Actual, real life, love.

Edit: I actually talk about the thread I'm remembering in that thread you've linked.

Used to be a website where you could view old versions of the web , so if you know roughly what year it was you might find it

Think if you google " way back " in yahoo you might find the website

Leigh Francis should have stopped with the Keith Lemon character a long time ago.

Is it bad that I thought Keith Lemon was who he actually was... Never heard of Leigh Francis until now and I feel like a right tw*t!
Who's going to tell him about Ali G?
Next you're going to say Borat isn't real either! [emoji1] [emoji6] [emoji6]

On the Borat thing ... I went to Kazakhstan a few weeks back the young girl I go to see to get my back sorted now and then thought it was a made up country for the film :shakes head:

Does she provide a happy ending with the massage?

Leigh Francis should have stopped with the Keith Lemon character a long time ago.

Is it bad that I thought Keith Lemon was who he actually was... Never heard of Leigh Francis until now and I feel like a right tw*t!
Yup it's bad. Head shake of disgust happening here.

On the Borat thing ... I went to Kazakhstan a few weeks back the young girl I go to see to get my back sorted now and then thought it was a made up country for the film :shakes head:
That's worse than mine!

I know people who thought Timbuktu was an imaginary place til I told them it's in Mali (I got the impression they couldn't pick Mali out on a map).

Does she provide a happy ending with the massage?

she does that stuff whereby they make your bones crack so the happy ending is when she finally stops

even easier than that would be how the heck did NASA put the Laser Ranging Retroreflector on the moon if they didn't go there

Natural phenomena. There are mirrors scattered randomly on all planets and moons.

I reckon there are loads of people, hundreds of thousands, who think it's a 'real person'.
I've only seen him on tele portrayed as Keith Lemon hence why I thought he was real.

Have you never seen Bo Selecta then?

I reckon there are loads of people, hundreds of thousands, who think it's a 'real person'.
I've only seen him on tele portrayed as Keith Lemon hence why I thought he was real.
Have you never seen Bo Selecta then?
Nope, never heard of it.

I took down a spider last night.

We were all sat in the main family gathering space within our home, all doing our own thing on various sizes of screen....when a spider ran across the carpet.

The others all screamed and pulled their feet up on to the luxurious leather sofas. But I pounced. I dived down, grabbed it and marched it out of the room and threw it out into the cold dark knight.

It must have been about 10 or 12 inches across, maybe more.

I dominated it. Didn't kill it, firm but fair.

I am a man.

I guess I'd have done the same if it had been a cheetah.

You shouldn't throw things at Batman, but if that's how you roll then that's how you roll.

Not only that but perhaps a blanket would have been the better call rather than throwing a spider at him.

Â