Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez for me, not everyones favourite but i want our next manager to be here for 5-6 years and build a dynasty of good attacking football.
Good young manager Martinez. I like Jol too, anybody who plays attractive football gets my approval.

I'd settle for Martinez too. His team play very attractive football and he has a bright future.

I'd also welcome a more continental approach sometimes. Someone who can unearth a gem from the foreign leagues, unlike a MON who will pay top dollar for supposedly established English talent (Warnock, Sidwell, Reo-Coker etc).

Martinez for me, not everyones favourite but i want our next manager to be here for 5-6 years and build a dynasty of good attacking football.
Good young manager Martinez. I like Jol too, anybody who plays attractive football gets my approval.

I'd settle for Martinez too. His team play very attractive football and he has a bright future.

I'd also welcome a more continental approach sometimes. Someone who can unearth a gem from the foreign leagues, unlike a MON who will pay top dollar for supposedly established English talent (Warnock, Sidwell, Reo-Coker etc).

Picking a manager on the basis that he keeps a team up on the last day of the season, every season, is not a good appointment in my view.

I'd quite like Martinez too.

His teams play a great brand of football. A style of football i think Randy wants at VP (judging by the GH signing).

Only problem with his team at Wigan is they cant defend, but i'm not sure if that's due to him or the lack of resources he's had there.

Please Mods,

can we find the 15 people who voted for FSW, ban them from the site and then arrange for remedial treatment for them in a mental home before allowing them back

I just hope the three that voted for Mclown were not Lerner, Krulak and Faulkner

Please Mods,

can we find the 15 people who voted for FSW, ban them from the site and then arrange for remedial treatment for them in a mental home before allowing them back

is this the trophy laden benitez???

Everything was pointing towards Hughes until he resigned. With the calibre of managers that are available and the ones we have been linked with, we will either be able to appoint a manager very quickly or be in talk with other clubs re compensation etc. When this happens the press are usually all over it.

So IMO if we haven't appointed a manager within the next 2 weeks then it will more than likely be MH on 1st July. The day I slit my wrists :(

Please Mods,

Found one!

Please Mods,

I just hope the three that voted for Mclown were not Lerner, Krulak and Faulkner

Agreed Richard

Please Mods,

Found one!

haha - id prefer Ancelotti - but Benitez would be my choice if Ancelotti was a no-go !!

Nobody can say how long it will take to get a new man in, not me, not you, not Pat Murphy or the rest of the twitterati, none of them and here's why...

Presumably Lerner has his list of targets drawn up – or at least that will be well underway considering they’ve known this could happen for some time now. Therefore how long it will take is down to how far down that list we have to go.

Carlo Ancelotti could ring up Villa Park this afternoon and say “Tell you what Randy old bean, give me £50k a week salary, bonuses of X,Y and Z and a transfer war chest of 50 million and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

RL could turn round and say “**** it, Carlo you’ve got yourself a deal!” and we have a new manager by Monday. Equally likely he could turn round and say “**** off you greedy fat eyebrowed word removed, you’re taking the piss” and Monday brings with it fresh negotiations with manager choice number 2, and so on whilst we all continue to fret and speculate until one of them strikes a deal.

Lerner appears to be showing a fair bit of ambition with his candidates. Not one really is a bad manager.. I mean when he's looking at the likes of Moyes, Jol and Ancelotti we now we are getting a good manager at some point.
Great, has Lerner actually gone public with his shortlist?

Not yet.. Just been getting it from certain people in the know. Though many of the newspapers while not always accurate seem to be suggesting the same names as well.

So basically we dont know who he is looking at then.

If, and it's a big if, this persons ITK is accurate, I would think his 2 posts you have quoted give you a decent idea of at least some of the people on Rabdys list.